It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Publisher Clearing House -another Matrix Glitch ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Next Wilford Brimley never made Diabeetus commercials. We are definitely in some sort of time warp, no wonder everything is clown world.

I blame the LHC and CERN.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Wait, what?
Did Robin Leach still do the lifestyles of the rich and famous? Did Richard Simmons still do 5-minute disco workouts? was my childhood even real? trippy.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I so remember Ed McMahon and the prize patrol in the minivan with the balloons, and Publishers Clearing House.

As a young broke early 20 something full of hope with a brain that wasn't fully formed until my mid-20's, I tried the "visualization" technique to get him to turn up at my door, as well as entering every time. Finally, I realized within a few years visualization didn't work and Ed was never turning up at my door. So the image is seared into my brain.

A parallel universe must have bumped into ours and some of us got stuck in the wrong universe, and I guess I am one of them.

edit on 5/24/22 by The2Billies because: grammar

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'm going to blame this on a certain political group who have been destroying, erasing, and rewriting history. Who knows, maybe they do have a time machine.

In this world or the other, Ed McMahon must have done something to make it on their sh*t list. 🤡🌎

edit on 48054831am312022Tue, 24 May 2022 08:48:15 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   

American Family Publishers

What the #?

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
i saw a video explaining that g00gle retrowrites articles when regular peeps notice mandala effects.

mirror mirror? no, you are wrong, here is an article from 2002 explaining it, look, g00gle proves it, look at the date.

i do not remember any of this mcman stuff, i was young. but damn looking at letterman and johnny making a bit about it? thats bonkers. golden girls? insanity too.

the villlains who run the world know they can rewrite hist0ry in a second online.

DO NOT SELL YOUR BOOKS friends. never. i have a massive book collection, and i plan on starting a library for my future descendents, with instructions to never sell as well.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
I so remember Ed McMahon and the prize patrol in the minivan with the balloons, and Publishers Clearing House.

As a young broke early 20 something full of hope with a brain that wasn't fully formed until my mid-20's, I tried the "visualization" technique to get him to turn up at my door, as well as entering every time. Finally, I realized within a few years visualization didn't work and Ed was never turning up at my door. So the image is seared into my brain.

A parallel universe must have bumped into ours and some of us got stuck in the wrong universe, and I guess I am one of them.

At the time, Publishers Clearing House really didn’t make any real effort to correct this misconception. “It was kind of a blessing. It was free advertising since people thought McMahon was working for us,” says Sloane. “It certainly didn’t hurt us.” And as a result, the association between McMahon and Publishers Clearing House became an enduring myth. “It was the combination of the well-established company and the well-established spokesperson,” says Sloane.

And the company American family publishers WAS a real company. they used to sell magazines and competed against PCH,with similiar looking papers.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

American Family Publishers

What the #?

I'm telling you mate its a straight up Parallel Universe bleeding over into ours .

In one McMahon worked for ' Publishers Clearing House '
In the other McMahon worked for ' American Family Publishers ' . I've never heard of this one.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

So all of these people who lived through the 70's and 80's remembering Ed McMahon working for PCH are just wrong ?

I didn't even know 'American family publishers' existed until I made this thread , and Why would McMahon work for AFP when PCH was clearly the larger organization ?

and what is the source on your copy/paste information ?

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
a reply to: yuppa

So all of these people who lived through the 70's and 80's remembering Ed McMahon working for PCH are just wrong ?

I didn't even know 'American family publishers' existed until I made this thread , and Why would McMahon work for AFP when PCH was clearly the larger organization ?

and what is the source on your copy/paste information ?

YOUR LINK AT FORBES. you didnt read it that far down?

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Reading source articles is your friend. The article you linked to clearly explains why people got confused. Anyone in this conversation really needs to read the entire article.

I recall clearly looking at the ads mailed out by both. My parents would often let me order a magazine I had an interest in and getting them from either company saved you money and being on kids' meager budget of a few dollars a month in allowance, made it desirable.

edit on 5/24/2022 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Reading source articles is your friend. The article you linked to clearly explains why people got confused. Anyone in this conversation really needs to read the entire article.

I recall clearly looking at the ads mailed out by both. My parents would often let me order a magazine I had an interest in and getting them from either company saved you money and being on kids' meager budget of a few dollars a month in allowance, made it desirable.

this is to you and Yuppa both , I provided the article simply as the explanation of those looking to convince others that McMahon never worked for PCH .

I didn't actually expect anyone to just read the article and accept that as the explanation and just move along , There are masses of people who remember it Completely different . I mean what is the point in debating something if your just going to believe the first ' Googled Explanation Article ' ?

The Forbes article was provided for the Objectivity of the argument not proof that McMahon worked for AFP .

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   

You see, the problem is, the article explains it as I recall it. I know we ordered magazines through both companies.

It is truly easy to understand the confusion when people read what is to me, an accurate explanation.

Memory is a fickle thing. All of our brains are full of false memories we think are accurate. It's part of how we evolved. Some memories are wiped by our brains because they are harmful to us in fact. In particular for us old farts from the 1950s

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

fair enough.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I remember ed McMahon as well being the guy that showed up with the big check and being the spokesperson.........🤔
Mandela effect indeed!

I even remember getting those junk mail envelopes with the crap you could order "for a.chance to win!"

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Pretty sure he was the spokesperson for Stouffer's Stove Top Clearing House where they handed out giant tubs of Jiffy.

My favorite crazy story about this subject is an account I read on ats. This military guy swears that there is a frame by frame reshoot of raiders of the lost ark but with a different actor playing indiana Jones to be used to screw with people at a later date

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
My favorite crazy story about this subject is an account I read on ats. This military guy swears that there is a frame by frame reshoot of raiders of the lost ark but with a different actor playing indiana Jones to be used to screw with people at a later date

Yeah, it's Harrison Chrysler.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join