It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If "The national debt is not the same as personal debt" then why not make israel go into debt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I'm repetitively hammered with the argument "The national debt is not the same as personal debt" when I suggest that we pay off the debt so we're not spending 500 billion+ a year on interest payments. If that is the case then why don't we make Israel take on debt to buy things like missiles or fighter jets?

I would rather spend 500+ billion a year on nuclear power plants, desalinization plants, and water distribution infrastructure to avoid a future water crisis as people in the south west will move into neighboring countries and collapse their water tables as well while not being positioned to make desalinization practical. When I say "practical" i mean reasonably distanced from the ocean that you can pipe converted fresh water from.

A lot of people treat the whole water issue as republican Vs. Democrat issue when that's a childish outlook given that states like Texas and Florida will turn forever blue soon. A lot of smooth brains think that only "conservatives" will migrate to their states when they encourage others to move to theirs.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: blakdart
Wow how very anti-semitic of you

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekner

So its antisemitism now to want to stop giving Israel money for nothing while we have a massive deficit? What logic are you using...if any at all?

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Israel isn't stupid. Not to mention as the US outpost in the middle east they provide a lot of intelligence on the various terrorist groups and act as a black ops taking said terrorist groups down a peg. Plus they act as a lightning rod for many terrorist groups actions as well. Actions that would happen in the US and the west in general if Israel wasn't getting the attention they were getting.

The US is getting a return on the money they spend in Israel. It's just hard to see on first glance.

edit on 26-5-2022 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD
A little thing called sarcasm

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   
how dare you question our masters lmfao.

i never even FATHOMED that.
they have no debt, because us americans pay all their bills.

fascinating.

sucks for us, great for the globaliiists at large.
edit on 26-5-2022 by drongosrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

"The national debt is not the same as personal debt"

Either debt is not a big deal and Israel can go into debt to purchase American weaponry, or we should implement austerity measures to eliminate the national debt that we're spending a half trillion dollars a year on making interest payments for.

Which is it?

I like roads but I want infrastructure you're not doing a total overhaul every few years such as sewage treatment plants that could filter out micro plastics,pharmaceuticals, and hormones that cause developmental problems.
edit on 26-5-2022 by blakdart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Why stop at Israel?

Stop giving money to the EU, Ukraine, NATO, The UN, African continent, Haiti, South Korea, Taiwan, China, Japan, India, Pakistan, Canada ad nauseum.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why stop at Israel?

Stop giving money to the EU, Ukraine, NATO, The UN, African continent, Haiti, South Korea, Taiwan, China, Japan, India, Pakistan, Canada ad nauseum.

Take all you want from those other countries but you leave our GREATEST ALLY alone! How else will they fund ISIS and the subsequent defenses against them?

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It's easy to stop overfunding Israel.

Just gut the 95% of Congress that Israel owns.
edit on 26-5-2022 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner
Wow how very anti-semitic of you

How so ?

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Well considering my post was kind of supporting yours at the least defending its non-antisemitisim I think you can figure out which I agree with

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech

Israel isn't stupid. Not to mention as the US outpost in the middle east they provide a lot of intelligence on the various terrorist groups and act as a black ops taking said terrorist groups down a peg. Plus they act as a lightning rod for many terrorist groups actions as well. Actions that would happen in the US and the west in general if Israel wasn't getting the attention they were getting.

The US is getting a return on the money they spend in Israel. It's just hard to see on first glance.

Judging by the current state of our financial and national security, it's not the US who is getting a "return on the money" because that implies our society is directly benefiting the way we're directly benefiting from the war games in Ukraine. The players change but the hustle doesn't.

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why stop at Israel?

If I'm not mistaken that's basically what Trump was angling for during his presidency, less "mission from God" type moral high roading at the expense of tax payers who can't afford gas and groceries, more leveraging to equalize the flow of economic traffic so America stops getting shafted by foreign trade policies. That business instinct is even more relevant today than it was in 2016.

edit on 26-5-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekner

If they're great then how many Israelis died supporting coalition troops? For sure more British soldiers have died directly supporting the troops than soldeirs who're from a nation who're a stone toss away from Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Kuwait.

Here's a question. How many American troops are buried in either Syria,Afghanistan, Iraq,or Kuwait like Americans were buried in Europe during ww1 & ww2? Why do so few if any volunteer to be buried in a country they help "liberate"?

It's funny to see people mock the Russians for having high death rates when the French threw 216,000 lives away the Battle of Verdun alone. There are plans to attack China if they try to invade Taiwan but there are little talks of conquering main land china.

I'm sure there are plans which kill millions of Chinese by bombing their infrastructure though, and when the news get out of all of those death there will be many including here who argue that those civilians deserved to die because of the original sin of the Chinese government.

It's funny to see people blame Biden who's one single senile man for Afghanistan and place zero blame on the tens of thousands of war planners at the DoD, State Department, and the CIA for the 20 years of failure. Perhaps they don't want to look into the mirror to place blame on themselves for supporting the war in the first place.

I'm sure there would have been a lot less FGM,Acid attacks,honor killings, and far more educated females in Afghanistan had the USA left the soviets alone. Hey Neo-cons, was that notch on your belt really worth it?

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Because worrying about Israel prevents them from focusing on America. How much did 9/11 cost us?

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

My question is the following.

If it's alright to rack up the national debt because "it's not the same as "personal debt", then why do have so many fiscal conservatives line up to throw their grand children under the fiscal bus so that Israel won't go into debt with weapons purchases?

Why not tell Israel to go into debt?

Why haven't we balanced the federal budget since the year 2001?

top topics

join