It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A DHL Cargo Plane Breaks in Two Landing at a Costa Rica Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Luckily enough no one got injured. However this DHL plane wasn't so lucky. Reportedly the aircraft was heading from Costa Rica to Guatemala. Sometime after take off the crew reported a hydraulic issue and turned around for a landing. The 757-200 veered right and went off the runway. The fuselage broke in half and a wing was damaged.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The hydraulic failure caused them to lose reverse thrust, nose wheel steering, and brakes. So they were along for the ride when they touched down.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

DHL half off to Costa Rica!

Badum tiss...

Glad no one was hurt.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Look how thin the skin is on that plane , is that really all that separates People at 30,000ft and 500mph .

I'll be the first to admit I know next to nothing about Jets but that is uncomfortably thin.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

That's all there is. Lots of "No Step" areas on the wings, because you can damage the wing skin by stepping on it.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
Look how thin the skin is on that plane , is that really all that separates People at 30,000ft and 500mph .

I'll be the first to admit I know next to nothing about Jets but that is uncomfortably thin.

as an ex machinist i had a job making "skins" as we called um
most areas were 1/8 thick with ramped up 3/8 in areas that needed extra support or utility

a aircraft's strength lay in the " skeleton " of the air frame
even the skeleton has 1/8 thickness in vast areas of mass and for the most part are a honeycomb of strength
weight reduction versus strength is a balance in aero technologies

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Video doesn't want to play, but I found this one. Considering the circumstances, this was a great outcome.

a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Congratulations. You now know why the buzzword in sales of "aircraft grade aluminum" is a good laugh.

Just wait until you learn the truth about "military grade" anything!

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

God, don’t let that one out. You know what that will do to sales of all that “Tactical” crap out there if it gets out?

top topics

join