It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silencer Shop Reports ATF Approving Suppressors In Record Time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I never had that issue. Cpl holder...solid....when one has a license..for over 40 yrs.

Same w tasers. Walk in now..if you're already licensed...then our the door.

When they went. Legal....no wait really.

But then...I am retired from L.E.O. Complex for the city.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If anything, I'd say the typical banger WANTS their drive-by seen. Not for some sort of ghetto hip-hop PSYOP but because ya gotta represent in the hood! And actual tactics are of little importance in urban combat, same for weapon proficiency and maintenance.

Nah, forget ALL that nonsense. Only one thing truly matters when indiscriminately pouring lead into a crowded bus stop. And that thing is STYLE!

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You need ear protection for big bore air rifles, and silencers are legal for them without any paper work or the $200 tax stamp.
The only requirement is that they will not fit a firearm. there in lies the problem.
you have to be very careful that the air rifle silencer can not work on a firearm.

donnyfl.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Suppressors are a different animal entirely.

Again, not saying they aren't legal. Saying that a tax stamp and ATF clearance is required that used to be a long time in acquiring.

It's quicker now according to the OP.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Kinda what I was saying. With my personal and er/leo circle...all w existing permits things move quicker a bit...still.
When the stores started advg...a bunch of sniper-wannabes we're getting 'em left n right.

Me? Not so inclined.

A silencer/suppressor on my 357 mag EDC? Wouldn't matter. The flash/flame at close range will getcha if the round doesn't! Can't suppress that!

Peace✌️😎

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Beautiful

Highly rec for the reasons you list above

Even on a 556 weapon its still worth it. It actually quiets M855 down even though its still supersonic no flash and the noise report is different

For handguns, 300blk, 308 subs they sound really good. Most of mine run cheap Form 1 suppressors, the only commercial ones I own are for the 556 and 300win mag because both wreck a $40 Form 1 Hah Hah Hah 😄

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Yes!

Or you have to be careful not to get caught.

Take it deep in the woods. Use a drone to spy first. Look to the left, look to the right, no one there? Shoot your illegal gun to hearts content.

If you dont want the worry or enjoy following rules, paying the expensive taxes and artificial scarcity inflated prices that is good too

I opted for the legal route so I could leave them for my children. Otherwise, I would have probably just acquired or built everything in violation of US law.

😁
edit on 4/3/2022 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
a reply to: Snarl

I guess that's because people are more likely to use them for gang hits or something?

No. It's because Hollywood exaggerates their capabilities and Libretards get their panties in a bunch.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
To all libwads who think it goes pssssssst you are sorely mistaken.

Even my 10" can on a Glock 9mm 147gr is still fairly loud. Sure, the sonic boom is gone and it sounds more like a jackhammer than a jet engine, does it matter?

Most people ignore regular gun shots. Everyone ignores suppressed gun shots. I always Text to my neighbor when I shoot suppressed and ask if they heard shots, never do

These are great processing times. But participating in the NFA, like taxes and voting, only serves to legitimize this very illegitimate fake government. Consider the illegal options. But I cant fault those who are ascared.

Legal makes sense when you want to take it out in public, lands you dont surveil, or pass it down one day. Otherwise $40 and a shovel, and a "break in case of X" will do just fine.
edit on 4/6/2022 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I reload for my 9mm. I've played around with the reloading tables and have a round that doesn't make that much noise even without a suppressor. I keep those on hand for shooting cats. Before cat lovers and animal rights clowns get their panties in a bunch, the area where I live has a rabies quarantine in effect. In the last couple of years I have shot eight rabid animals. Five cats, three squirrels and a raccoon. In the last couple of years seven children have had to have rabies shots because of feral cats. I'm not going to mention the name of the animal rights group that trapped, spayed or neutered over 200 feral cats, forgot to vaccinate them for rabies and turned them loose in our neighborhood. Four of the five cats have had the ear tag showing that they were from this group.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Jim, have always wondered if this could be done. If you took an already subsonic round and tested different powder/non-NFA muzzle devices, if it couldnt be made to significantly reduce the report

I will say, at any distance at all guns shots no longer sound like gun shots and that most people tend to ignore one off unusual sounds anyway 😁

I also am one of those cat lovers, but IMO its inhumane not to destroy sick animals with rabies and terminal diseases especially the risk of spreading it. It aint pretty, but sometimes life is messy! Only thing worse than one dead creature with rabies is having to euthanize 3/4 from it

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join