It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rapid division of America (why, Its not why you think)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I am going to start this out by stating the following. No matter your political party, ideology, religion, color or even sexual preference, this issue affects you.

Back in the archaic times (the 90's) we had a collective meltdown over the Rodney King incident and the OJ Simpson trial. But as these largely happened before the advent of the internet, and at a time when both FoxNews (new at the time) and CNN were pretty benign news organizations, and actually reported news, we will not be able to really look to them as a defining moment.

Closer to home, and thanks to DTOM for reminding me, the current state of the country can be really traced back to 2014 and the Furguson MO killing of Michael Brown.

However, we were still able to talk to each other, and point out flaws in each others arguments, civilly and without the vile vitriol that exists nowadays. It's gotten so bad that anyone that disagrees with anyone else is automatically attacked and accused of being sheep or worse. (Gods I miss being called a shill).

Obama did NOT cause this
Trump did NOT cause this
Biden did NOT cause this
George W Bush did NOT cause this

Trump and Biden are symptoms of this phenomenon, one of course bit more extreme than the other, but still symptoms of a much larger issue that is and has weaseled it's way into the very fabric of our lives.

We have people running around now with cellphone cameras screaming at the Police and other elected or Governmental officials that they have the right to go wherever they want whenever they want, because reasons... they call themselves 1st Amendment Auditors, when what they really are doing is trying to get views by being rude and confrontational.

We have a very very resurrected Sovereign Citizens movement, and splinters of those like the Moorish Science Temple, that tells it's members (Predominantly African Americans) that they own the USA and everyone is just here because they say so.

We have racial tensions that haven't been seen since the heaviest days of the Civil Rights Movement, and even then, no-one would actively scream and yell at someone they were having civil discourse with, it just wasn't polite.

We have Asians (Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese etc) being harassed in stores and other businesses by other customers for being Asian, I mean I think I've heard the term "Diseased Chink" more times in the past two years than Iever had thought imaginable.

We have even here on ATS threads about Election Fraud and Biden that are aimed not at actually discussing a topic, because if they were allowances would be Mae for another side to it all, but to browbeat anyone who disagrees with their take on things, either they are establishment sheep or just not awake yet. They use sites that we here on ATS would have shunned just 10 years ago, like the Gateway Pundit, which would have been classified right up there was Before it's News, now it's acceptable, even though it's so right wing that a good Dictator would love it. We have the other side from that being just as bad, so it's not jus the right, it's the left too.

IN realitlyland we have new laws passed to protect 1% of our total population that 99% probably don't agree with but if they speak out they are labeled intolerant or "Trumpists"

I'm going to finish by saying that over the years I have had the distinct pleasure to work under every President listed. Some I agreed with more than others, and one I didn't agree with on anything save one item. I do not like our current occupant, but I know that in 2 more years, using my voice, I can help elect someone new. I can wait. I could wait until 2020, I can wait until 2024. I know that given the opportunity I can still have a civil and calm discussion with someone about things and the state of our country, I don't know about anyone else, but I still can, I remember where I came from, and know where I want to go.

We are at a crossroads, should we allow this collectively to continue, or work on ways to come back together. Or is it just too late?

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Deceiving people is not a crime in this country....that is one of the big problems. It is a civil crime, not a jailing grime...you can get sued, but not thrown into jail. Money goes into the pockets of the lawyers though from both sides.

Our society is falling apart...that happened in countries that gain a lot of power over the millennia. Governments make the citizens dependent on them so they can control them...part of that is importing food and things we need instead of producing these items in society...it is part of the consumerism approach.

Like was said in the OP...giving a very small percentage of people more rights than the majority is happening in this country. We all are supposed to have equal rights in this country, small groups should not have extra rights. We should respect others that are honest and decent no matter what color or sex or chosen sex they are.

I don't care if a person is gay, as long as they do not try to shove their ways down my throat. I feel sorry that a person has to change their sex which excessively profits the people giving the treatments and surgeries. These people should not feel they have to be macho if they are a guy or feminine to be a girl and the same goes for the rest of society. Some guys like a controlling woman to be married to, some women like guys to take charge and be macho, I don't really care. I did not marry my wife because she was beautiful and full of makeup...she was decent looking and wore hardly none...she is a nice and an honest person.

We got to stop getting in people's faces. We need to start concentrating in the good in people and those pushy people can just be ignored. The people pushing for division and that want you to take a side..just ignore them, we do not need to take a side.

I didn't think Obama was a very good president....Trump was better than he was at getting things straightened out even though he got slammed by the Democrats on everything. Biden.....he sucks....he is a career politician who is not honest and has a head on him bigger than Trumps by ten fold and it is mostly empty because he has dementia....which means he should not be president...a president is supposed to be a good speaker....he cannot keep his mind together. He should have just stayed retired and not listened to the idiots who made his life into a nightmare. There is nothing to be ashamed of if your mind goes with age.....but being president of the USA should not have even have been considered. The best liar did win the presidency the last election....things are back to normal.

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Or is it just too late?

I wish I could say no, but I can't. The division has taken on a life of its own and appears to be sweeping the world.
If our political leaders could be more moderate; stop the infighting and actually try a little harder to find a middle ground, it might help- but as long as everyone from the top down insists on their way or no way, my hope wanes. 'Leading by example' isn't setting very good precedence, right now.

Things always balance out, but I'm not convinced we're heading in that direction yet. I really dread the midterms; no matter who comes out on top I doubt it's going to bring any unity.

Maybe thoughts like that make me the problem.

edit on 60000001010America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: eta

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Or is it just too late?

I wish I could say no, but I can't. The division has taken on a life of its own and appears to be sweeping the world.
If our political leaders could be more moderate; stop the infighting and actually try a little harder to find a middle ground, it might help- but as long as everyone from the top down insists on their way or no way, my hope wanes.

Things always balance out, but I'm not convinced we're heading in that direction yet. I really dread the midterms; no matter who comes out on top I doubt it's going to bring any unity.

Maybe thoughts like that make me the problem.

Nope, not the problem, but one person who has brain cells enough to realize there is one. Sometimes thats all it takes is a bunch of people to realize it and then, watch the change.

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Hey Ricky, LTNS.

Agree on everything but about Trump, while outwardly it may have looked like he was doing things right, the damage he did to our law enforcement and intelligence communities will be years in the fixing. Certain divisions were outright barred from doing their jobs because it may conflict with him.. Not a good way to run a country for all.

I agree that Obama was not a great President, but he scores better than Carter on my list.

I fear Biden resigning, I had to live in California when Harris was the AG. I swear, she shouldn't be let anywhere NEAR a high public office, much less be the person in charge. I can wait 2 years to get rid of Joe, but Harris scares me worse than even Hillary and I can't stand her.

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: vkey08

The primary problem is you have half the country that wants to be left alone to live our lives in freedom and peace. The other half of the country has decided that to be Progressive, they must enforce their ideology on the rest of us to the point where you can't opt out or speak out against their insanity.

You must agree with them, publicly state you agree with them or you will be punished.

Now, unless that changes, how do you think we are going to come together?

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

The primary problem is you have half the country that wants to be left alone to live our lives in freedom and peace. The other half of the country has decided that to be Progressive, they must enforce their ideology on the rest of us to the point where you can't opt out or speak out against their insanity.

You must agree with them, publicly state you agree with them or you will be punished.

Now, unless that changes, how do you think we are going to come together?

It's actually not that simple, to say 1/2 and 1/2.

Aside from the die-hard SovCits I rarely run into anyone that wants total "peace and freedom". They all acknowledge the for a nation to run, that laws need to be passed and enforced. Where they disagree with the "Progressive movement" is that they feel laws should benefit all, not just a small subset of the population.

We came together after Challenger, we came together after 9/11 (well most of us did) we can again, it would take work, no doubt..

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I was thinking as I wrote this about Germany.

Not the WW2 Germany that everyone likes to talk about and how they think we're headed there, but the Germany of now, a nation so ashamed of itself that it's afraid to upset any group or person, they pass laws that affect everyone and it's led to deep resentment.

I think that's where we are heading now, the only real outcome I can see is a divided nation..

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: vkey08
a reply to: rickymouse

Hey Ricky, LTNS.

Agree on everything but about Trump, while outwardly it may have looked like he was doing things right, the damage he did to our law enforcement and intelligence communities will be years in the fixing. Certain divisions were outright barred from doing their jobs because it may conflict with him.. Not a good way to run a country for all.

I agree that Obama was not a great President, but he scores better than Carter on my list.

I fear Biden resigning, I had to live in California when Harris was the AG. I swear, she shouldn't be let anywhere NEAR a high public office, much less be the person in charge. I can wait 2 years to get rid of Joe, but Harris scares me worse than even Hillary and I can't stand her.

If Trump wasn't forced on the offensive so much, he might have done a better job. Trump is overly boastful and I wouldn't want to invite him to deer camp...he would probably make the camp into a luxury hotel and nobody would want to go there. He was a Republican and was trying to push the republican agenda...which nowadays is probably a lot more sane than what the Democrats are pushing. Too much change to fast is not good for any society....I like gradual shift that is well thought out....I used to be a liberal but not anymore after seeing all the change without proper evaluation they are shoving on society. Many of my friends that were pretty liberal have done the same thing. I am not a strong conservative, but I am being forced to align with the conservatives more and more these days because of poor judgement of the left.

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Yeah, I don' see that happening while we have a political party trying to pass bills to promote voting fraud so that they can never be voted out of office and creating the DHS Ministry Of Truth.

Let me guess, I am spreading disinformation?

notthebee.com...

Force states to use universal mail-in ballots and a slew of things like online voter registration/early voting.

Allow anyone with a record in a state or federal database - especially anyone with an ID or government records of any kind - to be automatically registered to vote without checking citizenship status.

Force states to count ballots that arrive up to 10 DAYS AFTER THE ELECTION.

Force states to allow mass drop-offs of ballots, a tactic used in "harvesting" operations where people collect ballots - either by paying people or stealing from them - and filling them out in bulk.

Ban voter ID.

Bar state and local election officials from maintaining voter rolls and eligibility.

Redraw congressional districts according to the whims of unelected bureaucrats who would work at the behest of the Dems.

Allow illegal immigrants to count in congressional counts and have representation in D.C.

Allow criminals to vote the second they step out of prison.

Put red tape in place to make it harder for grassroots organizations to fundraise and get their platform out.

Allow private political donations to be made public. Hint: those who give wrongly will get cancelled.

edit on 30-4-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Yeah, I don' see that happening while we have a political party trying to pass bills to promote voting fraud so that they can never be voted out of office and creating the DHS Ministry Of Truth.

When you call an official Government office "The Ministry of Truth" when that is not it's actual name, and doing it to be disparaging, yes. If it was a descriptor being used to show what you think it will become, no.

fyi: its actually and accurately called the "Disinformaion Board"

Would be the same as calling the US Space Force, "Crash and Burn"

As far as S1 and HR1, there's a lot of things in it a lot of states already do including some predominantly R states. I read the bill in it's entirety and only the auto-registration and felons voting parts stick out as "new ideas"
edit on 3042022 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Perhaps once redcoats stop violating first amendment rights, stop power tripping, the LAWSUIT WINS by auditors may slow down.

Lawsuit WINS, fired and demoted tyrants, ruining the lives of those that ruin others lives..

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Temporary adversity is easily forgotten.

9/11 went away by the Iraq invasion.

Bush went from having a Satire sitcom show about him on Comedy Central to Walker, Texas Ranger overnight.

And then it went from a national coming together with Bush as the leader to wanting him sent to the Hague for killing firefighters with the flip of a Zeitgeist.

That "coming together" impulse is what i call the "inate ethical compass". The tendency to jump into a freezing river to help a crash victim and stranger struggling to stay alive regardless of anything.

It takes naturally occurring shock and awe to happen.

Challenger for a few weeks, then people blamed Reagan.

According to many there was pressure put on NASA by the white house to get the teacher into orbit so it could be highlighted in his State of the Union Address later that day. Part of a larger effort against The Societ Union. 1st civilian in orbit. That's allegedly why all the engineers were shot down or persuaded to authorize the launch. More blame?

I look at it like this. Would culture and society ever morphed from Mesopotamia if there wasn't an epic perpetual competition of ideas along the way?

Its progressive in the way one idea follows another. Malcontent is like natural selection in an artificial habitat. Keeps society moving. One of ideas that are used in place of direct empathetic connections to keep order. (Dunbar's Number)
edit on 1-5-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 02:19 AM
link   

When you call an official Government office "The Ministry of Truth" when that is not it's actual name, and doing it to be disparaging, yes. If it was a descriptor being used to show what you think it will become, no.

As far as S1 and HR1, there's a lot of things in it a lot of states already do including some predominantly R states. I read the bill in it's entirety and only the auto-registration and felons voting parts stick out as "new ideas"

Well when the disinformation board is headed by someone whos pushes flat out lies doesn't it make more sense to call it what it is?

The ministry of truth.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Back in the archaic times (the 90's) we had a collective meltdown over the Rodney King incident and the OJ Simpson trial. But as these largely happened before the advent of the internet, and at a time when both FoxNews (new at the time) and CNN were pretty benign news organizations, and actually reported news, we will not be able to really look to them as a defining moment.

CNN and the others back then where already doing what they do now with the Rodney King case. They showed a specific part of the recording showing cops beating him down. What they did not show was that Rodney King attacked them while being high on PCP.

Now some may not know what that means but a person high on PCP is hardly stoppable and very dangerous. they feel nothing anymore and they fear nothing and are capable of anything when high on PCP. But that is not how it was sold on corporate media even back then already.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Agree on everything but about Trump, while outwardly it may have looked like he was doing things right, the damage he did to our law enforcement and intelligence communities will be years in the fixing.

Taking into account how they ganged up on him from the get go, I think you're being a tad disingenuous since by your own admission you were closer than most to the governing elite. Of course, I speak from a place of limited information being merely an observer going on what the public knew and my own intuition so there's that.

Gods I miss being called a shill

More like a yes-man. It must be thrilling to ply your trade at such a high level in the most powerful country in the world. I can respect that.

In my opinion you lay a lot of blame on the common people, an observation I don't agree with.

These past few years it seems nothing that happened was an organic movement.

Elites poisoned the wells, people merely chose from which one they drank.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 03:37 AM
link   

here's a name for this thread: "Smoke & Mirrors".

you talk about divisions running deep and lack of civil discourse, then act like your vote matters. that's naive at best, likely delusional, or at worst - active disinfo.

wether it's left or right, black or white, gay or straight, the line of division doesn't matter, as long as it gets the job done. both sides of the coin are laughing at this society while it's running in circles, screaming at each other, being oblivious to what's really going on.

people should unite, then get rid of those running their governments, not just in the USA but everywhere.

your vote can't change a damn thing. both sides are the same, they just appear different to rile people up.

divide and conquer.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   

We are at a crossroads, should we allow this collectively to continue, or work on ways to come back together. Or is it just too late?

And also:

but I know that in 2 more years, using my voice, I can help elect someone new. I can wait.

You've got a southern border being overrun. You've got a dominating narrative telling everyone that the past was bad and everything about Americana was a white supremacist sham. You've got very powerful elites saying if the Republicans win in the next election your democracy will be dead.

Economically, ideologically and spiritually your country is circling the drain.

So which one is it? Your vote making a difference or that little voice asking if it's too late?

Your leaders have sold out to a larger narrative, there is nothing exceptional about America anymore apart from the normal people carrying on bravely in the face of this travesty that it would seem from your OP you choose to lay the blame at their feet.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Ok, I read/re-skimned this OP 4 times now.

What's this reason the thread title hinted at you knowing, but your OP actually...not telling that punchline.

In other words, who's the damn boogieman supposed to be?

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I am going to start this out by stating the following. No matter your political party, ideology, religion, color or even sexual preference, this issue affects you.

But many people have enlightened themselves to clearly see which "political party" has been responsible for 90% of the chaos and the MSM that "covers" it 😎

Hard to explain reasons for the imbalance and obvious red herrings 🔥

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join