It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Paul Blocks $40B for Ukraine: 'We Cannot Save Ukraine by Dooming the U.S. Economy'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Really where did I say that, go ahead Ill wait! (P.s. I didnt vote trump not once)

I am terrified about the economic future of my children, trump spent way more than I liked, this clown car administration thinks you can spend your way out of inflation.

Bloody heck yes I want accountability.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

My bad, I think I clicked on your post but was referring to thread in general.

Apologies

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   

No worries.

Peace!

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Ukraine will get the money.

I have NO doubt.

NO! Bill gets that money.
and spends it bribing others!

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
He is not wrong here at all, we can't and we shouldn't and this is but one reason we shouldn't send 40 Billion dollars to Ukraine.

Sending that much aid into an area without American oversight is just asking for it to be embezzled by those in power to do so.

Just like the warlords in Mogadishu took all the aid for themselves and hoarded it, corrupt societies do corrupt things. I don't blame Ukraine it has to be a little corrupt to survive in Eastern Europe, but it doesn't mean the US needs to finance it. ITS CRAZY

Sen. Rand Paul Blocks $40B for Ukraine: 'We Cannot Save Ukraine by Dooming the U.S. Economy

www.cnsnews.com...

"My oath of office is to the U.S. Constitution, not to any foreign nation," Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said in a speech on the Senate floor Thursday, as some of his fellow Republicans urged immediate passage of a bill -- this one totaling $40 billion -- to fund U.S. assistance for the situation in Ukraine.

"We cannot save Ukraine by dooming the U.S. economy," Paul said, noting that inflation in the United States is now running at a forty-year high. "Inflation doesn't just come out of nowhere. It comes from deficit spending," he said.

Paul said the $60 billion far exceeds what the U.S. pays for cancer research, building roads and bridges, and even for some federal agencies. And he noted that other NATO allies are stepping up their Ukraine support, so the U.S. doesn't always need to be "the policeman that saves the world, particularly when it is on borrowed money."

In subsequent tweets, Paul said that while he sympathizes with Ukrainians, the $40 billion bill is "frankly a slap in the face to millions of taxpayers who are struggling to buy gas, groceries, and find baby formula."

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Really where did I say that, go ahead Ill wait! (P.s. I didn't vote trump not once)

I am terrified about the economic future of my children, trump spent way more than I liked, this clown car administration thinks you can spend your way out of inflation.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Really where did I say that, go ahead Ill wait! (P.s. I didn't vote trump not once)

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
The bill was 2,700 pages long, with only a few days to review before voting. Only a portion of the bill directly impacted roads and bridges, with the amount to be spread out over five years, so it really wasn't all about improving infrastructure as the public was lead to believe.
Here's a portion of the bill that was past with the help of a whole lot of RINO's:

What's in the $1.2 Trillion Bipartisan Package
The 2,702-page Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act contains $550 billion in new spending. The $1.2 trillion figure comes from including additional funding normally allocated each year for highways and other infrastructure projects. The new spending includes:14

$110 billion for roads and bridges. In addition to construction and repair, the funding also helps pay for transportation research at universities, funding for Puerto Rico’s highways, and “congestion relief” in American cities.
$66 billion for railroads. Funding includes upgrades and maintenance of America’s passenger rail system and freight rail safety, but nothing for high-speed rail.
$65 billion for the power grid. The bill would fund updates to power lines and cables, as well as provide money to prevent hacking of the power grid. Clean energy funding is also included.
$65 billion for broadband. Includes funding to expand broadband in rural areas and in low-income communities. Approximately $14 billion of the total would help reduce Internet bills for low-income citizens.
$55 billion for water infrastructure. This funding includes $15 billion for lead pipe replacement, $10 billion for chemical cleanup, and money to provide clean drinking water in tribal communities.
$50+ billion for cybersecurity and climate change. This resilience funding will protect infrastructure from cybersecurity attacks and address flooding, wildfires, coastal erosion, and droughts along with other extreme weather events.
$39 billion for public transit. Funding here provides for upgrades to public transit systems nationwide. The allocation also includes money to create new bus routes and help make public transit more accessible to seniors and disabled Americans.
$25 billion for airports. This allocation provides funding for major upgrades and expansions at U.S. airports. Air traffic control towers and systems would receive $5 billion of the total for upgrades.
$21 billion for the environment. These monies would be used to clean up superfund and brownfield sites, abandoned mines, and old oil and gas wells.
$17 billion for ports. Half of the funds in this category would go to the Army Corps of Engineers for port infrastructure. Additional funds would go to the Coast Guard, ferry terminals, and reduction of truck emissions at ports.
$11 billion for safety. Appropriations here are to address highway, pedestrian, pipeline, and other safety areas with highway safety getting the bulk of the funding.
$8 billion for western water infrastructure. Ongoing drought conditions in the western half of the country will be addressed through investments in water treatment, storage, and reuse facilities.
$7.5 bill for electric vehicle charging stations. The Biden administration asked for this funding to build significantly more charging stations for electric vehicles across the nation.
$7.5 billion for electric school buses. With an emphasis on bus fleet replacement in low-income, rural, and tribal communities, this funding is expected to allow those communities to convert to zero-emission buses.

Details matter. At least, they should! Always read the fine print.
[www.investopedia.com...]

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Irishhaf

My bad, I think I clicked on your post but was referring to thread in general.

Apologies

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Sending that much aid into an area without American oversight is just asking for it to be embezzled by those in power to do so.

Just like the warlords in Mogadishu took all the aid for themselves and hoarded it, corrupt societies do corrupt things. I don't blame Ukraine it has to be a little corrupt to survive in Eastern Europe, but it doesn't mean the US needs to finance it. ITS CRAZY

It looks like most of it won't actually be in the hands of Ukrainian politicians.

www.politico.com...

The brunt of the new funding under the $40 billion aid package will go toward weapons and equipment for Ukraine. The measure gives the Pentagon a new $11 billion in authority to take those resources from U.S. stockpiles and ship them to the frontlines, plus almost $9 billion to backfill items already sen

So it looks like the Pentagon gets half the money.

side from the power to transfer billions of dollars worth of weapons from U.S. troves, the package provides another $6 billion to the Pentagon account for arming Ukraine’s military, as well as nearly $4 billion for military operations in Europe. The State Department will receive $4 billion for foreign military financing to help arm Ukraine and other NATO countries.

Looks like there is still some slush in there, though, which could go anywhere.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Thursday, May 19, 2022

The Senate passed the $40 Billion Ukraine "assistance" bill this afternoon, then they flew home for a long weekend.

But America's worst President ever, says a few items were left off the shopping list...

Because apparently the unprecedented and outrageous $40 billion that the Senate just approved for Ukraine aid wasn't enough, the Biden White House has just announced $100 million more in military assistance to the Ukrainian government Thursday afternoon.

As The Hill emphasizes, this came literally "moments after the Senate sent a $40 billion supplemental aid package to the president’s desk." More, more, more will now be the order of business, the American taxpayer and debt placed on their children's children be damned.
Source: www.zerohedge.com...

edit on 5/19/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Why can't they write an IOU for the DOD budget money? How is it that we can't afford this aid with the typical size of the bloated DoD budget?

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You would think that leaving Afghanistan would have freed up some money.

I'm not sure which president is the bigger moron. The idiot who got us into that war, or the dementia victim who pulled us out?

But I'm glad the USA is not in Afghanistan right now. That would be expensive with Russia no longer permitting us to move supplies through their borders to get stuff to there.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Considering the pentagon can't account for 10's of Trillions of Dollars it has been given, I would not give them another Penny.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   
So...he blocks all that money from going to the Ukraine; interesting.

I think a bunch of money should go towards hiring security guards for every school in America.

Yes Ukraine needs help and the U.S. likes to help...however sometimes we just can't.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: alexandrae

I think a bunch of money should go towards hiring security guards for every school in America.

That's just perpetuating the problem. We shouldn't be needing security guards everywhere, if we just reimpose the rule of law.

It sucks that some people can't participate in the system we have in place. But we don't need to let them rob and steal and other stuff just because they have failed in their obligation to figure out how to participate.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I am confused, did he or did he not manage to block it?

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

"But I'm glad the USA is not in Afghanistan right now. That would be expensive with Russia no longer permitting us to move supplies through their borders to get stuff to there."

THANK YOU!,
somehow this is not mentioned much

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:36 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It's tragic there is so much corruption in the powerful circles, and that he seems like one of the few real ones out there. Great stuff Mr Paul.
We all know this money won't be used for good, I even doubt a penny would actually go to Ukraine
edit on 10-6-2022 by curbcrawler because: addition

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join