It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The snakes have returned!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   
And with them, a sure sign that spring has reached my quiet little corner of PA.

Saw a massive Northern Water snake basking on the rocks out by the pond. Didn't get too close, but had to just take a minute and drink in the beauty of nature

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Cold now.. yesterday and the day before... ahhhhhhhh😎😎😎😎🌞🌞🌞

Mice are increasing in numbers early. Need them snakes.

Also don't travel Conneaut Outlet..
south (Sahth) of Meadville.
They got them aggressive wiggle sticks with rattles, they will attack your boat!

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   

They’re still out over here, was driving out in the bush scoping some firewood to cut with the kids about two weeks ago, slowed down to cross through a little stream and a beautiful red belly black crossed the road on the other side.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yep found some baby copperheads in our backyard, makes me wonder where mama is?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

She won’t be far, keep your eyes peeled!

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I fricken wish the snakes were out.

Instead that perverted creep, Old Man Winter keeps showing up here, flashing us his man boobs.
Frickn 3 ft of snow still at my work.
1.5 ft in my front yard here at home.

Fricken snowing right now.

Absolutely depressing here lol

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The deer have returned now, have three coming around for breakfast, lunch, and supper. I told them there is going to be a food shortage shortly so now they want bigger portions. Darn, I have to go pick up thirty pounds of potatoes tomorrow, plus maybe two five pounds of carrots....they also like apples for desert and fresh baked organic bread with real butter.

Maybe I can save some time and just make apple turnovers for those does. All three are pregnant as hell and eating for two or three.

The martens are taking care of the mice this year, and a few chippies...don't have to feed them at all, although they do like those seuet cakes from Menards.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Yeah Tim! Thats right, what the heck happened to our mid 80s

Even managed to get the siding all power washed, just in time for cold and rain

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Consider me jealous!

What a beautiful pattern and color scheme

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Good find! I would bet she is near 😁

Coppers are a really beautiful species. I always give them plenty of room, but seeing them in their natural environment is a real privilege for me

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I fricken wish the snakes were out.

Instead that perverted creep, Old Man Winter keeps showing up here, flashing us his man boobs.
Frickn 3 ft of snow still at my work.
1.5 ft in my front yard here at home.

Fricken snowing right now.

Absolutely depressing here lol

Hah You are sounding like me now

I am always getting sideways looks from the Mrs with some of the remarks I make

Dont worry! It isnt too far out! Another couple weeks and Ill be saying its too hot here

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The deer have returned now, have three coming around for breakfast, lunch, and supper. I told them there is going to be a food shortage shortly so now they want bigger portions. Darn, I have to go pick up thirty pounds of potatoes tomorrow, plus maybe two five pounds of carrots....they also like apples for desert and fresh baked organic bread with real butter.

Maybe I can save some time and just make apple turnovers for those does. All three are pregnant as hell and eating for two or three.

The martens are taking care of the mice this year, and a few chippies...don't have to feed them at all, although they do like those seuet cakes from Menards.

Sounds like a great spring ritual
There is nothing like watching a whole mess of deer move through your back yard. We have GEESE of all things around here that are so used to humans they don't even bother to hiss at you. If you walk too close they may be bothered enough to walk a few feet away, but other than that, we don't exist Ha Ha

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

originally posted by: rickymouse

Sounds like a great spring ritual
There is nothing like watching a whole mess of deer move through your back yard. We have GEESE of all things around here that are so used to humans they don't even bother to hiss at you. If you walk too close they may be bothered enough to walk a few feet away, but other than that, we don't exist Ha Ha

We like watching the fawns run around in our back yard. The does bring them in when they are about three weeks old. and they stay most of the summer. Last September our regular doe was pregnant and already had one fawn in the spring. One day she and the fawn quit coming around....a week later the fawn came in by itself and we fed it till fall till it started hanging around with another fawn and it's mother. The doe was pretty big and I think it did not do well in Childbirth, we went looking after a few days...but it didn't die on our property, it usually stayed on the hill on our property with it's fawn, but must have went down in the area near the bog in the back of our property to have the kid and died...or it could have got hit by a car and got picked up for meat or stumbled in the woods or something. I wonder if the smaller deer coming in is the kid of that doe...it bobs it's head up and down like the fawn and it's mother did when it wants us to through out food at the door. We can't throw food out when deer are not there, it attracts the bears to the yard.
edit on 26-4-2022 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Consider me jealous!

What a beautiful pattern and color scheme

They really are although that’s not a typical looking one, they’re usually black with that red belly and are pretty friendly creatures, you’d have to corner one or step on it to get bitten and unlike the other snakes around here will only make you extremely sick instead of killing you quickly.

If you want to see some other beautiful snakes of our area look up Tiger Snakes- exactly how they sound, have tiger like stripes on them and they can be all sorts of variations from black body with yellow stripes, dark green/light green. Best one I ever seen was a light brown body with damn near neon green stripes swimming across the river while we were fishing.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I haven't gone the last 2 days, but I went mushroom hunting for a couple hours each of the 5 days before that. I saw 1 turkey, 1 black snake, 2 turtles, 4 deer, and at least 10 ticks.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   

This is ominous, despite the cold weather here, I've been having bad dreams about finding a snake in the house..

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I've always kind of liked snakes, but they can be dangerous.

My dad almost got bit by a copperhead last year. And I think the year before that, a friend of his really did get bit by a copperhead. (Va)

Have seen baby snakes in past days being devoured on the road by de birds.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

They’re still out over here, was driving out in the bush scoping some firewood to cut with the kids about two weeks ago, slowed down to cross through a little stream and a beautiful red belly black crossed the road on the other side.

Did you find the yeti with it?

new topics

top topics

join