It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oscars.....time to cancel permanently

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It's that time again....the Oscars.... actors and actresses seeking praises.

What a waste of TV time. These fascist get their chance to spread on TV their hate and racists attitudes to white people and conservatives.

Not only is money and fame important to these wannabes but they seek to be worshipped!

And to top it off...today's movies, for the most part suck!

Don't tell me you plan on watching the Oscars?

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   
My, my aren't you grouchy today.

The Oscar party is fun...actors work hard...it is a party and gathering of acknowledgement of what they have created in telling a story. I admire their talent and how they handle the public. They entertain me and help me to escape from circumstances in my own life. They are celebrating and having fun...there is nothing wrong with that.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Yeah, I don't watch the Oscars... or any of their awards shows. I don't know of any industry that gives themselves so many darn awards for accomplishing so darn little.

But instead of the Oscars, we can watch this again!

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: alexandrae

Yeah, I love an industry that spits on everything I like in life. It's awesome and helps me escape from the good stuff by feeding me a stream of what if the the horrible stuff really led to Utopia ... but it doesn't and any logical examination of the fantasy instantly reveals the handwaving that has to be done to make it work. You know, like Star Trek needing to solve the problem of supply by inventing a matter replicator to make whatever you need to no one will need anything, and then presuming that people will just create an economy out of thin by everyone doing what they want when they want after that.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Sounds like they got into your head, I didn't even know it was on tonight until I saw you whining about it.

Do you have the schedule for Disney+ as well?

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Meh, I haven't seen the merit in acting awards since I was 13 & thought the Magnificent Seven (the gymnastic team) were more talented in terms of ability rarity. As far as Oscars and the like, it's just a ego-wang massage clique contest.

And I really dont think the majority of those actors have ever really knocked it out of the ballpark enough to be legit celebrated for it. This to me comes off as the school talent show awards at best -- not worth much.
edit on 3/27/2022 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/27/2022 by Nyiah because: edit: wrong monkier, they were the Magnificent Seven, not Fantastic Five.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The Oscars?

None stop stream of self-indulgent arseholes wallowing in their own smug self-importance.

Don't watch any of it or read any reports about it - except this thread.🤣🤣
Just ignore it, its pretty easy.

I watched the Ricky Gervais thing only because a friend told me about it.
That was quite funny, he should have really let rip though.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   

So you want to " cancel culture " ?

Right.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   
You call that culture? LOL

I call it trash....

originally posted by: alldaylong

Right.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I LOVE movies and good TV. Without actors, we'd have neither.

I don't watch the Oscars because I don't care.

If you don't like the Oscars, don't watch. See, yet another problem I've solved for the masses.

I believe the Awards show are going the way of Soap Operas. The audience simply isn't there anymore.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Don't watch any of it or read any reports about it - except this thread.🤣🤣
Just ignore it, its pretty easy.

It's gonna be hard to pass up. I hear Tom Hanks is up for an Academy Award for his role in Sky Screaming Boomer.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Yes, most people don't. Check the ratings.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I agree, I do not watch that crap anymore, Actors used to have talent, only a few does, I admire those, but the rest are nothing but props in front of a green screen that makes everybody believe they are acting something.

Fake scenarios and graphics has taken over talent.

I say, praise those behind scene doing the real work with graphics

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I heard there was petitions going around for some actors or actresses to be invited because their movie was up for nomination.
The people responsible for some of the listed movies wernt invited, yet DJ Khalid, Tony Hawk, and a slew of others that have nothing to do with movies, were being promoted as going to the oscars.
lol unreal.

Now theyre getting Zelensky to speak?
Like seriously? complete clown world

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
You call that culture? LOL

I call it trash....

originally posted by: alldaylong

Right.

Ahh yes. "American royalty". Another example of how America sometimes has it's priorities flipped upside down and turned around. We revere actors, singers, and sports personalities as heroes and too often ignore our real heroes who go unnamed and unnoticed.

"Trash" as it may be, it IS American culture and I see nothing wrong with appreciating someone who excels at their craft, but making idols out of them is something else altogether. I never watch awards shows, but up to this point enough people enjoyed them that money was made from airing them.
edit on 3/27/2022 by Klassified because: oopsie

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I guess another thing about the Oscars is that a lot of times, art and cultural relevance are two different things. No one remembers Oscar winners a lot of the time, but everyone recalls the good films that were culturally relevant.

WaPo did a piece about it. I didn't link direct to that one, but this piece from HotAir quotes from that one and links to it. Just one example WaPo points out is that the year that Apocalypse Now was released, Best Picture went to Kramer v. Kramer. How many people remember that one fondly? But EVERYONE knows Apocalypse Now, and it often makes Top 10 lists of best films ever.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Drama was where the talent used to be, now the more the graphics the better the picture since the Star wars this all it matters now, no talent anymore, just a good body and a pretty face that will look good in front of the green screen.

edit on 27-3-2022 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Anyone else hoping Jussie Smollett's Lynch All The white Conservatives wins Best Picture?

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Totally agree. Most boring show of all time.

"And to top it off...today's movies, for the most part suck! "

Nah, there's still some great movies and shows. Just alot more poopy ones due to volume.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

I happen to be browsing the shows and came upon Madlock, wow I forgot what drama with comedy used to be in the days, been hook on this old show now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join