It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Kids Car was Stolen. First thing Cops do is Ask For All of Our DNA ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Backagain
a reply to: whyamIhere

"To compare when they found the car"? Compare your DNA against the Thieves? How does that make sense? 🤔

If they find DNA that is not yours on the steering wheel, gearshift, etc., then that's a lead to the thief. What is so hard to understand about this? They have been using this method with fingerprints for decades. Now that the police had had some success using genealogical DNA and the whole process has gotten much cheaper, it's just another forensic tool.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Maybe they think we birth the car and that is why they need DNA,

I politely will say no you are not getting it,

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Calif is way behind on DNA testing for rape cases, but they want your DNA for a GTA. Something is very wrong here.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Gotta be some kind of insurance company deal. Sucks they buy and pay for police procedure. So, its take the loss on the car or get probed? Stupid...Yea, I would definitely want to stick that swab somewhere and give it back to em..Thats our brilliant society for ya..the cost of the automotive fad.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Where i hail from, and regading stolen property and theft, you are lucky if Police manage to send out forensics to dust for prints within the first 48 hours, never mind collect DNA samples.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   
We've got six more detectives working on it!

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

"To compare when they found the car"? Compare your DNA against the Thieves? How does that make sense? 🤔

If they find DNA that is not yours on the steering wheel, gearshift, etc., then that's a lead to the thief. What is so hard to understand about this? They have been using this method with fingerprints for decades. Now that the police had had some success using genealogical DNA and the whole process has gotten much cheaper, it's just another forensic tool.

That’s exactly what the cops said.

The are heavy on DNA policing.

Yes, no blood just a swab.

It’s a new World...

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Get used to it. There will be more to come.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Many times people get into accidents like hit and runs and claim the car was stolen.

Cars are also claimed stolen when its used for theft.

No other DNA in the car and a sketchy story gets people caught

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   

...not unless they can distill their desired DNA sample from my urine when I piss on that request. That's utterly ridiculous, man. Did the fascist also ask to see your vaccination card before opening a file for the stolen car?

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I live in a city where the cops won't bother recovering your property if you have video proof of who stole it, where the crackhead lives, where the property is being held, and a half dozen witnesses in the neighborhood who saw said crackhead scoping yards for items to steal... if the start asking for DNA, I'd openly laugh at them because it would be obvious they had no intention of solving any crimes with it... truth be told they're probably selling the genetic information to some pharmaceutical corporation or Biolab so future strains of government created virus can be more thorough in their targeting and damage.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

It’s a new World...

Tell them they can take a flying f#cking leap, I know you did anyway, in not so many words. No one will get my DNA unless strapped down against my will in every way.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

It’s a new World...

Tell them they can take a flying f#cking leap, I know you did anyway, in not so many words. No one will get my DNA unless strapped down against my will in every way.

It's very easy to acquire someone's DNA.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

It’s a new World...

This may be true, but they would have to really want it, why bend over, why just hand it over with no warrant/court order?

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

It’s a new World...

This may be true, but they would have to really want it, why bend over, why just hand it over with no warrant/court order?

Easier to grab a bottle out of the recyclable.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

It’s a new World...

Easier to grab a bottle out of the recyclable.

A lot of effort, chain of custody and all that, someone has to watch the target drink from it, confirm no one else touched it..etc..for a rape, or murder case I get it. Anything other than that, doesn't make sense.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: schuyler

truth be told they're probably selling the genetic information to some pharmaceutical corporation or Biolab so future strains of government created virus can be more thorough in their targeting and damage.

A pure speculation on your part. It's not "truth be told" at all. Fact is, several killers have been recently brought to justice using forensic DNA. The "Golden State" killer is one of the more famous cases.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   
A bigger question for me would be: once the case is solved, do they get rid of your DNA, or do they retain it in the system, even though you were the victim of a crime? That would be my biggest worry. A lot of non-offenders DNA being retained in a database.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   
San Diego is where they just authorized human killing robots. That place will be a WEF hellscape.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Now they don’t even need your DNA.

The other night I heard about DNA Family Tree Forensics.

They start searching the website family tree databases like 23andMe. If your relatives have used the service and given them their DNA they’ll get ya.

Just as in 100 other cases, the analysis revealed people related to the suspect, some distantly. Parabon’s genetic genealogists then reverse-engineered a family tree, joining the dots between the crime scene DNA and relatives using official birth, death and marriage records and obituaries, to produce a list of leads and potential suspects for whom the time, the place and the DNA fitted.

www.sciencefocus.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join