It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are getting sexually assaulted in the Metaverse

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If you want to see a South Park episode writing itself, look no further.

I was hesitant to put this thread in the Science & Technology forum, since "science" and "technology" imply enterprises that organize knowledge and then apply them for practical purposes. That's not how I see Meta. (But that's just my opinion) Still, Zuckerberg doesn't mind losing billions while he gets Meta up and running, because he believes strongly in his vision of "an immersive digital world", where people will eventually make money from a "creator economy", and they'll build businesses selling virtual goods and services. They say he's even gunning for TikTok.

We know why TikTok is so popular. There's a billion morons out there with the collective attention span of a carrot. There's a new trend every 15 minutes, the scrolling keeps the dopamine coming, and the algorithm provides endless content "For You". Now the dimwits can find like-minded dimwits, and build entire online "communities" of dimwits.

Back to the OP:
Woman says she was virtually ‘raped’ in the metaverse while others ‘passed around a bottle of vodka’

A researcher entered the metaverse wanting to study users' behavior, and was promptly raped. (Virtually)

Podcaster and journalist Matt Walsh described Meta as follows:
If it looks to you like it's idiotic and silly, and a giant waste of time, and you just don't get it, then actually, you do get it.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just turn off the #ing computer or whatever. Report the people maybe? I have no words for this.

Jesus Christ the state of some people.

This properly angers me because knowing many women who have been genuinely raped this sort of gibberish really, really trivializes the ordeal that actual rape victims go through.

Digital rape. What a joke.

Some people really are a waste of oxygen.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I don’t get it, that’s the dumbest sh!t I’ve ever heard of.
I don’t claim to know anything about it but that’s not rape.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

If it looks to you like it's idiotic and silly, and a giant waste of time, and you just don't get it, then actually, you do get it.

that is brilliant.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

No problem.

To regain your cyber-virginity just use the hack;

Control + P, up arrow up arrow, F12 (twice)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
This properly angers me because knowing many women who have been genuinely raped this sort of gibberish really, really trivializes the ordeal that actual rape victims go through.

I'll wager the toughies doing this online, would get their nads kicked into their throats if they tried any of it in person.

Time to shut all this kind of # off. The world was a better place without it.
edit on 31-5-2022 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   

and the algorithm provides endless content "For You"

You gave me quite a little chuckle here Cole. ''For You''. What a joke.
I remember when my kids were young and McDonald's came out with that jingle that would stick in one's brain.
(singing) at McDonald's we do it all for youuuuu''

I began to notice not only my own kids but kids around the neighborhood not only singing along with that commercial but even on the play ground. At that point I sat my kids down and lectured them. I told them about how and why jingles were written and made it clear that McDonld's didn't do anything for them, rather they did it all for themselves. Some how, that message along with my stern scowl seemed to work and my kids were broken from the McDonald's drug.

But back to Meta. Yeah, I guess ole Zukerberg figures he hit the prize button with Facebook so why not go for the whole enchilada, bet his Facebook fortune on the next evolution of cyber imprisonment.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Anyone want to argue about how great it is to be connected around the globe still...

No yea thought not, I have a tech job, and degree the more I learn the more I want my sons interaction with it to be minimal.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Back in my day we just had to worry about being ganked camped teabagged and trolled but never raped well except the ones that would camp and teabag you ... So I guess nothing has changed in 20 years

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Yea odd back in the day when you got mad you turned it off and went outside to play for awhile.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Why not just stop following his commands, or turn it off.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

If you want to see a South Park episode writing itself, look no further.

I was hesitant to put this thread in the Science & Technology forum, since "science" and "technology" imply enterprises that organize knowledge and then apply them for practical purposes. That's not how I see Meta. (But that's just my opinion) Still, Zuckerberg doesn't mind losing billions while he gets Meta up and running, because he believes strongly in his vision of "an immersive digital world", where people will eventually make money from a "creator economy", and they'll build businesses selling virtual goods and services. They say he's even gunning for TikTok.

We know why TikTok is so popular. There's a billion morons out there with the collective attention span of a carrot. There's a new trend every 15 minutes, the scrolling keeps the dopamine coming, and the algorithm provides endless content "For You". Now the dimwits can find like-minded dimwits, and build entire online "communities" of dimwits.

Back to the OP:
Woman says she was virtually ‘raped’ in the metaverse while others ‘passed around a bottle of vodka’

A researcher entered the metaverse wanting to study users' behavior, and was promptly raped. (Virtually)

This is what we get when we allow unstable people to redifine terms like Rape and Sexual Assault on a whim.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Just turn off the #ing computer or whatever. Report the people maybe? I have no words for this.

Jesus Christ the state of some people.

Some people really are a waste of oxygen.

But when they do that they cant claim to be a victim for internet clout.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

If "Cocain is God's way of telling you make too much money", per Robin Williams.

Then the Metaverse is His way of telling you that you have too much time to waste.

And if/when the Almighty starts thinking you might be wasting too much time.....You might find that you are suddenly Out. Of. Time!

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

People are getting sexually assaulted in the Metaverse

Wrong.

They are being VIRTUALLY sexually assaulted in the Metaverse.

Not the real thing and this is just fragile peeps who cannot control THEIR habits.

Joystick Junkies.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

That is in no way any sort of realistic. Bunch of HALF cartoons that don't even mesh correctly. I'd say utterly worthless but that give far to much credit to that "virtual world."

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I was raped online once. I just couldn't help myself. Jesus, the way things are now days, you shoplift just by looking at candy....

edit on 31-5-2022 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Stupid SJW rantings. Do you know how many times I've been killed in video games? I want all those people locked up for murder!

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No problem.

To regain your cyber-virginity just use the hack;

Control + P, up arrow up arrow, F12 (twice)

control f4
squid! end of. alt out. go back to bed. and all that..

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Rapist also usually have a little cross in the upper corner to close the window.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join