It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obi Won Kenobi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

'The Mandalorian' and' The Book of BulbaFett 'were both genius , they are great .

I love Star Wars , but the Obi Won Kenobi show is not very well done , it is poorly written , the Camera work is terrible and the Dialogue is like nails on a chalk board.

They should of had Jon Favreau do this series .

Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The Mandalorian was great.
Bobba Fetta pretty much sucked. They took they most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy and made him a complete wimp.

Spoiler alert, Kenobi is sucking so far, they made a once brave Jedi into a whining cry baby who cant even use the force anymore. The guy who dropped in on General Grievous and a battalion of clones with nothing more than his light sabre is gone.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It seems to get better with every episode. According to “starwarsmeg” on the YouTube and her sources which have been pretty dead on. There will be a continuation of the story, not sure if it’ll take the form of a season 2 or if it’ll be rolled into another series, but excited to see where it goes.

I really wasn’t to sure how the Star Wars series we’re going to be after the sequels, but so far I think Star Wars is on the right path.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I understand what your trying to say but i think your missing the mark

yes in any movie, tv show, book you suspend disbelief to enjoy the story.

but with star wars (before disney and some of disney work ) they set a bar of incorporating all aspects of a movie/show form set design, costumes, music, story / script, choices in actors/actresses and portrayal of such characters.

you come to expect that same all though the series/shows/movies.

even taking into account you cant be totally on all the time, there are some flubs that just stand out like a white stormtrooper on endor.

that can at worst derail the situation (ex gueedo fires first) to just (for now) a sore spot in otherwise flawless performance/execution like brother and grand inquisitor.

it can be further putting off (didnt mention this before) when you start bluntly screwing with cannon or if canon is a dirty word a previously established story line/arc

like killing the grand inquisitor when in rebels he didnt die unil another jedi and student in combat. which lead to darth vader coming in and also his redemption (well done if you havent seen it) .

lets put it another way..

you could have the best apple pie ever made given to you but ruined (or at least put off depending) for say a totally black colored crust.

yea its good but ....

scrounger

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I just saw the third episode and without (or minimizing spoilers) think they are starting to slip on the character development of obi.

look i understand the whole "tired old warrior" schtick.

even the skills can get "rusty"

it can and in beginning was played well

but common, its starting to go from standard, to annoying to starting to downright insulting my intelligence

for example (spoiler alert) yes using a blaster to hide your a jedi because a lightsaber is a NEON SIGN im a jedi.

but in this episode when you were made and facing close multiple opponents to go blaster is endangering leia at very least and at worst gonna get you killed (like the jedi overwhelmed were and that took either backstabbing or major numbers with time)

along with this continued to ignore YOUR A FRIGGEN JEDI WIITH FORCE POWERS that include MIND TRICKS.

you know something that you did with ease before and later in "a new hope" .

you may be rusty but when leia A FIGGING CHILD knows more how to "read people" and say the right things over a JEDI WITH A LIFETIME OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE... common disney.

look i admit it hasnt gone full retard (never go full retard) but its starting the dive and fast.

a little ok.. so much in one episode... common

just saying lets not ruin a good start or a whole show.

scrounger

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

'The Mandalorian' and' The Book of BulbaFett 'were both genius , they are great .

I love Star Wars , but the Obi Won Kenobi show is not very well done , it is poorly written , the Camera work is terrible and the Dialogue is like nails on a chalk board.

Just my opinion.

Oh, could nitpick apart too if I wanted to. But I got to ask what was so genius about Boba Fett? I hardly knew the back story on the Mandalorian but it was very well done. Boba Fett though was a big let down, I got 3 episodes in and lost interest, LOL Boba Fett was boring I guess I might have to revisit it, I do know sometimes they are better binge-watched instead of once a week,

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I got 3 episodes in and lost interest, LOL Boba Fett was boring I guess I might have to revisit it, I do know sometimes they are better binge-watched instead of once a week,

Oh mate you didn't give it long enough , it gets really good starting around episode 5 and on .

It does start slow , but give it a chance trust me.

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I got 3 episodes in and lost interest, LOL Boba Fett was boring I guess I might have to revisit it, I do know sometimes they are better binge-watched instead of once a week,

Oh mate you didn't give it long enough , it gets really good starting around episode 5 and on .

It does start slow , but give it a chance trust me.

LOL, I most likely will I have to do something till BCS final episodes drop.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Snap dragon... I was just about to post about this show, and as soon as I hit new post, saw your post lol

I am absolutely thrilled by this show, it's got so much flowing from it. Anakin, Leia, Luke, Owen, and Ben... all down pat. Loving it. It's about time they did some service to this franchise. Don't much go for the mandalorian, baby yoda, bleh. too much amiss. This hits all the right spots.

and with all the right actors too!!

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Holy buckets, everyone is whinging about crap, and ignoring a good show. You know, there is the problem. Whiners....

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Just my opinion.

You're mad!!!!! mental. I think it's quite well done. But to each their own, I suppose. Some like scooby doo, some like marine boy.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0
a reply to: everyone

Holy buckets, everyone is whinging about crap, and ignoring a good show. You know, there is the problem. Whiners....

Ah yes, i see.

People are not, not watching the show because they are whiners. They are not watching it because they resent the woke politics injected into it and have it injected into their head the entire time and so, They have opinions about it. You on the other hand seem to be whining that they have one.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   
im through episode 5 it still hits on enough notes that I can watch and enjoy it, and yea the PC tropes are there but it isn't so much it detracts from the watch, however least for me. 3rd sister and Leia both were better this episode, watching Anakin go after the younglings is always interesting.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I will give credit (even to disney) where credit is due

after (warning spoiler alert) the episode where sister tracked them down you get a surprise you dont see coming..
she was a youngling that survived.
then another bomb although she was serving with distinction the inquisitors to hunt jedi (and kill to be up front), she was doing it to kill vader...
then she set it up for obi to escape and tried to kill vader
for a brief time gave him a good fight.

then you see he always known but used her until she tried to kill him (typical vader) and that (wish knew how or hint how) the grand inquisitor didnt die...

with if i may say they got over the IMO over ham fisted (in first and second episodes) "reluctant warrior , cant and wont fight as did in old" shtick.

to give us the obi arc that was how it should have been done.

i suppose we hard core fans should have known if obi could figure it out, the dark lord would on the sister being a traitor .

maybe a questionable start in some areas but at end of that episode disney did a good job

scrounger

ps lets hope the keep it up
remember this is disney

edit on 22-6-2022 by scrounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

Just my opinion.

You're mad!!!!! mental. I think it's quite well done. But to each their own, I suppose. Some like scooby doo, some like marine boy.

The first few episodes were not great , but episode 5 and 6 were excellent.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I liked them all though the first ones were indeed not as good as the last two.

It was good enough that it should have been a big budget series of longer more action packed movies, loved the fight between Obi Wan and his former Padawan Darth Vader, it played there characters perfectly.

I also like Reva's redemption at the end (And she actually got to do a tiny bit of expressive acting) but is she the wife of the fledgling resistance leader whom was force sensitive but taken from him by the inquisitors? as well as the Padawan who escaped order 66 after playing dead and will that play somehow into a second series if there ever is one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join