It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change Your Password NOW

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I just got logged out while answering to a post here on ATS. When I tried to log back in my password was no longer recognised (multiple tries). Since there seem to be some other strange occurrences happening (upload error, 4 days of darkness, ... ) I would strongly advise everyone to change their passwords. NOW!

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

ohh exciting times, but i thought it was three days of darkness we were getting?

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TempleTenSA

I was referring to ATS being down recently for 4 days in a row (just shortly before you joined). My old password not being accepted was the first time this happened to me since I joined about 9 years ago - never happened to me before on any other site either.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 04:06 AM
link   
It's probably related to cookies & your browser. I have to do that login refresh trick from time to time, it directly coincides with cookie expiration & making the page glitch out for a refresh or two. Or four, lol.

Shiz works fine when you turn off blockers for the log-in page (my FF blocks all trackers as a default, you have to adjust sites individually AND consider your add-on configs)

Fwiw, I also used to regularly get logged out after 2 weeks, but in reality monthly is standard due to browser cookies & expiration dates thereof. I ditzed & didn't consider that I was getting logged out every few weeks due to how I had software configured for cookie cleaning (CCleaner)

In other words, it's probably not hinky, just typical tech stuff.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Ah ok, i wonder what work they were doing for four days, i have just joined so im still using the temp password, so will probably do that

thanks

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah, no... this was different from cookie expirations which I repeatedly experienced in the past but never led to my password not being recognised any more. However I did look up an old ATS thread for a post just before that happened and that was through a test.abovetopsecret. URL that was not secure. Could have something to do with that but there again: those test.abovetopsecret. links never caused me any grief in the past.

Anyway, better safe than sorry
change password

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   
You obviously managed to get back in eventually, in order to post. Either the old password worked in the end, or you went through the process of requesting a new one.
In the second case, you have changed your password once already. Have you followed your own advice and changed it a second time?

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I only got back in by resetting my password.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You should really consider that it was your own computer that was compromised and change your passwords for all of your online accounts. Along with running some virus and malware scans. A boot scan wouldn't hurt either.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
I agree. The same has happened to me before.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Nm
edit on 21-4-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   
thanks

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   

edit on Thu Apr 21 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I've been posting on ATS 20 years and have had no problems.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I never log out. Page bookmarked pretty steady for years and years. No issues.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   

edit on Thu Apr 21 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Odd, my account just logged me out while replying.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   
What value is there in accessing any of our accounts?

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

edit on 4/21/22 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

edit on 4/21/22 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join