It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China is locking down the borders.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Materialism is overrated....but try telling that to someone living in the gutter in abject poverty who doesn't know when their next bowl of rice is coming from.

I'm sure all those starving millions of yesteryear in China who literally didn't have a pot to piss in would have swapped their circumstances for those of today with their first world problems and complaints about 'materialism'.

Sometimes it helps to put things in perspective.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The whole point is if you have the knowledge, you can have any material thing you want. The material things are a problem to have and maintain, so it is better that they are in your head to be pulled out if you need them and the keyword needs, what's the point of having things you don't need. What's the difference between a hitchhiker with a backpack and a bum. It is nothing material.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

It's a question of balance.
We all like a degree of creature comforts, material things.

There's nothing wrong with wanting, liking and enjoying some material things.
Life is there to be enjoyed.

Being obsessed with material things is another thing altogether.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

That plan met with determined resistance from the countries china targeted, but is still occurring in some areas at a much smaller scale, and not much of it is in the west.

Their primary focus for this plan in the past few years has been Africa, Italy & Spain.

Australia, Canada, most of Europe, and the U.S. have already put a stop to china's larger plans in those areas.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity The video that you posted is so below average that it hurt my brain. I can tell that the person who made it really loves China sooooo much that I wonder if he or she has ever been there. China has always been very strict as to who they give passports to and who they do not. Perhaps I am too old to appreciate this point of view ? Still , thank you for the OP and I agree with you on what you said.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   
How has the hal turner show been on talking/posting news information in the past ? Do you think this audio is what it seems to be or just some put on chatter from someone ? a reply to: starshift

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz

You may be right... What is a better time to start that war than when the west is occupied by Russia and Ukraine?

No one wants to fight America since we been at war for 20 years. What this means is equipment advancements in a real world event has been crazy, plus our troops are the most expereinced in the world by a good marine. Add in we spend more on military than the next 26 countries combined, not something anyone wants to get involved with. We also need to understand that China has more to worry about with India that would literary kick their butts if those two ever went to war.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

True that.

Though many American wars are seif-perpetuated business plans for the MIC and other ulterior motives other than winning a war.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
People that live on planet Terra, please stop writing 'borders' as 'boarders' and 'lose' as 'loose'. That's all I ask at this point anymore..

Materialism is overrated..

I wasn't aware it was RATED. It's just one of those things people flock to worship.

I suspect there are multiple reasons for this - one is, matter is very 'obvious' in this world, you can see it, touch it, mold it, manipulate it and so on. It's very "real" in the most obvious way for someone that comes here to visit by incarnation or other methods.

Another reason is that the physical body people inhabit in a physical world is made out of what seems to be 'matter' (of course even all 'matter' is fundamentally energy, atoms, and what some might call 'probability waves', which is just a stupid way to describe a creative spirit of the Universe - we need more theological terms to describe the fundamentals of reality accurately).

Third reason is, existence in a physical world, when you are trapped in a physical body that has all kinds of annoying needs, is pretty difficult to sustain without some level of 'matter-hoarding'. You need to constantly obey the demands of this petulent child that is your physical body. It demands rest, sustenance, exercize, air, and 'comfortable temperature', for the lack of a better word.

However, this is not even enough, you need to drape it in something to protect it from damage and pain, and to control and prevent hormonal reactions your physical form would cause in other people (partially also for your own protection). Then you need to find some sort of 'dwelling' to exist in, or it's going to be a very miserable existence indeed, as being constantly 'outside' at the mercy of the elements is a very rough way to exist.

It's not enough to have these things, you need to 'keep having them' - in other words, for continued or extended visitation, you need to keep getting more sustenance on an almost daily basis for your physical form to function properly, you need more than one form of draping, or the layer of matter surrounding your physical vessel becomes harmful and unpleasant and start attacking your body's senses.

Not only that, but either you need to keep acquiring and hoarding more and more of these drapings people call 'clothes', just so this unpleasant sense-attack is avoided or at least delayed, or you need to cleanse the previously bacteria-contaminated piles of drapings.

This requires chemicals, facilities and so on. Also, resting is pretty difficult at the mercy of the nature, but even if your dwelling, you are going to require something relatively soft to lay the physical tool on, so the resting can happen, or you only get rudimentary rest and will remain tired.

I could go on, but I think most of us get the point; it's pretty cumbersome and requires a lot of 'materialism' JUST to exist, even if you don't do anything but just try to exist as long as possible. The physical vessel requires a LOT of work just to be maintained, so even if you don't actually DO anything but stand or sit around all day, you are going to need a huge pile of matter, and you are going to need continuous flow of new matter almost every day.

In a situation like this, of course 'materialism' rears its ugly head - it's hard to eat a prayer or build shelter from meditation (though if you are advanced enough, let's say an ADEPT, you don't need to worry about any of that, as you don't need to eat because you get energy directly from the Universe, and you don't need clothes because you can regulate your temperature with energy, and heal yourself and so on - so basically you can walk in a snow blizzard naked comfortably, but most people are not adepts in this world, so it's a bit of a moot point).

It's SO easy to rationalize things towards the materialistic side, it's a miracle there even are any spiritual people in this kind of a world.

It's just that when you DO have 'all your bodily needs met' (more or less), you start to feel a bit empty. As a Cosmic Messenger once said, 'human does not live out of bread alone' (paraphrasing). You can't live just from material things, something important is going to be missing.

Many people practice 'social materialism', they think that by replacing a new TV with people, they're not materialistic somehow. Of course they are, it's the same, exact thing, except you're just making people into objects without which you think you can't survive. (You can)

Truly independent people do not need other people.

I know, in a sense, we all need other people, because someone brings food to the stores and blahblah, but I mean 'in your own life', you don't necessarily _NEED_ other people. I am talking about relationships, friends, families, 'social networks' of that type.

People are not the answer to 'I don't want to be a materialist'. People come and go, they incarnate and deincarnate (you might think of this as 'birth and death', a bit erroneously), and as Charlie Brown once said, 'someone would leave - someone always leaves'.

So if matter and people are not the answer, what is the answer?

Religions have existed for a very long time, but there isn't a 'perfect religion' - they have become stuffy, unliving structures, petrified systems for dead people that do not understand what 'life' really means.

You don't need a religion to touch the divine - you don't need some atheist pastor to monotonously preach dead words to you, whose meaning they don't even understand to reach The Creator.

If we think of the Creator as omnipotent, then we must realize that omnipresence and omniscience go together with that word - you can't be any of those three without being all those three. I know it's a bit debatable, but when you really think about it, you should realize it's true.

This means The Great Spirit is EVERYwhere, we don't have to go some people-fabricated building called 'church' to be able to meet Him. We are unalienable parts of The Unnamed - we are like drops of water separated from the ocean, or sparks of electricity separated from the main flow.

We can understand how important material and matter are to the physical body, while still understanding we can't live off off material alone - we need something more permanent, something more eternal than just 'maintenance tools' of the physical body, for our innermost self to be satisfied.

There's a reason why so many people turn to drink or drugs (or both) - there's a void inside of us, when we're not connected to the Hand that Created us. We try to fill that void, in an almost panicky reaction, with something that we think will bring us pleasure, and then we think we're satisfied.

But we're not.

It's of course useless to preach that materialism is bad to someone, whose body is reacting painfully to a situation where its needs are not met. Still, poor people can be spiritual just as well.

As the Zen koan goes, 'Poverty is your treasure. Never exchange it for an easy life.'

We learn more from hardships and suffering than easy, relaxing times where we don't have to encounter anything difficult.

I don't know how 'overrated' 'materialism' is - I just know that people flock to it because it's so logical and easy to do, but they forget what they REALLY need in the process, and it's just sad to watch. If matter was all we need, rich people would never be angry or problematic, they would never do drugs or commit suicides, they would not be greedy and selfish, now would they?

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I quite agree. Whatever the problems you can usually think your way out of it. But half the battle perhaps even more is to actually decide what you want and invest the time and energy to get it. Most people fall for the trap of following other people's dreams. When we are all individuals with different objectives and talents.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join