It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who got paid under the table to take possession of the Kitty Hawk for almost nothing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I would like to publicly confirm my commitment to take possession of the USS Kitty Hawk for twice the asking price that it has been offered to and sold to my competitor for. If my offer is refuted that shows clear signs of systemic government corruption and this should be investigated immediately.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Where would you park it , doubt your neighbors would be pleased.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I guess if you bought it for 2 cents and sold it for 4 you'd double your money.

That's better than bank interest

Bally

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What about the local yacht club?

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Bro.. you do not want the Kitty Hawk. That's a piece of scrap junk that's long seen better days. I've known quite a few sailors that spent basically an entire enlistment in dry docks on that ship because they couldn't get it certified to go out to sea and be in service.

Well, hell. That article explains why lol
edit on 3-6-2022 by AutomateThis1v2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:56 AM
link   

If it leaks oil / fuel / hydraulic fluid and is full of PCBs and asbestos, you couldn’t afford the upkeep.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:10 AM
link   

The Navy always sells scrap ships for pennies, because of the cost to tow and scrap them. Especially the carriers. One of the estimates I saw for the Navy to do it was almost $400M.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I propose you make your offer known to the Brass and if they don't accept your offer it is a clear sign of government agenda. I mean you would instantly join the ranks of military powerhouses and I for one welcome some new blood.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Oh dear, glorious president Biden has missed an opportunity. Why didn't he give it to Ukraine.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Even if they had the aircraft to operate from it (they don’t), the crew and know how to operate it (they don’t), and the basing capability for it (they don’t), it’s been stripped and sitting in storage for 13 years. It had to be towed 16,000 miles to Texas because of it.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: crayzeed

Even if they had the aircraft to operate from it (they don’t), the crew and know how to operate it (they don’t), and the basing capability for it (they don’t), it’s been stripped and sitting in storage for 13 years. It had to be towed 16,000 miles to Texas because of it.

It sounds about equal to a Russian Aircraft Carrier... 🤣

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Well here's a nice little conspiracy for you. If Biden gave Ukraine the Ship (no matter the condition as long as it floats), but if you've noticed Ukraine lost all it's ports to Russia. Then Mr Biden can come out and demand Russia give Ukraine it's ports back. Russia refuses, then whoops the US can get involved. Or am I digging an unwarranted rabbit hole?

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMortOne of the reasons I love posting nonsense like this to ATS is that there is a well educated bunch of funny folks here.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The shipyard will make tens of millions of dollars from the scrap steel, copper, brass and other alloys on the scrap market.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Would make a nice houseboat to float around near a camp here on Lake Superior. I bet you could sell out using it as a bed and breakfast every summer. Might need a little renovating to make the cabins more attractive, but it probably already has a nice kitchen in it. Probably have some single more natural rooms or do some remodeling and have some luxury suites available.

Seems like such a waste to scrap something like that when you could use it as a hotel. Need to cut part of the deck out to put in a pool I suppose. Be nice if you could drive it around slowly somehow, but it would also be ok to just have it parked somewhere. A little carpeting on the deck would also be necessary and maybe two hot tubs. After twenty five years, it can go to the scrap yard. I'm just giving my two cents on this, but evidently someone did not accept someone giving their two cents worth when the the bidding was being done.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
i thought they use the old ships for target practice and reefs.

big boat lol.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Would make a nice houseboat to float around near a camp here on Lake Superior. I bet you could sell out using it as a bed and breakfast every summer. Might need a little renovating to make the cabins more attractive, but it probably already has a nice kitchen in it. Probably have some single more natural rooms or do some remodeling and have some luxury suites available.

Seems like such a waste to scrap something like that when you could use it as a hotel. Need to cut part of the deck out to put in a pool I suppose. Be nice if you could drive it around slowly somehow, but it would also be ok to just have it parked somewhere. A little carpeting on the deck would also be necessary and maybe two hot tubs. After twenty five years, it can go to the scrap yard. I'm just giving my two cents on this, but evidently someone did not accept someone giving their two cents worth when the the bidding was being done.

or some kind of fantasy cruise ship.
rainbow skull and bones flags.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

Not carriers. They do use smaller ships for various SINKEX training.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

That’s what it all comes down to. The scrap company is betting that the cost of towing, stripping whatever is left, and breaking it apart is going to be less than they’ll make by selling the scrap after.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The nickname toward the end of KITTY HAWK career was "#ty Kitty" for all the breakdowns it suffered ........

top topics

<<   2 >>

join