It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labor Party wins election in Australia as predicted, and what it means for our future

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

g,day bloke.
very good assessment of the election outcome.
well done
alas you are in deep goanna goo
reason
one is supposed to think emotionally not logically
struth, next you will be saying we are in a solar minimum
what will tim (the ancient bones chaser, climate guru) flannery think
let alone albo the aspro kid.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: homerJ
Maybe Australia was just fed up with these useless corrupt blue bloods??? Scomo and Barnaby ... lol it cant get any worse thats for sure.

i wouldn't be so sure if i was you .labor has a really bad/consistent habit of stuffing things up
to a greater extent than the dropkicks that just lost.
time will tell

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Great informative post mate. I too am very stoked with the result. There's some salty blue bloods where I live lemme tell ya!

originally posted by: harold223
Yeah, no voting machines in Australia. Votes are cast on paper ballots, and numbered by pencil. They are put by the voter into boxes at the booths. The whole election is run by the Australian Election Commission nation wide. All votes are counted by hand by AEC officials and scrutineers are present from the different parties overlooking the counting. Every ballot is literally checked by three seperate sets of eyes. All ballots are kept in national archives and can be pulled out and re-counted years or even decades later. Australians have compulsory voting - meaning they have to attend a polling booth or vote preroll or post. What you actually mark on the ballot is not checked though. You are not legally required to cast legitimate vote if you do not want. Australia's elections are probably one of the most difficult to rig in the world.

It helps to understand that we have preferential voting. This means you number the candidates in your electorate say 1-5 or however many there are in order of most preferred to least preferred. That means if your preferred doesn't get enough votes, your second/third/fourth preference etc gets tallied to the next in line. Labor had a pretty poor first preference vote this time, but huge votes for the greens and climate focused independent candidates put them up in a lot of areas through preferences. This election result marks a seismic shift in Australia's political landscape. I've voted greens my whole life so fair to say I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. There will be a lot of greens in the senate.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamSeekerof

Record early and mail-in voting.
Things that make you go Hmmmmm.
The Leftist DEMs in the US taught them well?

Either the people down unduh did not learn anything during COVID or there is fraud going on.
At any rate, they will reap what they have sown.
Look on the bright side, Australia already has gulags set up and some Americans believe the land down unduh is in Europe.....

re your comment on europe
your not bloody wrong
the sporting goods store is out of st paul
purchased a really good pair of winter hunting boots from them
years ago
emailed them. i thing, approx 6mths ago re a new pair
only to get the reply we dont ship into the european union
stuff a bloody duck.
someone needs to start teaching your mob geography.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: harold223

Hmmm. so you vote green. you need to do some research
find out whom it is that the greens intend to hand this country
over to.
if that does not come under the heading of bloody treason
what does.
alas the other two major parties are guilty also,
but beholding to a different puppet master
good. more greenies in canberra.
hope the place gets snowed under this winter

ok i'll give you a hint check out bob browns last speech prior to voting
for the final resolution at the international greens conference
in the middle east. he was greens boss at the time and
if memory serve me correctly. not much aussie media there to dob him in
for treason

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: pronto

We are approaching peak climate change propaganda in Australia, so it's not surprising to see the Greens get a record number of votes. That was made much easier by the unfortunate natural disasters which have occurred in the last few years. A couple of years ago I wrote a series of very detailed threads analyzing the climate change issues in Australia. I looked at the cost of different types of energy and the potential link between climate change and natural disasters. So before anyone wants to debate climate issues with me, take a glance at these threads to understand my position first:

Dissecting the Global Warming and Energy Issues in Australia

Elon Musk on Australia's energy crisis

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Australia's elections are probably one of the most difficult to rig in the world.

I highly doubt that is true, we basically just put some numbers on a sheet of paper. I doubt it would be difficult for someone on the inside to stuff a bunch of fake vote slips into the mix.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   

There are no identifying marks on a ballot paper.

Stuffing votes is the way to go.

Always has been.

Besides that, we end up voting for someone we despise with the preferential system because we cannot end our vote.

We are, and always have been toyed with.

Our system is not broken, it works exactly as intended. It is a voting circus.

P

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   
LOL

Our new PM has been sworn in.

Bit fast, still counting votes!

Where have we seen these tactics before.

Literally, they are still counting votes and a winner has not been declared!

LOL

P

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

Australia's elections are probably one of the most difficult to rig in the world.

I highly doubt that is true, we basically just put some numbers on a sheet of paper. I doubt it would be difficult for someone on the inside to stuff a bunch of fake vote slips into the mix.

Haha. It's the easiest to rig.

There's no need to. It's all done through the media these days. It's an easy game.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join