It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's newly discovered ancient tombs are nearly 5,000 years old

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Some more new old stuff and this goes back a long ways.

Egypt announced on Thursday the discovery of five ancient tombs in Saqqara, marking the latest in a series of discoveries in the vast necropolis south of Cairo.

The stony tombs date back to the Old Kingdom (c.2700–2200 BC) and First Intermediate (c.2181–2055 BC) eras, Egypt's antiquities ministry said.

They were excavated northeast of the Pyramid of Merenre, a 52.5 meters-tall structure that was built during the Sixth Dynasty. The tombs, which are engraved with colorful shapes, belong to "top officials," the ministry added.

Looks like there has been some real work going on there. What it all means is how it's interpreted as has been for centuries.

Egypt has carried out extensive digging operations in Saqqara in recent years, which resulted in a string of discoveries, including the unearthing of a 4,400-year-old tomb of royal priest Wahtye in 2018 and the discovery of hundreds of mummified animals and statues a year later.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

My interests have died knowing they are hiding the true history.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

Yeah.
Easy out to avoid all the hard, boring work involved in learning what we know and why we know it.

Harte

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Yeah.
Easy out to avoid all the hard, boring work involved in learning what we know and why we know it.

Harte

I don’t think we know anything about our history. You included . You know what your masters tell you . It would sure be something to know the truth about everything

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Yeah.

You know what Harte? I did sound completely ignorant of the honest dedicated
people who do all the hard work to bring us many fascinating discoveries.
I was quite remiss and I do apologize.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bringittothelight

originally posted by: Harte

Yeah.

Harte

I don’t think we know anything about our history. You included . You know what your masters tell you . It would sure be something to know the truth about everything

If it will make you feel better, I'll hide the facts I know about this topic from you so you can validate your insanity.

Harte

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Yeah.

You know what Harte? I did sound completely ignorant of the honest dedicated
people who do all the hard work to bring us many fascinating discoveries.
I was quite remiss and I do apologize.

Good form Randy.

All they can possibly do is try to interpret the evidence they have in hand.
The problem is that there's a lot of that evidence and some of it's pretty subtle and most people don't want to learn all of it (including me) or learn why it has been interpreted the way it has.

People don't realize that there's a whole lot of wiggle room in what is called the "Mainstream" position. But flat-out stating they are hiding something is just beyond the pale. Those same researchers could become rich and famous for a new discovery. Hiding anything is like career suicide.

Harte

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Would you say there are some cover ups or shady deals that at least
leave even you scratching your once in a while Harte? For example
the lady archaeologist in Mexico or So. America some where down
south. I believe she dated an excavation that put humans in the
Americas back to either 20,000 or 200,000 YA. And TPTB or
whoever was over her scoffed at her paper and she was done
as an archaeologist. You likely know who I'm referring to I
think it was in the sixties early seventies? I just see corruption in
every walk of life Harte. Of course I meant no disrespect to anyone
who honestly pursues their ambitions in any field. What's your
perspective of possible corruption at the top of archaeology
as far as the public narrative?
edit on 26-3-2022 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Would you say there are some cover ups or shady deals that at least
leave even you scratching your once in a while Harte? For example
the lady archaeologist in Mexico or So. America some where down
south. I believe she dated an excavation that put humans in the
Americas back to either 20,000 or 200,000 YA. And TPTB or
whoever was over her scoffed at her paper and she was done
as an archaeologist.

Virginia Steen-MacIntyre at Hueyatlaco.
She was a Geology student intern at the USGS, not an archaeologist.
She jumped the lead archaeologist's (Cynthia Irwin-Williams) paper with her own prior to the Irwin-Williams' paper on the site being published.
Irwin-William's paper contained the same dating. Do you find it odd that Irwin-Williams suffered no consequences whatsoever when she published the exact same dates?

And Steen-MacIntyre wasn't ruined. She's published plenty of papers in academic journals since then. It's just that not many people trust her enough to work with her after she literally stole her boss' data and published it as her own.

What's your perspective of possible corruption at the top of archaeology
as far as the public narrative?

Corruption is possible in every walk of life. As far as the top of the profession goes, it's EXTREMELY unlikely and ENTIRELY unevidenced.

On the other hand, EVERY fringe author/speaker is lying to you every single time they make a claim. And 99% of them KNOW they are lying.

Harte

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   

She jumped the lead archaeologist's (Cynthia Irwin-Williams) paper with her own prior to the Irwin-Williams' paper on the site being published.
Irwin-William's paper contained the same dating. Do you find it odd that Irwin-Williams suffered no consequences whatsoever when she published the exact same dates?

No sir not by your account. Which is why I asked in good conscience not trusting vague information
in my head.

Thank you Harte

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 06:32 AM
link   

No sir not by your account. Which is why I asked in good conscience not trusting vague information
in my head.

Thank you Harte

BTW, the site at Hueyatlaco was subsequently dated using different methods and the results are all over the board. The range is about 250,000 to 10,000 YBP.
Obviously, there's a problem dating the site.

Harte

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   

BTW, the site at Hueyatlaco was subsequently dated using different methods and the results are all over the board. The range is about 250,000 to 10,000 YBP.
Obviously, there's a problem dating the site.

Harte

Updated information from a source I have no reason to distrust is refreshing.

I will look to you for rational thought in the future. Rather than coming off with
big bombastic layman's claims.

Salute

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2
The Fringe will say anything for a buck Randy.
You have to check the claims yourself.

Harte

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   

They were using some kind of volcanic dust dating technique for the much earlier 250,000 year estimate.
Volcanic eruption dating science isn't fringe for dating eruptions.
Earth's more pronounced tilt supposedly ends the ice age cycles but low latitude sites would not be effected anyways.
Hueyatlaco was at a relatively low latitude is the 250,000 year estimate "fringe"?

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Well, that's a probation

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromunclexcommunicate

They were using some kind of volcanic dust dating technique for the much earlier 250,000 year estimate.
Volcanic eruption dating science isn't fringe for dating eruptions.
Earth's more pronounced tilt supposedly ends the ice age cycles but low latitude sites would not be effected anyways.
Hueyatlaco was at a relatively low latitude is the 250,000 year estimate "fringe"?

Guess you didn't read what I posted. Multiple methods were used - ALL of which gave wildly different results.
What that means is that there IS no date for the site.

Harte

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Up until 2001 the resident expert was Jean-Philippe Lauer who spent 75 years of his life there working at the site even when he was in his 90's. So how did someone who literally spent his life there miss something as important as a 4,400-year-old tomb of royal priest Wahtye? Or maybe he hid the knowledge from the public, but for what re ason?

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromunclexcommunicate

Up until 2001 the resident expert was Jean-Philippe Lauer who spent 75 years of his life there working at the site even when he was in his 90's. So how did someone who literally spent his life there miss something as important as a 4,400-year-old tomb of royal priest Wahtye? Or maybe he hid the knowledge from the public, but for what re ason?

There's likely more than 75 years worth of investigations to be performed on what was already found there. Archaeologists don't just dig stuff up, throw it at a museum, and get back to digging.

Harte

new topics

top topics

join