It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somebody Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Contact the server host and tell them to stop dicking with VPN traffic.

2d Line

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

What are you experiencing on your connection?

Cheers

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Constant disconnects

Partial page loads

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   

PM for you.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I don't mind if ATS decides to block the common VPN IPs because it will help them get a handle on the spammers. I regularly use a VPN, but rather to rob my ISP of my data and not to hide from ATS.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It's not everyone,ATS works much better with my vpn on and set to Russia.
I use Seeds4.me vpn.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I don't mind if ATS decides to block the common VPN IPs because it will help them get a handle on the spammers. I regularly use a VPN, but rather to rob my ISP of my data and not to hide from ATS.

I honestly hope blacklisting VPN IP addresses is what's being done to combat the spammers.

That's akin to throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Other alternatives for blocking malicious actors directing DDoS or automated attacks on the site exist, and have been suggested.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There are days when pages won't load, nor will pictures, nor can you select a star or flag most times and ya wanna know how I get it to work?

I toggle my VPN on and off and miraculously the pages start to load immediately.

Here's a typical scenario for me.....like a very frequent scenario mind you:

(VPN OFF) I'm happily cruising around ATS and out of the blue, the next page I select to open isn't doing anything. Then I get a dropped connection message from ATS.

Meanwhile, I'm already opening up my VPN and turning it on..

(VPN ON) I return to the ATS page that tells me to check my connection or server and I press the try again button. Low and beyond the page loads with lightning speed and my journey continues!

For a while anyway...

Then I'm trying to give someone a star or flag and it simply WILL NOT select either one.
So, (VPN OFF) and now I can select the star or flag, but not all the time. Sometimes it's just not going to work at all and I drift off to another site while I wait for ATS to "reset".

Been this way for YEARS.

This process with the VPN is a mystery to me.
edit on 4/26/2022 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376
It's not everyone,ATS works much better with my vpn on and set to Russia.
I use Seeds4.me vpn.

Why do you set it to Russia?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
There are days when pages won't load, nor will pictures, nor can you select a star or flag most times and ya wanna know how I get it to work?

I toggle my VPN on and off and miraculously the pages start to load immediately.

Here's a typical scenario for me.....like a very frequent scenario mind you:

(VPN OFF) I'm happily cruising around ATS and out of the blue, the next page I select to open isn't doing anything. Then I get a dropped connection message from ATS.

Meanwhile, I'm already opening up my VPN and turning it on..

(VPN ON) I return to the ATS page that tells me to check my connection or server and I press the try again button. Low and beyond the page loads with lightning speed and my journey continues!

For a while anyway...

Then I'm trying to give someone a star or flag and it simply WILL NOT select either one.
So, (VPN OFF) and now I can select the star or flag, but not all the time. Sometimes it's just not going to work at all and I drift off to another site while I wait for ATS to "reset".

Been this way for YEARS.

This process with the VPN is a mystery to me.

Perfect description of my pain.

new topics

top topics

join