It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gosford Glyphs 500 BC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Yes I guess your right.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: anonentity

Do you Notice How those 2 Clowns are Manic in trying to Control the Narrative ? Talk about Closed Minds that are Incapable of Outside the Box Thinking . Don't Waste your Breath Debating them Any Longer , it's just a Dead End........

Chuckle - the standard reason to run away when the zest & zeal plus make believe gets blown up. The evidence is what is against your ideas not us. Go ahead and believe anything you want - but don't make the mistake that we will not show you the evidence that you are wrong.

Bye - oh, also evidence is better if you get if from sources other that Youtube videos - try reading academic papers on the subjects you are interested in then at least you will KNOW what you are denying.

(post by Zanti Misfit removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Again I will state what we are arguing about, the question is, "Is the path to civilization linear or cyclical"

That depends. Are you of the owner class, or the slave class? The owner class gets a new genesis, while the slave class, gets revolutions.

So I guess the answer to your question is, both.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

oh, also evidence is better if you get if from sources other that Youtube videos - try reading academic papers on the subjects you are interested in then at least you will KNOW what you are denying.

Oh, such a good point. Keep your head in academia, and out of the field. That way, your sure not to get any new ideas, or evidence.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Byrd
I really don't have time for a video. Who are they (names, please) and exactly what institution is mentioned? There is no "Cairo department of hieroglyphics".

American University in Cairo has courses on hieroglyphs but no "department of hieroglyphics"

Please, Byrd.
You are fully aware that these fringies have to completely fabricate EVERYTHING THEY TRY TO USE to support their inane and ignorant claims.
It's obviously the only way they can support their imaginary world view.

Harte

Whoops!
Guess I have to eat my words.

Harte

The name of that presumed paper is "Crapology"

Examining the news page of the university shows no such story (that's the current link to January 2022 news... I checked December as well)

Searching the university site for "Hieroglyphics" brings up just four items, none of them a match

Hieroglyphs likewise returns only 4 items and none of them about a department (note: use Chrome to access the site, not another. It doesn't like Edge or some other browsers.)

I'm calling "bogus". Return your dinner of crow, sir.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

oh, also evidence is better if you get if from sources other that Youtube videos - try reading academic papers on the subjects you are interested in then at least you will KNOW what you are denying.

Oh, such a good point. Keep your head in academia, and out of the field. That way, your sure not to get any new ideas, or evidence.

Oh, and what 'field work' have you done exactly? LOL

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Now that you bring this up, why isn't there a class in Egyptian hieroglyphics. Well, there is, but this class seems to be limited in scope of the language, and more about "Other" subjects.

t AUC, Ayad teaches a year-long course on Middle Egyptian grammar (Egyptian hieroglyphics) as well as graduate seminars on Egypt in the first millennium BC, Nubian cultures and society, and ancient Egyptian women in temple ritual. Ayad also teaches an introduction to Coptic class, and has led classes focusing on ancient Egyptian literature and Late Egyptian historical texts.

Mariam Ayad Position Associate Professor Department Department of Sociology, Egyptology and Anthropology

I find this very interesting as to why a subject so absolutely vital in understanding ancient Egypt, is not taught, and left to individuals scattered around the globe. That in itself is suspicious.

Harte, can continue his meal, for supplying "evidence" that can not be substantiate, and appears to be a hoax. Does he offer any background on this paper? Linkage?

Bad Harte, bad...... lol

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

I'm a researcher, not a hole digger. But if given the opportunity would love to get my hands on a shovel. How many brain surgeries have you accomplished? Oh, not your specialty?

I dig into history.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

I'm a researcher, not a hole digger. But if given the opportunity would love to get my hands on a shovel. How many brain surgeries have you accomplished? Oh, not your specialty?

I dig into history.

No and you are shoveling %$#& at the present time.

LOL yep ZERO field experience so an internet info warrior. No wonder you make so many basic mistakes (that's not an insult its a clear definition of what your problem is). You think you can alter reality by denying it exist.

It don't work that way.

Again to understand something you always read research that has been done before. You do not limit yourself to sources that agree with you. You read everything. You are clearly NOT doing that. Byrd and Harte I happen to know DO read the real science and the fringe, as do I. If you base anything on fringe alone it will just fall apart 99.9% of the time.

Just like your Richat ring fantasy - you don't understand the geology and will waste years screaming about stuff that is nonsense. At Richat you have to dig/survey/test pits/analysi/ etc., to get any usable evidence - are you? NOPE. End of story.

What the sequence should be - see Richat on screen, say hmmmm, research, old geology but someone could have built something old there, you go to a survey and sink test pits, then excavate and analyize. Total time 4-5 years to paper production - if you find something. If not write a negative report and move on.
edit on 24/5/22 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Again to understand something you always read research that has been done before. You do not limit yourself to sources that agree with you. You read everything. You are clearly NOT doing that

Fair enough. I really don't agree with cross posting info from one subject to the next, but since you went there...

Give me all the information concerning the following. Show me where academia has produced any papers to read. Show me Academia research concerning the following. And Ill read it.

What does academia say about this structure, exactly, this structure. Its use, age.

Please provide me with the Acadamia papers concerning this settlement. Its use, age. Its name.

I just cant find one single word concerning these sites.

And of Course, the structures in the second ring of the Richat. The last Academic works do not mention these structures. Does that mean they don't exist?

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I really don't have time for a video. Who are they (names, please) and exactly what institution is mentioned? There is no "Cairo department of hieroglyphics".

American University in Cairo has courses on hieroglyphs but no "department of hieroglyphics"

Please, Byrd.
You are fully aware that these fringies have to completely fabricate EVERYTHING THEY TRY TO USE to support their inane and ignorant claims.

Harte

Whoops!

Harte

Examining the news page of the university shows no such story (that's the current link to January 2022 news... I checked December as well)

Searching the university site for "Hieroglyphics" brings up just four items, none of them a match

Hieroglyphs likewise returns only 4 items and none of them about a department (note: use Chrome to access the site, not another. It doesn't like Edge or some other browsers.)

How DARE you question me!

Your Google-fu is weak.
The article comes from here:
Click here and tremble

Harte

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Byrd

Now that you bring this up, why isn't there a class in Egyptian hieroglyphics. Well, there is, but this class seems to be limited in scope of the language, and more about "Other" subjects.

Not that much demand for it. There's self-study groups on Yahoo groups who are making their way through some of the texts (if you need 'free' and aren't going to college.) Those groups typically have 10-20 students worldwide at any one time and there's even a section on Coptic taught by experts. Learning Old, Middle, New, and Coptic Egyptian would be like learning four languages with many different symbols that aren't in the other phases of the language.

Can't pay a professor's salary on that.

I find this very interesting as to why a subject so absolutely vital in understanding ancient Egypt, is not taught, and left to individuals scattered around the globe. That in itself is suspicious.

Like I said, not much interest. It's a difficult language. Most folks get about halfway through Collier & Manley and then say "the heck with it" and stick with learning the common phrases.

Typically the universities with Egyptology departments will offer specialty courses on different years (and this is standard with any advanced topic.) Just like there's not a lot of call for courses on Quantitative Heegaard Floer cohomology and the Calabi invariant

But a knowledge of ancient Egyptian and ancient Egypt isn't necessary for Biology, Chemistry, Business, English, Composition, Physical Therapy, Sports Medicine, Social Work, Psychology, Education, Nursing, Health, Law, Technology, Math, etc, etc. If it was, you'd see lots of courses (and dropouts) in Egyptian hieroglyphs

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Your Google-fu is weak.
Click here and tremble

Harte

Not trembling, toots.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Yes I guess your right.

Yes, there are a "group" of "lunatics" who wish to shield our eyes from ancient truths.

Look into the Ancient Hypogeum of Malta. UNESCO shut down any further research into the subject claiming they are protecting the "Art Work" from further degradation. The fact of the matter is there are still "Unexplored" tunnels that are now sealed. NASA isnt the only one that uses cover stories...

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yes I guess your right.

Yes, there are a "group" of "lunatics" who wish to shield our eyes from ancient truths.

Look into the Ancient Hypogeum of Malta. UNESCO shut down any further research into the subject claiming they are protecting the "Art Work" from further degradation. The fact of the matter is there are still "Unexplored" tunnels that are now sealed. NASA isnt the only one that uses cover stories...

Sorry but could you show us evidence they did that which doesn't come from a fringe conspiracy site?

Now WHY in your paranoid fantasy would NASA and UNESCO do these things? Assume we have no idea what you are talking about and explain it in detail.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Please, Byrd.

Harte

Whoops!

Harte

Your Google-fu is weak.
Click here and tremble

Harte

Yeah I use to use that for 'startling headlines too - fun.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Like I said, not much interest. It's a difficult language. Most folks get about halfway through Collier & Manley and then say "the heck with it" and stick with learning the common phrases.

What I'm wondering is: to what degree did even people living at that time understand the language.

If you look at ancient Rome, where we have more to go off of, you see that the version of Latin spoken by the nobility was somewhat different from what was spoken by the peasants.

How high up the noble chain would a shipping company be? In order to conduct effective commerce, the captain at least would need to know how to read and write.

But if that guy writes an inscription, is it going to be the same as what the priests in Egypt's capital are writing in the official records?

We live in an age of printing presses, and perfect standardization. In Egypt, people in the same social group, who communicate with each other on a regular basis would have achieved standardization. A merchant's son, on the other hand, might not be keeping up to date with the latest trends.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Here is a bit from Gympie, since they are going to demolish the pyramid and put a motorway through it, (Sounds a bit like The Hitchikers guide to the galaxy ) Some lost voices seem to have found a few artifacts.

edit on 28-5-2022 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Here is a bit from Gympie, since they are going to demolish the pyramid and put a motorway through it, (Sounds a bit like The Hitchikers guide to the galaxy ) Some lost voices seem to have found a few artifacts.

You mean the Gilroy and Pye imaginary 'pyramid'. Can you please link to this plan to destroy it please? As that area has some disputed native links.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join