It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

its suspected that kobe Bryant sexually assaulted a 19 year old

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Thursday, July 17, 2003

EAGLE, Colo. � Prosecutors say they will announce Friday whether Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant will be charged with sexually assaulting a 19-year-old woman at an exclusive mountain resort.

Eagle County District Attorney Mark Hurlbert will make the announcement at 5 p.m. EDT, a spokeswoman said Thursday. Hurlbert would not be available for comment until then, she said.

Bryant, 24, turned himself in to authorities July 4 on allegations he attacked the 19-year-old woman at the Lodge & Spa at Cordillera in nearby Edwards on June 30. He was released the same day on $25,000 bail.

His attorney said he is innocent. In a brief interview with the Los Angeles Times, Bryant said he "would never do something like that."

The five-time NBA All-Star had been in Colorado for knee surgery at a Vail clinic.

Bryant attended the ESPY Awards in Los Angeles on Wednesday night, but avoided the media in his first public appearance since his arrest. He sat in the audience smiling and laughing with his wife, Vanessa.

The case has drawn national attention to this mountain town about 100 miles west of Denver. Dozens of journalists have visited the middle-class cul-de-sac where the woman lives with her parents.

Details of the case have been sealed under a court order, although the woman reportedly is a spa employee. Friends have described her as a former cheerleader and 2002 graduate of Eagle Valley Senior High School

what is your opinion on this topic?

[Edited on 18-7-2003 by theshadowknows]

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You can't put the title " kobe Bryant sexually assaults a 19 year old" for the topic, because it hasn't been proven yet that he did that...

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i hope hes innocent

i am sick of seeing people that the tv zombies look up to falling off because of something terrible like drugs or sexual misconduct.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Watched the presser....I only give him credit for admitting he cheated on his wife...must be a warm couch at home....and spilling his guts to all.

It's sad to think though, a guy who seemingly has it all going for him would throw it away- youth, fame, fortune, a beautiful wife and child --for a two hour stand!

wow

[Edited on 19-7-2003 by Tyriffic]

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I don't know either way...but the media is all over this thing. Sickening and sad. They are already comparing it to OJ. It wasn't a slow news day either. The President defended himself yet again...the body of that scientist may have been found...another solider died in Iraq today...Iraqi's took to the street to protest the occupation...and we released 37 prisioners from Cuba...NK is ready to mass produce nuclear weapons. But, Kobe's trouble got top billing.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
I don't know either way...but the media is all over this thing. Sickening and sad. They are already comparing it to OJ. It wasn't a slow news day either. The President defended himself yet again...the body of that scientist may have been found...another solider died in Iraq today...Iraqi's took to the street to protest the occupation...and we released 37 prisioners from Cuba...NK is ready to mass produce nuclear weapons. But, Kobe's trouble got top billing.

O.J--
Wow. Now that is sickening! Not you Saph!!

I wonder how any responsible individual can say something as ignorant as this....?!
This kind of statement just stirs up the crap. It surely stirs my reaction.

Do you know who said this ???

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Being a native of Los Angeles, I am a huge fan of the Los Angeles Lakers and particularly of Kobe Bryant, one of thier main talents. Finding out about the adultry tonight was terrible, and while I don't expect ball players to be completely loyal (these guy have oppertunities we can only dream of), to imagine Kobe engaging in these acts when he has a young girl and a beautiful wife is tragic. I hope that he does not get banished from his endorser's ads and also that his name does not become synonymous with unfaithfulness. I wish his little girl and wife the very best during these trying times, and I hope he finds it in himself to pay them back the best he can for his actions.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Megalodon, did you think he was contrite in his apology?

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
adultery of basketball player *scratches head* hmmm world events of major importance *scratches head again*, repeats to himself *world events of major importance* walks off muttering to himself,

please read this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
Megalodon, did you think he was contrite in his apology?

I actually never got to see it, I was out on Friday night, but I read what he said on Yahoo! news and heard about it from family members. It sounds to me like he was contrite, but I do not believe even the biggest apology can make up for the irreversible damage to his marriage.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thanx for changing the title...

Anyway, I had cnn on for like 20 mins yesterday and I heard about Kobe's case about 8 or 9 times...

amazing...

(In that same 20 min time span, they had a piece on the missing professor though)

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Reminds me of Tyson. He goes into a hospital for an ear infection, three nurses and a doctor sue for assault from Tyson. No proof he did, just their word and Tysons deep pockets. I'm sorry, the b*tch is lieing

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
adultery of basketball player *scratches head* hmmm world events of major importance *scratches head again*, repeats to himself *world events of major importance* walks off muttering to himself,

please read this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am very sorry...I guess I was not thinking

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
hes got everything...hot wife, kids, $$$$$$$ out the wazzooo, fame. typical for an over rated athlete that has finally been put out to dry.

he admitted adultery and that it wasnt rape....

i think all men a women that carry one affairs outside there marriages are killing their children as well. its a shame. he HAD it all, now hes nuthin but a dribbler.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The Colorado woman who has accused Kobe Bryant of sexual assault overdosed on pills and was rushed to a hospital two months before the alleged incident with Bryant, one of her close friends told the Orange County Register.

In cases of this nature, the credibility of the accuser -- whose identity is not being revealed -- often becomes an issue. The accuser's friends have been keeping her overdose a secret -- until now, the Register reported.

"I think it was just a cry for help," 18-year-old Lindsey McKinney told the newspaper. McKinney had been living at the accuser's house in May, when the woman allegedly took the pills.

espn.go.com...

I hope this isn't a long drawn-out trial because you know this is all we'll hear on the news once the trial begins. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of monetary agreement, although if he is guilty of sexual assault he deserves to serve his time, times ten.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If he did do it then he should be punished badly,Sports people tend to get away with things it seems and i hope he doesn't...

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I don't think he did it...

In certain places you have to be careful when you become rich & famous. People will try to bring you down...

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yeah Bandit i see your point..But how do we know he didn't do it? Just because he is a famous sports star?
I hope for his sake he didn't do it....

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
One thing is for sure!!!

I am already tired of hearing about this case everytime I put on cnn or open my startpage (the usual msn.com)

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
People, it highly doubtful he did it. The b*tch just wants free money. Also, what reason did she go up to his room for? She paid someone money to let her do the room service. I don't think a woman does that so they can get a autograph people, hell, I'm a guy and think he's a hunk. Well, a hunk of money that this b*tch is trying to take. Come on, sure, sometimes a woman is raped and it isn't her fault, but she wasn't raped! The b*tch is suicidal psychotic gold digger. Should be shot.

Just my opinion.

<<   2 >>

join