It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Biden suggests razing Texas elementary school where 21 people were killed,..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
(post by Salander removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Genius Professor Anthea says if the Children were not Brown....

www.breitbart.com...

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Maybe Joe can tap into the billions going to Ukraine

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

originally posted by: KTemplar
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I agree with this. The children might be too traumatized to go back there.

Also maybe they can improve on any safety issues.

true

and what stupid sjw name will joe try to give it?

President Obama would probably want to call it the "George Floyd School" going by his latest tweet. Vice president Biden would probably call it "Lets goo Uvalde". Neither would be helping people much.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 31 May 2022 10:08:32 -05002220225America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Sure, tear it down and build a new one. I"ts been done before at places like Sandy Hook. Build a new one to make more people happy with security. Build one with only one door in the front that can only be unlocked by retinal scan. Put a couple of guard towers with howitzers aimed at the narrow entrance passageway. Yeah that's the ticket. Make it a fort.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What, you would want to send YOUR kid back to the place where the most traumatic event they’ll ever witness took place?

I wouldn’t. Not a chance. Then Again, I care about my kids.
edit on 31-5-2022 by NoMoreFools because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
They tear down statues now as if a ton of bronze or iron can be offensive.

They burn books because what is written in them makes some people uncomfortable.

They censor social media and MSM because they don't want to listen to different ideas.

Now they want to tear down a school because something terrible happened there.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They burn books because what is written in them makes some people uncomfortable.

They censor social media and MSM because they don't want to listen to different ideas.

Would you send your kids back there to relive the trauma?

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I am anti-Biden and think he is a POS but I support building a new building so the kids dont have to go back in....
I lived near the STEM school in CO that was shot up and have [conservative] friends who had kids that went there and survived the shooting that day.
They never went back to the school.....too much trauma to walk into those doors again.
edit on 2022 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This isnt going to solve the problem but at least i can see the logic behind this, I cant imagine going through something like that and having to go back to the same rooms you watched people die in, or had to hide and play dead in from smearing blood of the dead on yourself

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Actully it would be the best, children's emotions and thought processes are much different than grown ups and even though they can be resilient in their recovery from traumatic events, for some it maybe years for it to go away. For them seeing that wing may prolong the healing process, which is something that shouldn't be forced to do.

Sandy Hook was rebuilt, I see no need not to do the same here. in fact i wouldn't have a problem with all the schools tore down where mass shooting occured out of respect and for the mental health of the children and even some adults.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NoMoreFools

Part of the problem our current society has is that we shelter our children too much from any and everything.

Do we destroy all buildings, all sites, all areas where something bad once happened because it might upset someone?

Really?

Are we that ####ing sensitive as a society now?

We're not tough?

We're raising a generation of sheep.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Part of the problem our current society has is that we shelter our children too much from any and everything.

Do we destroy all buildings, all sites, all areas where something bad once happened because it might upset someone?

Really?

Are we that ####ing sensitive as a society now?

We're not tough?

We're raising a generation of sheep.

You didn’t answer the question. Would you want to send YOUR kid back there?

There’s a difference between remembering and reliving. We aren’t talking about an office building. We aren’t talking about a jail. We are talking about a building that provides education to 8-11 year olds.

You’d have to be pretty sick to tell a kid to just suck it up and go back.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoMoreFools

The entire little town may be filled with crazy people.

Good old Ted at the gun store sold 2 high-powered Automatic Rifles and $2500 in ammo to 18 year old Salvador.

Teacher left the school door open for Salvador.

Chief of Police didn't want to interrupt Salvador while he was carrying out his mass-murder rampage.

Salvador's grandpa gave reporters a tour of the house where his wife was shot in the face by their grandson.

IMO - The SMART residents will leave dysfunctional/dangerous Uvalde, Texas.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: NoMoreFools

The entire little town may be filled with crazy people.

Good old Ted at the gun store sold 2 high-powered Automatic Rifles and $2500 in ammo to 18 year old Salvador.

Teacher left the school door open for Salvador.

Chief of Police didn't want to interrupt Salvador while he was carrying out his mass-murder rampage.

Salvador's grandpa gave reporters a tour of the house where his wife was shot in the face by their grandson.

IMO - The SMART residents will leave dysfunctional/dangerous Uvalde, Texas.

You might be right. The whole thing is absolutely effed, from start to finish.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   

You don’t tell a kid to suck it up, that’s what you tell adults.

You explain to your children what happened. You coach them through it and help them develop tools that helps them cope with it.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

You don’t tell a kid to suck it up, that’s what you tell adults.

You explain to your children what happened. You coach them through it and help them develop tools that helps them cope with it.

It can be explained to them without sending them back to where it happened. To force them back is ABSOLUTELY the same as telling them to suck it up. “Sorry you’re traumatized, but this is what happened. Now go back to where it happened and have a great day!”

But I notice that you STILL didn’t answer the question.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Oh FFS

Yes, because I would coach my children to be able to deal with it.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Oh FFS

Yes, because I would coach my children to be able to deal with it.

And how would you do that? The world best psychologists can’t crack the code on PTSD. But somehow, you have the answer?

Uh huh.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   

PTSD gets thrown around too much.

I don’t raise victims.

<< 1    3 >>

join