It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a terrible day - 21 dead most are children

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I couldn't decide where to post this. Please let me know if it needs to be moved.

What a terrible day.

I almost didn't catch what happened on my news feed. I had only been skimming through it lately.

I just can't fathom what could make someone do this to children. A Shooter going Postal at their job is so much different than this. These kids were 10 years old or less. What could they have done to an 18 year old that would make him turn deadly? We may find out over the next couple of days - or maybe never.

And then the finger pointing will start, as it always does:
It's because of the guns!
It's because of Mental Health!
It's because there aren't enough Teachers!
It's because the Teachers aren't armed!
And so on...

I can't see blaming the more than 9 million registered gun owners who didn't do anything wrong. But I'm sure that will definitely be brought up again.

So what DO we do?
edit on 25-5-2022 by CryHavoc because: Wording syntax

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Not blaming any gun owners
But blaming the easy access to guns in US would be something to consider.
Making it far more likely some of these million of guns in circulation will end up in the wrong hands
If you disagree with that.. look at these numbers and ask yourself what makes US stand out
worldpopulationreview.com...

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:54 PM
link   

We have to do something. What? I don't know. It's not the guns causing it. I, like many my age, had easy access to firearms growing up, and we didn't have this level of gun violence. Society is broken. I don't know how to fix it. We have grown into a perverse culture of violence in the U.S.

My wife is trying to get me to agree to move back to Japan right away over this stuff. 
edit on 24 5 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Not blaming any gun owners
But blaming the easy access to guns in US would be something to consider.
Making it far more likely some of these million of guns in circulation will end up in the wrong hands
If you disagree with that.. look at these numbers and ask yourself what makes US stand out
worldpopulationreview.com...

It's the people and not the guns. Many my age had very easy access to firearms growing up and we didn't have anywhere near as many mass shootings as we do now. How did the people get this way? Those reasons are what really needs to be addressed.
edit on 24 5 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The news on this at first was so confusing I almost wrote it off as BS. First it wasn’t at the school then it was at the school then it was 14 injured 3 dead then it was 14 dead 3 injured etc etc etc. How very tragic indeed, hopefully this is a wake up call to securing our borders better against violent invaders.

May the families find peace may god grant them grace.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I read it as it happened off the school.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

I only got to it here and there like I said at first it was very very confusing with so many conflicting reports from the same people more or less.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
How did the people get this way? Those reasons are what really needs to be addressed.

The internet and violent video games. It's no coincidence that the most popular games are mostly multiplayer shooters.
edit on 25-5-2022 by baggy7981 because: layout

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

My parents never had any firearms, but just about every friend's parents did.

They did not, however, give their kids unsupervised access to those firearms, and the few that did paid a heavy price for their reckless irresponsibility.

Guns cannot, and should not be imprisoned, but the humans who use them irresponsibly can and should be. Not too different than drunk driving.

edit on 25-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
So what DO we do?

The smoke will never clear, and we won't be able to start fixing it all, until the Psychopathic-Scammers™ have all been removed from any position, in any hierarchy that affects life and conditions on this planet.

We can't seem to fix the stuff they break, fast enough.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Apparently some of the victims were children of border patrol officers. I wonder if this could have any relations to the cartels?

“ A number of the shooting victims are children of Customs and Border Patrol agents, law enforcement sources told ABC News.”

6abc.com...

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Assault rifle - empowerment - check
Video games - training and desensitization - check
Rap music - mentality reinforcement - check
Mental illness - psychosis - check
edit on 25-5-2022 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 01:26 AM
link   

We have to do something. What? I don't know. It's not the guns causing it. I, like many my age, had easy access to firearms growing up, and we didn't have this level of gun violence. Society is broken. I don't know how to fix it. We have grown into a perverse culture of violence in the U.S.

My wife is trying to get me to agree to move back to Japan right away over this stuff. 

Just do it. I was just in Kyoto and Nara, follow me on Discourse, l post the journey there.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: baggy7981

How did the people get this way? Those reasons are what really needs to be addressed.

The internet and violent video games. It's no coincidence that the most popular games are mostly multiplayer shooters.

Yea but 99.99% of people who play violent games never use guns to kill anyone.

If we cant fix the mental health issue, maybe its time to consider restricting guns or making it harder for the mentally ill to obtain them.

But of course gun advocates will say thats not even an option. So i guess nothing will be done.

Maybe medsxplayed a role? At least we can agree to do something about that.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The only solution is to remove the guns.

There will always be irrational people in this world.

As an Australian, I am so f**king thankful we took care of this problem in the 90s and we haven't had a mass shooting since. USA are having more than one mass shooting a day this year.

If our gun laws were the same as the USA, we would have the same problem. But we don't, because we removed the guns.

Caring about your "right to bare arms" is not more important than all the lives that are being lost, not only in mass shootings, but all homicides and accidents involving guns.

It's time you get over yourselves and start caring about the lives of others.

You will never fix this if you don't remove the guns.
edit on 25-5-2022 by Tropics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Tropics

Yeah, look how well that worked for you during the pandemic and all of your rights being completely ignored by govt. There's a reason we have the second amendment. You want to do something about the shooters get the populace more involved and aware and capable of stopping it the second it starts to happen.

You can't close pandora's box, quit acting like it's possible.

Jaden

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 02:08 AM
link   

The solution is to remove the humans that kill other humans.

Preferably after they commit lesser offenses, before they actually kill humans.

Same as it's always been.

edit on 25-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I do not follow your logic?

You suggest the only solution is to remove the guns?
Because it worked for Australia?
You seem not to have a great memory.
www.cnn.com...

If criminals followed laws, your solution would be great. Criminals do not follow laws. In fact that is why they are labeled criminals.

I appreciate your passion, your statements do not show me a valid solution.
Your statement of not having a mass shooting in Australia since the 90s is an outright lie, as my link shows.
And I do not know the stats of various violent crimes for bludgeons, stabbings, vehicular homicides and any of the major ways to inflict multiple harm without firearms.

Don't hate the tool, hate the wielder.
And do not blame a tool for the purpose the user puts it to.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Poor wee souls.

Rest in peace little ones.

So what DO we do?

Not allowing crazy people access to guns and rifles springs to mind.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Here in the UK, we had Dunblane. A school massacre by machete.
Read up on it.
We have no guns, you now can't even buy kichen knives without ID so we should be safe right?
Now the rappers shoot or stab each other, completely ignoring all the bannings.

So there is the useless reality of your naive little idea

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join