It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

continue to subsidize crops that consume alot of water & Meat with the impending water crisis?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: blakdart

The whole WATER CRISIS is an engineered game of supply and demand.

In the US for example there is a whole mountain range running down your nation that has ample valley's that could be damned to provide both a surplus of hydroelectric energy AND a surplus of stored water which could then fall under gravity along pipelines to supply much or indeed all of the US water needs as well as preventing another dustbowl.

The fact is that it would require your government to act at a federal national level to put in place the building of these facility's, there would be many that would claim it was damaging to the natural environment when in fact all it would do is create lakes and once in place nature would recover and repopulate the regions.

That is not to say that there are not dangers to high altitude damn's but the beauty of them is you can have one damn above another, above another.

Still when they do go wrong they do go wrong.

Then you have desalination plant's, 2/3rds of the earths surface is covered in water and that water can be desalinated in various way's.

Artesian waters (vast aquifers of underground water, tapping these can be dangerous if the overlying rock is floating on it though so these should only ever be tapped when there is no alternative or if the aquifer is very close to the surface).

But it is all about supply and demand, back in the early 20th century JP morgan pulled the financial plug on Nickola Tesla when he disclosed he wanted to provide energy for FREE to the people, freeing society to grow exponentially but without a meter in all those lovely watts of energy Morgan was not going to fund it.

Today it is water, water meters something that is ridiculous and the ability they give to company's to charge by the litre and to make those litre's ever more valuable all they have to do is nothing when there is a need to do something, I mean why make the water cheaper when you can make it more expensive and charge more for it.

Both of these are examples of corporate interests going AGAINST the interest of a nation and doing HARM not good for it.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened
You are silly, how can you fish when there is no water for the fish to live in.

Let me let you all into a very big secret:- there is just as much water in the world than millions of years ago. H2O, you can change that combination a bit but in general you cannot destroy it. The problem is where the water is now and where will it be in 10 years time. That's drinkable water I'm talking about.

It's a bit like allowing water firms take gazillions of gallons out of rivers and aquifers causing low levels and droughts in certain areas so they can sell it to you in plastic bottles. Go figure.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
"...give up meat..."

Stopped reading right there.

Non-starter to any conversation regarding ecology or environmentalism. Water conversation and smart agriculture are noble pursuits, but sorry, don't care about your diet preferences, and the current efforts underway to retrofit the goal of eliminating meat from the diets of everyone back to some plausible justification .

It's interesting how "cow farts are causing the polar ice caps to melt!!" and "we're running out of ze water!" and diverse other red herring arguments are brought to bear on this subject.

I have no problem with vegetarianism or veganism, but militant variations of those people, that believe it's their role to change everyone else's diets, are quite irritating. Something tells me when WW3 or the zombie apocalypse or the next asteroid impact make everything go pear-shaped, the limp noodles who were trying to use subterfuge to force society into a vegetarian lifestyle will be at the wrong end of the cannibal train. That would be a karmic end to such a devious pursuit.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: blakdart
a reply to: vance

What will you do when cops arrive to pour cement down your well after the local government caught you drilling for water past 1000ft?

Well if it's the law of the land and they pay for the concrete, I will probably sit in my truck and watch as I enjoy a cold beer or two 👍

top topics

<< 1   >>

join