It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe is Broken

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on May, 31 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Brussels. The financial capital of Europe.

The hub of the EU.

I travel a lot. I've seen 3rd world poverty. In Africa and SE Asia.

I'm in Brussels right now. Cosmopolitan city of Belgium? Nope. City full of drugs, gangs, homeless families, immigrant criminals, prostitution...

Never in all my days of visiting European cities have I ever experienced such a cess pit of debauchery and danger.

I've laughed at people who say there are "no go areas" in Europe.

This is me, a guy from UK who has visited most big EU cities, telling you, Brussels is almost a no go area. And I'm sorry to say that the rest of Europe is going the same way.

I normally take a walk at night and have a few beers in local bars.

Not here, this place is lawless. This place is dangerous. This place is scary.

There's a multitude of reasons why the city is like this, it's coming to a city near you.

I used to think it was propaganda. Thought there was no way entire cities could be overrun by immoral animals... I was wrong.

This place is a living hell.

If this the future for Europe.... Then Douglas Murray is correct

edit on 31-5-2022 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I've been cycling Japan here and been to Kyoto, Nara and Tottori city. So far, everything is beautiful and safe. I just hope it stays this way. But high prices now are hurting everyone here. 2 new bicycle tires just cost me about 130 USD. WTF.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

London is the financial capital of Europe.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

London is the financial capital of Europe.

If you do business in the union it's Brussels. So maybe I should have stated "European Union". Or whatever. But we're pulling hairs. You know what I meant.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

The CITY Of London is a separate COUNTRY within the UK (as far as law's and to all intents and purposes is concerned, a royal charter if I remember), it is an international clearing house through which some very dodgy transactions take place and it has a level of autonomy from the rest of the UK as it IS a separate country, if you are BORN within the square mile it can actually give you some pretty archaic right's as a TRUE freeman within the UK but as an individual you can expect them to be ignored these days, meanwhile if you are a company registered within the City of London, a financial business those right's will be fully recognized as it is in the interests of the financial industry to do so.

Other than Switzerland the City of London AKA the Square Mile is one of the largest hives of financial transactions both legitimate and criminal in the world, it is also at the heart of a spider web of offshore tax haven's and laws have been made to protect it's ability.

It's unique status is one reason it did not take a huge hit when Britain came out of the EU but as a Brit I HATE the fact it has too much power in our nation and it's wellbeing is often put ahead of that of our ACTUAL nation by those in power in downing street.

It always artificially boosts our GDP and for that reason we never get to see the true state of our post industrial economy.

edit on 31-5-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yeah, that Europe place. ... That's kind of why, us "Americans" shot our way, out of it. ...

Now our "red coat", "American" M.F'rs, and the Canadian "leadership" up north. ..Want to bring home the trash. ...
Strange world.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It’s done, they rely on China for everything which has been shut down “essentially” for months and will continue to pursue ZERO COVID, next up they’re reliant on Russian energy

What’s happening above that? A Cold War 2.0

The world is going to hell just wait and see

And it’s all part of the war & agenda, they want 1b people on earth and a WEF type uni party and system to manage the global assets after this coming catastrophe

It’s happening no doubt about it

Unless Russia or China falls, or the west falls, either way when this is all over one entity will rule the world and govern the world

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I've been cycling Japan here and been to Kyoto, Nara and Tottori city. So far, everything is beautiful and safe. I just hope it stays this way. But high prices now are hurting everyone here. 2 new bicycle tires just cost me about 130 USD. WTF.

Shoot. Consider that a deal. I pay more than that for just one tyre.
edit on 31-5-2022 by AutomateThis1v2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Athens is the same... Go outside the touristy or the outskirts of the financial areas and it's just a normal European city. Tourists and business people attract the poor and down trodden for begging.

I remember reading about the 'glory days' of the big American magnates and financial giants like JP Morgan, Rockefeller, Carnegie, etc. how around 5th Ave, and the financial district it was a near slum a display for wealth disparity, but once you got out of that 'buffer' zone, it was just normal New York life. Rockefeller used to have huge crowds follow him because he'd toss dimes to the poor every so often while he walked down the street.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   

These sanctions agaisnt Russia is going to hurt Europe a lot more than it would hurt Russia/Russians.
There are some in here who defend Ukraine are clueless and cant see ahead of them.

+3 more 
posted on May, 31 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Yep, Brussels… Narrowly beats Paris as a dangerous hate-filled rotten city. I took my girlfriend on the Eurostar to Brussels for NYE 06/07. We went to restaurant where she was humiliated by the waiter who got the whole place laughing as he insulted her in French across the room for being blonde and taking her time on the menu. She’d done nothing wrong. So after hours waiting for ‘any’ food we just left as they clearly didn’t give a damn.

In the streets the gangs were heckling anyone that passed so we ducked into a side street. She got more laughs from random passers by because her quite stylish buckled coat was a pine/forest green. Really. EVERY single person wore black and one kid even ran over to touch it and laugh, like colour was some kind of alien to them. In the Grand Place the military blocked off the exits with tanks which caused a crowd crush and threatened everyone with a water cannons. Absolutely crazy. The clock struck midnight and there was no fireworks, no countdown, nothing except people just wandering around.

We then got firecrackers thrown at our feet as kids went nuts in the street terrorising everyone. We got into the hotel room and one guy tried pushing in through the door!

Trying to get into the train station we had to dodge round druggies and gangs hassling the taxi drivers who wouldn’t take you to the gates.
Honestly we couldn’t get out fast enough. It was like the place was actively out to get you.

I feel your pain. A soulless, colourless, dangerous cesspit that made my mind up about voting to leave the EU.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Sounds like the left coast over here.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I've been to Brussels twice, once back in the late 80's and the last time about 2006 I think it was.....didn't recognise the place.
Granted, I didn't have as much of a look around the first time as I did the second but it was alarming.

I've been all over Europe, both East and West and I always tell people that the roughest and most intimidating city I've ever been to is Brussels.

The city centre where all the Eurocrats tend to go is ridiculously expensive.
But like you I like to have a wander around and get to see the real city where the locals go etc.

Nothing much fazes me and I've seen a lot and been in some hairy situations but Brussels is rough as #.
I won't go into all the details here but I genuinely felt more uncomfortable and on edge than anywhere else, more so even than times in Bulgaria, Romania and Macedonia that were pretty hair raising.

Have to say I agree 100% with you.
edit on 31/5/22 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

+3 more 
posted on May, 31 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   

That's what Happens when you Dilute a Native Culture of a Country with Unchecked Legal and Illegal Immigration of People who REFUSE to Assimilate into their New Land . The Present European Governments are doing it Deliberately to IMO .

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Same here as far as feeling safe. There are other countries I would not now go to without being seriously armed and that includes the USA; therefore my traveling days have been curtailed greatly.... I am fortunate as I play golf with many people from different countries and there is a considerable percentage who say crime and the cost of everything sucks where they are from.

Gas prices have greatly increase here as 42B per liter is now common for 95 Octane (figure 31B per dollar).... I suppose the price of diesel is still civilized because the government has not placed so much tax on the fuel to make it non-affordably like they have in the states or other countries. Countries do that for cost of transportation and everyone ends up paying..

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Japan is, to an extent, openly racist and does not in anyway allow for or accept any significant level of migration, legal or otherwise. Not as bad as China, but still an explanation.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I was born in the London Free hospital in the 70’s.

I was raised in Los Angeles tho.

I am a subject of the Queen but I will admit that my knowledge of all things British is limited.

I did however know about the OG london and its boundaries but not the particulars of the governing laws within it.
edit on 31-5-2022 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Dbl
edit on 31-5-2022 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   

One of my close friends is the infamous Morton Storm. He is a Dane and nearly the entire country of Demark is a no-gone zone now. He cannot even go back to his country now. It too is a cesspool.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I traveled so much in the 70's and 80's in Europe that I filled a passport.

Loved Brussels!

Loved Europe.

EuroRail Pass in my younger years took me everywhere.

But that was back then.

I miss it.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join