It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Admin Pays Farmers To Stop Producing / Bans Growing More Food

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

How much of Gates or China land has bans.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Pay the inspector off and I don't mean $500. Seems to work around here from what I hear.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It looks like the Democrats are following the formula to create
a nation with both totalitarian and fascist characteristics.
Cause enough suffering, blame it on others and make sure
your propaganda arm lets everyone know "you are concerned but can't do anything":
about famine
about the nation going from energy independence to dependent on those who hate and despise the US
allow crime, murder, assault overrun the areas you control

Get the people hungry, broke, and begging for safety.

Then enact totalitarianism, oppressive control
with the people begging for
Chinese style governing with a tight oppressive fist
to stop the pain you purposely inflicted on them
to gain power and keep power

And the Democrats have control over the nation in perpetuity.

Fascism: characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and the economy

Totalitarianism: A system of government in which the people have virtually no authority and the state wields absolute control

edit on 4/2/22 by The2Billies because: format

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I live in N. California, we have no water. I'm a flower farmer, and was told 2 weeks ago, that water in the canal was reduced to 20%. I was just notified that there will be no water this year. So California isn't going to have food. We have millions coming across the border and we can't feed them, we can't feed ourselves. I'm planting what food I think my well can water, to hopefully keep my neighbors fed. But that's the best I can do.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The economy of the world is ruined. They are trying to make an artificial supply shortage to charge more so the farmers can make their bank payments.

It’s is a coordinated global effort. These people are evil.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
I'm a flower farmer,

OK, not to be rude, but you mean that you're using water to grow a cash crop, not a food crop, during a water shortage?

I understand that this is your life and that it's how you pay your mortgage and put your kids through college, but ...

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randomname2
The economy of the world is ruined. They are trying to make an artificial supply shortage to charge more so the farmers can make their bank payments.

It’s is a coordinated global effort. These people are evil.

These are often crops that there is a surplus of due to subsidies, so reducing their production won't create shortages. It might also encourage farmers to grow crops that don't require subsidies.

Where I live we're paying farmers to take land out of use because they've basically destroyed the soil by over cropping and monocropping. The lad needs to be fallow for several years in order to preserve it and to allow it to recover.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I won't be farming flowers this year. I've lived here all my life, (64) and have seen it all run in cycles, so drought comes and goes. I'm a water wise farmer with ground swells mulch and real poop to fertilize with, but like I said, im switching to potatoes and winter squash, cause its going to hit us hard in the fall.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Keep the rich rich, drive the cost of living for the poor UP by paying them less and making them work longer and drive it DOWN for the elite by taxing them less and helping them to pay there workers less and get away with more tax evasion as well.

Turn your nation into a nation of poverty ravaged slaves and just another third world nation with a corrupt aristocratic corporate elite in charge much like the ruling family's of South America.

Prepare military for martial law and martial powers as part of a transition should the people not play ball.

He is just the latest cog in that plan and it has been ongoing for years over there with only Trump having been a short term hurdle to it even though he is no saint himself, he was not one of THEM however so?.

When was the last time your nation OR mine was ruled by politicians that had lived ordinary people lives and worked ordinary jobs instead of hedge fund managers and oil baron's.

Politics is ALL A SCAM and we are the poor idiot sap's being ripped off continuously, the Tyrants are in charge and we let them get there by being fools in the first place.

edit on 2-4-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yes, Biden's fighting it...thankfully.

Read the article again, folks. The ones wanting this are AGRIBUSINESSES -- it says so in everything you're quoting.

"Agribusiness" isn't the little guy farmer. It's the big farm corporations -- and by the way, they're international. The major US agribusinesses are Archer Daniels Midland, Cargill, Dean Foods, Dow AgroSciences, Monsanto and Tyson -- names that I assume are familiar to all of you.

They often attempt to manipulate governments, as in this example where they want the EU to start accepting food imports from countries that are rapidly chopping down forests to make plantations for these big agribusinesses.

(long read, but if you want to read up on the behaviors of one of these agribuisnesses, try this article on Tyson foods)

At least two of the big players are American companies that have been bought by the Chinese

So -- it's a bunch of free market, pro capitalism large companies that would like to use up our reserve land to grow more food so that they can export it. Big factory farms don't employ a lot of Americans.

Tl/dr -
* it's not the little farms, it's Big Business Conglomerates (read the article again)
* won't do much for the job market
* will make these companies and their investors and top level execs richer
* companies and groups involved are not necessarily owned by Americans.
* and by the way, these companies/groups/executives don't pay as much tax as they shoud.

I sez, "go get 'em!" and leave the lands alone.

Your mileage may vary.

edit on 2-4-2022 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
A lot of countries do this to keep the prices at a certain level so farms don’t close down. Sometimes its an environmental thing as well to stop soil degradation.

What i don’t understand, echoing the OP, is why you would do such a thing with a looming food shortage.

It’s either simple stupidity or outright malice

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies
If you look at the statistics, crop yields have been dropping year after year in the PNW due to higher than normal temperatures and prolonged drought.
China is the greatest consumer of soy beans, yet have greatly reduced producing their own. The US is the largest supplier of soy beans in the world, filling China's needs.

As of the start of 2020, Chinese investors owned about 192,000 acres of U.S. agricultural land valued at about $1.9 billion, according to Politico. While Chinese land ownership in the U.S. is less than that of other foreign nations, the growth in Chinese land ownership is part of an overall trend in China rapidly buying up other country’s farmland over more than a decade.

americ... anmilitarynews.com/2021/07/china-is-buying-billions-in-us-farmland-and-lawmakers-are-scrambling-to-try-to-stop-them/

I don't think China having so much control over US food is a good thing.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

And I can't say a word against you for that.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Doesn't Washington subsidise these too?

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
A lot of countries do this to keep the prices at a certain level so farms don’t close down. Sometimes its an environmental thing as well to stop soil degradation.

What i don’t understand, echoing the OP, is why you would do such a thing with a looming food shortage.

It’s either simple stupidity or outright malice

America doesn't have a food shortage, the problem is distribution and processing. Produce is rotting in the fields or is being pulped for animal feed.

What Biden wants is to reduce crops that are over produced by people chasing subsidies.

Hint: This is hitting small town farmers, who are primarily Republican voters.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

well, i bet all the acreage that billionaires like Gates & Turner have acquired will not be crop denied...therefore more valuable to the Land-Lords

Mega-Corp seed sellers (GMO Seeds) will also be free to plant... it seems the family farmer is the target for naturally produced crops being banned to middle income buyers

vertical farming is the next trend, indoor hydroponis for the elites and the modern 'Soylent' for the masses on the government teat...

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
a reply to: nugget1

Doesn't Washington subsidise these too?

Subsidize what? Soybeans? The largest government subsidies go to corn, soy and wheat growers. Following that comes cotton and rice.
Farmers get USDA crop insurance, which essentially makes them bedfellows with the legislative crowd. If the want to collect insurance in the event of crop failure, they have to be growing a government-approved crop.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
I read the article as exactly the opposite. They're stating that the idle land will be less because they will use it to plant crops. Also stresses to not use only the most environmentally sensitive lands while making the least environmentally sensitive lands for crop growth.

So you disregard this Reality and substitute it with your own?

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Well, they've been "predicting" it for 7 years. That timing...

www.cna.org...

Probably less than 0.01% of people involved wrote the script. The rest are unknowing actors.

0.01% are involved in the conspiracy, the rest of the criminals just fell victim to predictive programming. So much money to be made yknow

Within the next three years they will cut funding of most farmers on the EU by only channeling the aids to the eco-friendly ones. Good thing Bill Gates is all set up for that to happen. Can't wait to depend solely on his food.

I don't think the price increase itself is the sole objective here. It's more a means to an end. It's about eliminating all competition first.
edit on 5-4-2022 by knowhatamine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Biden hates all of us. Even those who like the man are starting to wise up.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join