It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R.I.P. Archie 2004-2022

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I buried my furry four-legged feline friend today. It wasn't a surprise. Last night, I was considering taking him to the vet today to get put down anyways, so he saved me from having to go through that. I know it wouldn't have been easy for me to get the words out to tell them what I knew needed to be done. There's been several times over the past couple years that I thought he was gonna be gone very soon, but he kept pulling out of it and perking back up again, but I've known for the last month or so that he wasn't gonna pull out of it this time.

The only thing that's been keeping him eating is the appetite pill I've been giving him. The other times I gave him that pill every other day for about a week, and then he would be back to eating on his own again, but this time I knew it was going to continue every other day until he was gone. I don't know if that was the right thing to do or not. Maybe I should have just let him go a couple months ago. I don't think he had been in pain, but he hadn't been happy for awhile either. He started losing his coordination a couple weeks ago. Sometimes, his 4 legs would not all be working together, and he would stumble a little bit. Also, he would sometimes just stop and stand there like he completely forgot what he was doing.

Regardless, knowing that his end was coming didn't make it any easier. I loved/love that little punk.

Can't post a pic. I've posted pics of him on here before, but I have no idea when or what the thread was.

eta: OK I think I can use imgur to post pics here...

These aren't recent at all. They're from quite a few years ago. He hadn't been that big for awhile. Actually, for the last couple years, he's been much too thin.

edit on 4/25/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Hope he's enjoying a long walkies in the great park in the sky.

Best regards.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Sorry to hear that, please accept my condolences.
We lost 2 of our baby dogs in the last 3 years, brother and sister Zeus and Zsa Zsa.
And we lost a rescue cat just 2 weeks ago.
It’s never easy saying goodbye, we are still sick over it.

edit on 25-4-2022 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear of Archie's passing. When I was a kid, our neighbors had two cats named Archie and George!
I think one of the little neighbor girls named Archie after a popular comic book kid.

If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.
-James Herriot

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I don't know what it is about dogs, but there is just a certain heartstring that they own.
We are so lucky to have them, and totally don't deserve them.
I hope your little guy went over the rainbow bridge without too much pain.❤

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
sorry about your pal, makes you feel hollow inside when they go. but worth it for the time you have them.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Sad. It is hard to lose someone that loved you unconditionally. He will always be with you, in spirit.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I'm sorry for your loss of your beloved Archie.

I once had a dog named Archie.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
sorry about the loss of your cat. it was certainly his time and he had a long life!

We got our first cat as a married couple a few months ago and 7 month year old Vladislav is very rambunctious. He got the name after Vlad Tepes lol since he bites

RIP Archie

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Even with cats usually living longer than dogs, it doesn't make it any easier.
We've lost so many of both, and it is always so hard.

Give yourself a few days to grieve, then start focusing on the fact that you were able to give him a good life, and the fact that he was a good companion.

And may you someday, when your ready, be blessed enough to find another, just as good.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I don't know what it is about dogs, but there is just a certain heartstring that they own.

Actually, he was a cat. I just edited the OP and posted some old pics of him.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think looking through my old pics of him just makes it worse, but it should make it easier because he was happy back then....

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I only let them get this close to each other a few times, and I was very cautious the first time, but Archie and Breña(corn snake) surprisingly got along with each other. Archie would just gently touch her and sniff her.

edit on 4/25/22 by BrokenCircles because: ñ

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Even with cats usually living longer than dogs, it doesn't make it any easier.
We've lost so many of both, and it is always so hard.

This is kinda my first. We had a couple dogs when I was a kid, but the 1st one was already kinda old when I was born, and I can't even remember when she died. I loved the 2nd one we got when I was around 10, but she was already an adult when we got her, and then I had been moved out of my parent's house a couple years when she had to be put to sleep, so that wasn't the same as this time. Archie was 6-8 weeks when I got him, and he's been with me practically every day since.

I used to always think I was a 'dog person', but I'm not so sure anymore. Aside from the snake and many fish, Archie is the only pet I've had as an adult.

eta: And to be completely honest, I didn't exactly want him at the time. I got him for my girlfriend at the time, but when we split a few years later. I told her he was staying with me.
edit on 4/25/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What a beautiful cat! I hope the overwhelming pain leaves soon and all the wonderful memories rise to the surface and comfort you.
RIP Archie.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I'm so sorry to hear of Archie's passing. Looking at photos may be painful for the moment, but I'm sure you'll be glad to have them going forward.

I wish I had more pictures of our Lucky before he passed on.

Take care.

edit on 25/4/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I wish I had more pics of my cats.

One was a very quiet, chilled out gentleman. Very quiet and well behaved. When we let them out he would sit on the front window ledge watching the world go by.

The other we took in as a stray and she was nosy and adventurous and couldn't wait to get out and about and had to be involved in everything.

I had to leave them with the ex when we split but I will, one day, get another.

Archie looks very cool.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear you lost your little man. We've lost plenty of kitties over the years, and they all hurt. None are the same; all are different, and they all leave a gaping hole when they go. The new guy never fills it exactly because he/she just isn't the same. Instead, they create their own cuddle spot in your heart. Over time, we learn how big our hearts really are that way.

But it still never stops hurting when one goes away, not the first time, not the tenth.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
So sorry for your lost.

I still grieve for my 4-legged friend who passed on 2009.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Actually, he was a cat. I just edited the OP and posted some old pics of him.

Been there too, lost a lot of great cats over the years. Take it easy and take your time to grieve.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join