It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Publisher Clearing House -another Matrix Glitch ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   
www.forbes.com...

When those of a certain age think of the Publishers Clearing House, they tend to remember TV ads featuring Ed McMahon knocking on a door while holding a big check. Even the Obama administration made reference to these advertisements according to Michael Grunwald’s recent book The New New Deal. Former Obama chief-of-staff (and current Chicago mayor) Rahm Emanuel argues that a stimulus bill is “denying ourselves an Ed McMahon moment…the grateful squeal of Publishers Clearing House pleasure that would greet an envelope arriving from Obama.” Yet, Emanuel like nearly everyone else gets it wrong. Ed McMahon never worked for Publishers Clearing House. He was a spokesman for American Family Publishers. McMahon never left the studio to ambush families, and he never held a giant check. Similarly, Publishers Clearing House never hired a celebrity to serve as a spokesperson, and it was the Prize Patrol, not McMahon, that showed up on doorsteps with a giant check.

Now I lived through the late 80's and all of the 90's and I remember my mother in the kitchen saying ' We need a visit from Ed McMahon ' and even then I knew she was talking about the PCH prize . My Grandmother and Mother both entered into the damn PCH every year and always talked about ' Ed McMahon .

I for one do not believe we live in a simulation but it is entirely possible that someone or something is tampering with time and it causes these wide spread memory distortions .

Is it possible that the ' NSA ' or similar Agency just deletes information and sits back conducting world wide experiments to see how long it takes people to catch on , but I do know this that man gave those checks out end of story.
edit on 23-5-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow
Okay I’m actually tripping out on this one. You can’t expect me to believe that Ed McMahon was not the spokesperson for PCH! We all remember it. How do we ALL remember it wrong?

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Pretty sure he was the spokesperson for Stouffer's Stove Top Clearing House where they handed out giant tubs of Jiffy.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I remember Ed doing the commercials. But when you look at the commercials they show it's American Family Publishers. We'd have to find some old mail in someone's house showing it was publishers clearinghouse to clear this up.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   
double
edit on 23-5-2022 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
Okay I’m actually tripping out on this one. You can’t expect me to believe that Ed McMahon was not the spokesperson for PCH! We all remember it. How do we ALL remember it wrong?

I'm telling you mate I saw this at work and got chills
, I was like No Way !

It's like someone telling me Dick Clarke never hosted the Rocking New Years Eve.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
I remember Ed doing the commercials. But when you look at the commercials they show it's American Family Publishers. We'd have to find some old mail in someone's house showing it was publishers clearinghouse to clear this up.

It's a time Distortion , Someone change something and for what ever reason it affected PCH there is ample evidence McMahon worked for them .

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Yeah, mine entered the PCH, AFP & PP crap every year, Ed didn't bring checks to doors for PCH, he was AFP.

Ed did make talented people rich on Star Search. I was just lame enough to watch that every week. It's likely that Rich/Famous/Compete association plus Alphabet Soup Sweeps got crosswired in your & your mom's noggins, plenty plausible & much more likely than the alternative.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I have seen this mentioned before in relation to the mandela effect, I dont know the reference well enough myself as I am not American

Who was the long time Publishers Clearing House representative?

but Dollys braces on the other hand

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Pretty sure he was the spokesperson for Stouffer's Stove Top Clearing House where they handed out giant tubs of Jiffy.

That's twice in a week your nonsense made for a chuckle. I may have to take a longer break.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel

I'm telling you mate I saw this at work and got chills
, I was like No Way !

It's like someone telling me Dick Clarke never hosted the Rocking New Years Eve.

Seriously! I just asked my wife “What were those Ed McMahon commercials from back in the day?” She just completely flipped her lid when I told her she was wrong.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   

www.liveabout.com...

Could be Time Travel causing a ripple. Who knows. But we are now stuck in the Ed McMahon AFP timeline now.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ok, I may be part of the delusion but I vividly remember his black and white profile image on those junk mail envelopes.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

This is crazy! I remember very vividly those comercials! I found one source saying people were asking "who would hand the checks out now that Ed McMahon has passed". 3 people I have spoken to, since reading the OP, are in utter disbelief. We all clearly remember it being him. I can literally see him holding the big check.

www.liveabout.com...

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Ok, I may be part of the delusion but I vividly remember his black and white profile image on those junk mail envelopes.

FWIW, hubs is on Team McMahon/PCH, too and cited the profile, too.

Or rather was, until he started stumbling on the game shows. He went & looked up his career, and made a really spot-on remark, "Damn, he was in, well, EVERYTHING. That's a long, long career there, no wonder I got stuff jumbled."

Long career futzing with show titles aside, that era was also awash in sweepstakes & giveaways, so it's still more than likely everyone just made some crosswired associations due to just plain a whole hell of a lot of Like going on at the same time.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Fair.

Then whos profile am I misrembering?

I also distincly remember when they switched to the "prize patrol" from what I remember as McMahon doing the door knocking.

I bull headedly sing the wrong song lyrics even after finding out they are wrong so Im probably not the most credible one to speak on this subject!

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Fair.

I also distincly remember when they switched to the "prize patrol" from what I remember as McMahon doing the door knocking.

I bull headedly sing the wrong song lyrics even after finding out they are wrong so Im probably not the most credible one to speak on this subject!

You've always been the caretaker, Mr, JinMi.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Fair.

I've given it some serious, non-joking thought, and have three possibilities for it:

Waldo
Carmen Sandiego
Doctor Claw

Maybe I'm the one remembering wrong, but I remember only mostly women & some younger men doing the PP door deals. Always had tacky-ass balloons, too.

Starts singing, "Dirty jeans, dunder jeep, dirty JEANS, dunDER JEEP!"

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I have zero memory of an organization called AFP or Ed McMahon working for them , which only muddies the waters even more for me.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Jiffy Lube..the San Francisco treat!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join