It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crocodiles in the middle of the Sahara?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I came across this very interesting documentary, which shows something quite amazing, the last refuge of what grew in the Sahara when it was last green, with the wildlife cut off and the dryness engulfing the vast distances around it. Vast caverns filled with water, and wildlife, and a place that just kept going when the cycle of dryness hit this rainless land. The cattle were replaced with camels, and the ancestor worship was replaced with Islam.But the rock paintings of the place show it was once a place with horse riding calvary, and dancing girls, not so long ago.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I remember reading the gulf current used to cross the atlantic and hit africa, making the desert tropical as there was alot more moisture there. when the gulf moved north, the area dried up, that brought more drying up, and you have the desert you have today and desertification occurring, as desertification is an ongoing process, when plants dying, there is less moisture, making more desert, cycle and repeat.

Camain

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If only they’d have come up with a carbon tax then they’d still be there.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Did they happen to mention; Egyptians and Mesopotamians would mold crocodile dung into a block that was inserted into the vagina, acting as a birth control pessary?

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

That's interesting, As I heard a guy on the radio years ago say that when aids were making the rounds, in the parts of Asia where they inserted a piece of cotton wool with vinegar on it or douched with vinegar to control pregnancies, the STD rate was virtually nill. It immobilizes the sperm and kills the relevant bugs. To cheap so that wasn't pushed.Crocodile dung must have been mixed with something ?

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crowfoot
Did they happen to mention; Egyptians and Mesopotamians would mold crocodile dung into a block that was inserted into the vagina, acting as a birth control pessary?

Ancient Egyptians thought that men menstruated, because schistosomiasis was so common.

But that's nothing, some Americans seem to want to proliferate handguns as a way of stopping shootings.

I'd guess humans are stupid.

edit on 30/5/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You might be right, i wonder if it is the average IQ of a nation that really matters, if that's the case we are in trouble.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: chr0naut

You might be right, i wonder if it is the average IQ of a nation that really matters, if that's the case we are in trouble.

Probably not.

There is such a small range of intelligence between the simplest and the smartest. Humans aren't that different from each other.

And generally, the very brightest aren't like the rest of the world, and people in large groups don't like anyone different. That is why they elect more 'leaders' on the simpler side of the bell curve.

edit on 31/5/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Ancient Egyptians thought that men menstruated, because schistosomiasis was so common.

But that's nothing, some Americans seem to want to proliferate handguns as a way of stopping shootings.

And an even lesss intelligent group think that banning them will stop criminals from using them
And their religion tells them killing babies isnt murder

Weird
edit on 31-5-2022 by optimisticcontrarian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This is obviously where the Fremen have been living and waiting

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentityContraception in Asia is a very interesting topic in and of itself... it's much more elaborate with options and iterations than what the American market sees. Like spray in foams that remove not only sperm but virus etc on contact that lasts for hours and don't even smell vinegary.

But it is interesting how many recipes etc are in the old annals of history from the Egyptian area... it seems "naturalist" figured that out in the victorian era and started a boom so big that it ended up in snake oil and patent medicine.

Snake oil is still for sell of course but you can't claim it treats or heals any sort of disease as far as US law goes with the FDA... elsewhere I can't say; some of those recipes were to knock off bad spouses. The result on society of banning that is probably obvious with the many prisons and degrading of society. Sociology was supposed to fix the home but it's led to what it is... then birth control and abortion were supposed to fix the trap of being stuck with those sorts...

Anyways long live the papyrus

edit on 31-5-2022 by Crowfoot because: editing

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: optimisticcontrarian

originally posted by: chr0naut

And an even lesss intelligent group think that banning them will stop criminals from using them
And their religion tells them killing babies isnt murder

Weird

So, you would suggest that arming criminals (giving them easy access to firearms) is a better way to stop them using firearms?

I don't think you have thought this through.

Making firearms harder to acquire, and licensing and tracking all firearms, does reduce the number of firearms that can fall into the hands of criminals.

Similarly, implementing law that imposes an instant and extended jail term for anyone found with a firearm, but who is not licensed, or the firearm not registered, would dissuade some from having and carrying such weapons, and would prevent opportunistic firearm crime.

This is because the mere possession of an off-book firearm can be taken as clear indication of the intention to use the firearm criminally. All people who intend to use a firearm for non-criminal purposes would register the weapon, and get trained and licensed to use them safely.

And there aren't two different types of people, good guys and bad guys. Everyone is a mix of good and bad. So those normal people who may have initially purchased a firearm legally, with the best intentions, may also use them to commit crimes.

It is the criminal act that makes someone a criminal, and some people, who started out good, become criminals by commission of criminal acts. If these people are armed, then it is likely that they will use their firearms in commission of their crimes.

And additionally, I know of no mainstream religion which supports infanticide. Most religions place high value on all human life at all stages of development.

edit on 31/5/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join