It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I lost my father

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Sorry for your loss. Damn Covid! Too many people in my circle have suffered the loss of someone from it. My Niece has a 50 year old boyfriend who will require oxygen the rest, of his life because it damaged his lungs badly.

It is great you had such a loving relationship with your father! Remember the good times, and I know just from your post the feeling was mutual. He will always be part of you.. Sending a prayer your way. ✌ 🙏

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

In memorial they talked about my father, what he did and what they learnt from him. i was touched.. those were beautiful words. My father was always down to earth, helpful but still had childlike mischief in him. He liked surprice and bring happiness. All neighbours knew him and it seems they loved him very much
Bless their souls !

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss. It's the hardest thing imaginable losing a loved one

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   

My sincerest condolences, dollukka.

I feel your pain and despair. It is right for you to mourn his passing, but time will heal your open wound. In time, his legacy and your fondest memories will prevail. He was a righteous father and you and your Brother are the products of his efforts. He will always be with you, and eventually, I like to believe that you will join with him again. Gentile souls must surely meet again in a better place and rejoice in a way we can only dream of in this mortal life.

Take care and stay strong.
Encia

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Both my parents have passed away, I didn't attend the "service" for my dad, I actually refused to. My relationship with my dad was different of course, but I loved and respected him plus I am very much his son, I notice it all the time.

I didn't attend his service for a few reasons, none of which were because of my relationship with him though, it was a complicated deal. What happened with my father after he passed was a terrible farce, the disrespect went back three generations if you include myself. Basically I felt it was folly akin to asking for a curse if I went.

Having said that, I feel your loss in the story you told and I think it was beautiful and heart felt. Your father sounds like a great dad for you as hard as that must have been after losing your mother. I dislike funerals, esp. of people close to me, but I wish I could have attended a service for my father like you decsribed with yours. It would have been beautiful had it worked out that way for my father.

Thanks for your personal story. It's good to think about our dearly departed, even if it hurts a little.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

His funerals were beautiful and serene, my father had touched so many people that i had no idea of. He helped so many and so many loved him and joined us in farewell to his last journey.

I miss you Father and i always will love you...

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. It may not seem like it now but you will always have all those wonderful memories and they will comfort you and be there when you want to think of him. Praying for your comfort through all of this and for your family and friends.
edit on 1-4-2022 by TruthJava because: added text

edit on 1-4-2022 by TruthJava because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I am sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my thoughts. Covid - 19 is a more harrowing situation for some families.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I’m sorry dear dollukka

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   

You have my deepest sympathies, dolluka. Losing a parent is difficult.

--Cav

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I’m so sorry for your loss. I wil say a prayer for you and your family.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I went through the same thing this time last year.
My condolences.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   
My Pappy died with Vietnamese metal in his knee. Hey. You wanna go fishing? I got a few river spots, and there's plenty of good size lakes within an hour. Elkhorns (what we call Morels) will be popping up soon..they are delectable. Theres nothin really in season right now to hunt, but I don't see anybody sayin anything if you're hungry...We can take ultra-lite gear and get into some crappie maybe, they're my favorite to eat, besides bluegill and perch...Let me know.

Elbo Grees

link   

edit on 2-4-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: total glitch

link   

edit on 2-4-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: glitch

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You have my deepest sympathy. I have lost both of my folks. I think about them all the time and I know I will see them again. You will see your father again.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I am sorry for your loss!!! Prayers for you and your family!

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hey man i don't post on here alot but i read your post and feel sad for you, thinking about my own father and how capable he is someday that day will arrive.

I would like to offer you something that may help keep you safe in the future and those of your loved ones taking into account any allergies they may have and people being sensitive to herbal medicine. I am a person that believes in the most basic medicine of all, where infact the entire drug industry came from apothecary which for many drugs and medicines if they were to be broken down to raw constitutes would have the same base ingredients as medicine traditionally had. Something i like to make is rosemary extract, in this case i bring a small pot of water to the boil add the rosemary usually dried as its cheap but still relatively effective then reduce the heat to a low temperature on the stove so that its a slow boil and do that for an hour. The waters being used as a solvent, not as good as pure alcohol for the cost and effectiveness its ideal. The extract can then be added to food, drinks baking and cooking. For one it reduces whats known as Mailard reaction which can produce Acrylamide a known carcinogen. Its also recently been found to affect the Covid virus which is primarily why im sending you this. In general anything that reduces inflammation without serious side effects is worth while. Im only talking about Rosemary as its a herb i know well. I have also dabbled with whats known as synergy where you combine multiple herbs together to create a mixed extract. Very potent stuff. Take this with a grain of salt and as anecdotal ideas but maybe it'll come in handy someday.

Sources - en.wikipedia.org... www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Somewhere there's a really good article i found on use of different compounds to reduce the Maillard process and was one also showing fried potato chips and the difference that soaking in salt prior to frying makes. I got it printed out and will endeavor to find it then send a link.
edit on 2-4-2022 by mammothtank because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Mine passed the same day you posted this. I feel your pain. I'm very sorry for your loss.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dthwraith

It is hard ! Have strenght ! my condolences to you.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I am sorry for your loss. Just remember all the good things he gave you and he will be with you always. I lost my mom in 2015 and there was a period of grief but sometimes I feel like she is still here because she was such a positive influence in my life. It sounds like your father was the same to you. Prayers and good luck.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join