It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Abrahamic religions henotheistic?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Who wrote Genesis?

Apparently Moses, the guy who didn't even make it into heaven when he died.

Enoch and Elijah walked into the kingdom of paradise with God, but not Moses... According to dogma, because Christ hadn't died yet, no one went to heaven and no one went to hell until then. They instead went to a "spiritual warehouse" where one side was for the damned and the other for the saved (Sheol).

Granted, today we believe the Abrahamic religions to be "monotheistic" because we worship ONE God at present... But at the time of the foundation of the Abrahamic religion with Moses, the followers firmly believed in more than one God, even more, Moses and his brother Aaron were formerly priests of Canaanite Gods (God Sin). Furthermore, those ancient rites and dogmas continue to this day. Why are Hebrew holidays started at night, and end at sun rise? God Sin was the ancient God of the moon.

What does the star of David have to do with Judaism OR David? Originally, the star was associated with Solomon, not David...Nor was the Star of "David" even used until the 17th century to correlate with "Judaism". But what is the Star of David? A 6 pointed star that forms a hexagon, a 2 dimensional hexagon turns into a 3 dimensional cube. Have you ever heard of a Tefillin? Have you ever seen the Kaaba?

It was Moses that proclaimed "THIS" God was "OUR" God, WHICH WERE AMONG OTHERS. So although we see it as monotheistic TODAY, the Abrahamic religions were undoubtfully created in henotheistic fashion where-by choosing "this" God from their "former Gods".

Genesis 1:26
Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[1] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Was he speaking to the angels? Angels are not in our image or likeness. Since then he is the image of the Creator, how can he possibly have another head but Him whose image I am?

Genesis 3:22
And the Lord God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

Angels do not have the luxury of knowing between good and evil. They are created as servants of God, they do God's bidding when God calls on them to do so. Which brings to light a fallacy of biblical dogma where-as the fallen angels rebelled against God when they didn't have the capacity to do so. "Like one of us", is he saying the angels helped in all creation and is equal with God? I think not.

Furthermore, he says "And take also", implying He and whoever He is talking too, ate from the tree (also). Did the angels eat from the tree (also)? I was under the impression they were not allowed to and served to protect the tree within the garden...Did the angels commit sin?

Genesis 11:7
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

"For us"? Don't we all serve ONE creator?

In the Hebrew Tanakh translation, in both these verses, Elohim is used in place of God.

Genesis 1:26
"Then the GodS said"

Genesis 3:22
"And the GodS said"

How are adjectives used in Hebrew?
In Bibical Hebrew, adjectives match the noun they describe in gender (masculine or feminine) and number (singular or plural). However, there are some exceptions to this rule. If a noun is dual, its accompanying adjective will be plural.

And I wanted to get that out of the way for context of the use of the word Elohim. Now we go to Genesis 1:1

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

However in the original Hebrew Tanakh version, again Elohim is used instead of El.

"In the beginning THE GodS"

In the context that "MOSES" wrote Genesis, and considering Moses believed in more than one God before he devouted himself to ONE God, the context in which he uses the word Elohim, does not translate incorrectly, he means GodS, not God.

The math adds up...Bring the pitch forks and torches now.
edit on J30422 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

edit on J31422 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I think translation issues, the use of the "royal 'We'," wherein one uses the plural pronouns when referring to their singular self, and the fact that many bible stories come from earlier sources can explain many of your points?

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot
I think translation issues, the use of the "royal 'We'," wherein one uses the plural pronouns when referring to their singular self, and the fact that many bible stories come from earlier sources can explain many of your points?

How are adjectives used in Hebrew? In Bibical Hebrew, adjectives match the noun they describe in gender (masculine or feminine) and number (singular or plural). However, there are some exceptions to this rule. If a noun is dual, its accompanying adjective will be plural.

In either context, are you saying that "We" is in relation to his creation? That wouldn't make sense, he's appealing to "humans" to not allow "humans" to eat from the tree? In the context you assume the definition of "We", you mention a king talking with his subjects.

Regardless, the latin and hebrew languages are not in any way similar and I think you're making an assumption on the linguistics of words, or maybe I am.
edit on J04422 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JimmyNeutr0n

is there a theory that there were two bloodines, one from Elohim? and one from Adam?

the serpent seed is Elohim? i think i heard that on here...

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TempleTenSA

is there a theory that there were two bloodines, one from Elohim? and one from Adam?

the serpent seed is Elohim? i think i heard that on here...

I know the theory of two bloodlines related to Caine and Seth. Caine, kings. That the seed of the serpent took control of this world through the bloodline of Caine (the Kings of the Earth), which is basically a religious crisis for "God". Will he bless the Serpent through his covenant with Abraham and thus man or will he turn his back on his covenant with man because they have the serpents seed of SIN? Will the Devil be blessed.....????

2 Corinthians 4:4
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Firstly, to reiterate the point you made. Secondly, to reiterate the point that there are more than "one" Gods, where-by we simply adhere to one.

This verse in 2 Cor talks about the inheritance of "this age" by a "lesser" god, hence the lower-case spelling in the bible verse (The god).

Upper case or lower case, a "God" is a "god" and thus has the power to create and destroy.

That is quite the acknowledgement...
edit on J14422 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 06:32 AM
link   

The royal "We," is, "I," to us non-royals. So, in whichever culture uses this - either the original text or, let's say, English - when the King of Man(the ultimate royal...) means, "my image," it's said, "our image," when using the "royal we."

This "royal we" idea applies to any part of language, so if adjectives come in plural and singular flavors, it would apply to adjectives, too.

Anyway, your second paragraph is kind of making my point of translation issues; dissimilar language translation would mean more errors. So just going from Hebrew to Latin or Greek would have [potentially] a lot of errors. Going one or two steps more in the translation process (like Sumerian to Hebrew to Latin to English) would just add more [potential] error.

And my point of the stories possibly coming from earlier sources both adds to the translation error (see above) issue and the fact that those earlier sources did have more than one god and, as such, would have their godS described in the plural.

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Will the Devil be blessed.....????

According to The Book of Job, he is one of the Sons of God. I guess the question is "Will the Father forgive?. Can Satan become 'The Prodigal Son'?"

edit on 22-4-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Will the Devil be blessed.....????

According to The Book of Job, he is one of the Sons of God. I guess the question is "Will the Father forgive?. Can Satan become 'The Prodigal Son'?"

Can he?

And if so, then why follow God and not Satan?

ETA: In Job, I assume you mean Samael, the accuser, whom is a servant of God, thus he had to ASK for permission for what he did to Job.

The question isn't "can God forgive", rather will he keep his covenant and BLESS the serpent? Blessing and forgiveness is different, the latter irrelevant. Its a dilemma the serpent seems to have put God in... God gives the serpent protection and FAVOR (which is the definition of blessing) through his seed...

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot
Anyway, your second paragraph is kind of making my point of translation issues; dissimilar language translation would mean more errors. So just going from Hebrew to Latin or Greek would have [potentially] a lot of errors. Going one or two steps more in the translation process (like Sumerian to Hebrew to Latin to English) would just add more [potential] error.

Damn Jews couldn't even include vowels in their darn alphabet. Whatsup with that...

Aleph Tav, first and last letter of 22 character Hebrew language, translates to I AM.

I did a short description of the Hebrew language within my Kabbalah thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Furthermore there are 22 different paths, correlating with the 22 Hebrew letters. Now what's so important about Jewish letters? Well, I am not Jewish and this is only from what I've learned. Hebrew is not a national language, it is a sacred religious language. Meaning...It's letters weren't created for "cool" design or "smooth" flow, they were designed as sacred religious symbols to God. It remained as such until 1881 when Eliezer Ben Yehuda made Hebrew a more common language to speak nationally instead of only during religious cerimony and ritual. It is said that the Hebrew language was created by God himself (through Binah), and as a matter of fact, they say you can find God's name in every Hebrew letter. In Hebrew, there are no lower case letters, all letters are capitalized. Furthermore, you read Hebrew right to left and there are no vowels, only consonants. The first Hebrew letter is Aleph and the last is Tav. Aleph Tav, I AM. There are many instances of Hebrew being a sacred language, rather than a national one for me to get into here, considering I am not very informed with Jewish teachings and especially Hebrew, so I would rather leave that conversation to someone else here to add onto. As the Greeks would say, I AM the Alpha (first letter) and Omega (last letter). Greek being another esoteric language that was created for its value rather than its simplicity.

edit on J00422 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   

In Job, I assume you mean Samael, the accuser, whom is a servant of God, thus he had to ASK for permission for what he did to Job.

I mean "Satan", the charactor mentioned in the King James version of the Bible. Unless Satan was someone's "plus one", he was one of the Sons of God. Aren't all sons of God servants?

Job 1:6
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

And yes, he same Satan that stands as the accuser for Joshua.

Zacharia 3:3
And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

And if so, then why follow God and not Satan?

Well, Adam and Eve did. They made their choice and were exiled from God's realm to live in Satan's realm, all of the earth. Now, we all live in Satan's world.

ETA: So is Satan, the ruler of the Earth, a God or one of the sons of God? Is Jehovah, enemy of Baal, one of the sons of God, or a God? What about Baal? Son of God, a worthy rival of Jehovah, or are we talking about two Gods?

edit on 22-4-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   

"Was he speaking to the angels? Angels are not in our image or likeness. Since then he is the image of the Creator, how can he possibly have another head but Him whose image I am?"

If you ponder it all spiritually, then our souls/spirit/essence may indeed look angelic and god-like.

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

If I may, I would like to try and help with the understanding of some of the verses you quoted.

Was he speaking to the angels? Angels are not in our image or likeness. Since then he is the image of the Creator, how can he possibly have another head but Him whose image I am?

He is talking about Himself. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
I think of it like this:
We are all made up of our Mind, our Body and our Soul (some people say spirit or even heart).
The Mind controls all and is logical rather than emotional (God the Father).
The Body reacts to the Mind and carries out the actions/thoughts (God the Son).
The Soul/Spirit is the imagination, the feelings, experiences that make up our personality (God the Holy Spirit).

It is hard to understand because we are looking at it from the human perspective. We can see how these three are separate but it's hard to actually separate the three.

furthermore, he says "And take also", implying He and whoever He is talking too, ate from the tree (also). Did the angels eat from the tree (also)? I was under the impression they were not allowed to and served to protect the tree within the garden...Did the angels commit sin?

He is not saying anyone else ate from the tree.
He is saying that they (Adam & Eve) need to be removed before they eat from the Tree of Life as well. They had already eaten from the Tree of Knowledge.

"For us"? Don't we all serve ONE creator?

Yes, the Trinity that make up one God.

"In the beginning THE GodS"

In the context that "MOSES" wrote Genesis, and considering Moses believed in more than one God before he devouted himself to ONE God, the context in which he uses the word Elohim, does not translate incorrectly, he means GodS, not God.

Again, it is Three that make up the One. Read just a little further, on to verse 2.
Here, maybe this will help:

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
The Spirit.
and

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The Body.

The Third part, God the Father [Mind], is there but use the Body and Spirit to interact with us on a spiritual level.

This is truly an oversimplification and I have probably done a terrible job of explaining. This is how I see it. I have read the Bible numerous times and still read it daily.
I have questions as well.
I have been told that I should not question but I believe that is the only way to grow in faith.
Prayer, questioning, and reading the Word for the answers. So far, I have not been disappointed.

Hope this helped rather than adding to your dilemma.

Quad

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
John 1:1
In the beginning was " the Word", and The Word was with God, and The Word was God.

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 8:58
"Truly, truly, I tell you," Jesus declared, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

Colossians 1:15 and 16
15The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.…

Angels were not around yet.

Then... Rebellion shows choice, and knowing right from wrong

Revelation 12:7–10

7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Anything else?

There is only one God. He requires a relationship, not religion. Religion will put you under the law, which ends in death.
A relationship with the Father, through the Son puts you under grace, and The Comforter is sent to guide, protect, and comfort all those under grace. All three are part of the one Living God, YHWH.

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Butthurt denial and shame incoming...

Admitted mistranslations and continued plagiarized stories from older times.

Easy to see contradictory verses and even the main writers have different versions.

How many backwoods christians lived and died spouting FAIRY TALES.. never even heard of Mithras..

Way to go... Religious!..

Isn't it weird that the least developed and educated, the highest the rate religion...

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LastFirst

Our systemic development and education excludes a higher plane of spirituality, empathy, etc. You get it.

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   

So what about those that are not blinded and know the truth about Christ, those that have found their way out the wilderness, and have the eyes to see...

if god has blinded the sheep, which other god has allowed others to see, because i can see through the veil

or has god just veiled certain sheep

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Moshe or Moses in the westernised version of his name most certainly DID get to heaven, he was NOT allowed to enter the promised land however and had to die outside of it.
www.soh.church...
www.compellingtruth.org...

So Moses soul is most certainly not property of the devil, Michael himself intervened to prevent him from taking it.

And in the Transfiguration of Jesus both Moses and Elias were seen by the witnessing apostles walking with the Lord.
www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...

When Ron Wyatt found the Ark of the Covenant - something that is hotly denied by many both enemy's of the church and unbelieving souls within the church he was told that the writings of Moses were also there and that only the book of Genesis was NOT there though since many of the later writings constantly reference the book of Genesis and it's story's we know that it was also contemporary with that older writing, also there within the ark itself were the actual tablets of stone upon which the Lord wrote the ten commandments, these are the paramount laws given by God to mankind.
www.the-ten-commandments.org...

Basically they are very easy to keep and just require a person to have some morality, honesty and decency and not to worship false Gods or indeed ANY being other than the Lord WHOM gave this easy law.

Man made many more laws but these came direct from God as did these from Jesus whom of course is also the word of God and one with the father.

loveallpeople.org...

And as for that Ark of the Covenant, well after it and the original REAL crucifixion site were discovered the Israeli authority's tried to obtain it using some men believed to be descendants of the tribe of Levi and when they entered the cave they all dropped dead from a brain haemorrhage because they would have desecrated the blood of Christ which is upon the mercy seat of the ark since it was directly below the REAL crucifixion site, afterwards they put a steel plate over the entrance, poured concrete over it and then backfilled it with rubble to hide the location as well as and this is upsetting to Christian that believe it BULLDOZED the site of the Crucifixion to destroy the square hole cut into the rock that was used as footing for the cross, they actually had to get Ron Wyatt whom the Lord had guided to the site to go in and recover the body's of the dead Orthodox rabbi's though before they did this and did this while he was away from the site back in the US.

Though the Israeli Authority's were thus warned off by God there are Freemasons that gather also in the Grotto of Jeremiah whom undoubtedly know the story to be true and whom are also trying to get there hand's upon it, of course if God would not let Rabbis near it though he did let a Christian man of very devout faith in Jesus he is very unlikely to let a cult of lucifer worshippers get anywhere near to it without them suffering an even more horrible and far more PERMANENT fate than the Rabbi's (whose only real sin was denying that Jesus IS the lamb of god the Messiah) did.

God does everything in it's right time.

Note also this Ark is exactly as described in the bible and very unlike the versions painted and drawn countless times in fiction and religious texts alike, it has the winged cherub's with mitres on there heads like the Levites probably wore, one wing of each forming the back of the SEAT as in Mercy Seat or Throne of the Lord on earth and the other two dropped leaving it open like a Chair or Throne which is what the ark really is.

And now you understand the significance of why when he died the earth trembled, the rock of Golgotha upon which he was crucified Cracked that his blood may flow down and onto the waiting mercy seat of the ark of the covenant and the temple veil was rent in the temple were the ark was NOT as it was beneath the Cross and not in the holy of holy's of the temple, it was a sign so that when it was found we would understand the meaning that the ceremonial holy of holy's and the REAL one chosen by God and were the prophet Jeremiah hid the ark half a millennium before the crucifixion were one and the same, the rock split as the temple veil was rent, the blood of Christ like the blood of a lamb carried by the high priests of old and now by the highest priest of all Jesus himself (though with the ceremonial action of the high priest of the time) was then sprinkled by the act of the Crucifixion like that of the lamb's of old upon the mercy seat of the Ark.

In other words he IS THE LORD, he is the lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world.

Even I can see this and I am nothing but a Sinner, may the lord have mercy upon me and all of us and may he grant peace in the world.

edit on 22-4-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LastFirst
Butthurt denial and shame incoming...

Admitted mistranslations and continued plagiarized stories from older times.

Easy to see contradictory verses and even the main writers have different versions.

How many backwoods christians lived and died spouting FAIRY TALES.. never even heard of Mithras..

Way to go... Religious!..

Isn't it weird that the least developed and educated, the highest the rate religion...

Listen man, no need to go down that road. Who's to say who's right or wrong. We're all on a quest together.

"Fairy Tales" exist in all their incantations. Ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, India, Asia, Europe, we all have a set of morals, codes and ethics that derive from "something".

Did words fall from the sky and enter your mouth when you left the womb? Everything you know you learned. But I agree with the notion of mistranslations and continued plagiarism. But this circles back to what I originally said, everything we know, we've learned from somewhere. How are we to say one thing is right and the other wrong, the same way "we" would point our fingers at Christian theologians? Me agreeing isn't adherence because if there's a 1% doubt in my mind, I would still question and search.

I just personally thought the initiation was brash, and you can literally take my opinion with a grain of salt. But I would much rather hear you expunge on why you think Christianity is a mistranslation and continued plagiarism.

ETA: I have a lot to read

edit on J31422 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think it might have to do with the said Hebrew language and their root meanings, while integrated with other cultures. Elohim, Babylonian and plural for a pantheon, but it ended becoming synonymous with thr singularity like Yahweh.

If anything I recall Moses not being able to say God's name like it was Voldremort from Harry Potter.

Same could be said about Christianity, since both books might as well be historical codex leaving little bread crumbs or Easter eggs of the ancient world or an era or too passed.
edit on 22-4-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimmyNeutr0n

originally posted by: LastFirst

I just personally thought the initiation was brash, and you can literally take my opinion with a grain of salt.
ETA: I have a lot to read

I have seen more atrocities in the name

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Genesis 1:3
“And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.”

Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta: Vision arose, insight arose, discernment arose, knowledge arose, illumination arose within me with regard to things never heard before:

Both of those are similar in nature one is the beginning of the Abrahamic religion and teaching and the other is "the beginning " of The Siddhartha Gautama religion known as Buddhism.

The only thing I have ever heard from what gets called the "elohim" is "We are We" an angel is basically the same thing as a dhamma protector; or basically a demon subjugated humbled and promises to do good(protect the religion or word) having been given and shown mercy despite their evil ways.

The "things never heard before" is to be investigated as it is a thicket of views and is seen as the direct cause of suffering since knowledge is twofold or consisting of duality and a world of opposites.

Such a thing is found in all the animals, birds in the air and fish in the sea dominion over them is a reminder that being in the image of "god" as a form is enough since such a being has already subjugated or subdued them. Consider the reason for aesthetics sitting on animal furs... it means both fear and penance, predator and prey. Such a form already subjugated such shouldn't have fear or them shouldn't have to do penance so such a concept is lost on them.

When one reaches fruition it isn't the imagery of a man grasping fruit it is as if he is a tree from a seed that was "planted" it means one is in a garden of delight of whomever planted that seed; the name given to one that the "lord" calls brings that spirit forth out of that tree and into the path of service and into the tree they go eating and enjoying its fruit.

Lost in the wilderness is the person or spirit "called" out of the tree of life to wander blind in knowledge of good and evil when the lord has already said he's both and also the one that called your name to bring you forth.

Lost in the forest or wilderness is no different than the thicket of views or the very cause of suffering... no different than your nose dragging you to freshly baked bread is that name when "called forth".

Yoga or practice means the yoke one applies to one's eye, ear, nose, taste, and touch that pulls counter to the evil one that tries to call you forth with conditioning and desire into the land of rebirth... the "fruit" that you are not wanted or allowed to reach for should now be blatantly obvious... not being led by names and forms recognized by the eye, the ear, the nose, the mouth, by taste, by touch, or any grasping eventually straightens the path makes it true and all else keeping you from it already having one "taste" of it known as bliss or rapture or soma etc is just what is called the tempter to drag you off by name and form now here now there and not resolved or resolute in remaining unmovable... so that suffering finally and truly ends.

Siddhartha willingly accepted the yoke of a brama called nindana... if he didn't there wouldn't be any Buddhist teaching at all in the this "age"... since he accepted the yoke reverence is paid as without such a teaching there wouldn't be knowledge wouldn't be vision, wouldn't be light, just an ignorant darkness lost in the never heard before or what some would call purgatory.

Listening with the throat area and not the ears is my advice on getting rid of the twisting of tongues and comprehending other languages... just beware that yoking the divine ear to a language or speech unknown is a one way trip and leads to suffering no different than what has been previously spoken about but staying long enough to know the language and see the source is the so called "house builder" or the evil one trying to keep you from your well deserved fruit.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join