It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you Donate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Where do you Donate on the forum here?

I'll pitch in to help keep the site running.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

I think we should wait until the new owners tell us who they are.

There are so many possibilities and the big question is ... why can't they come clean.

I think DJT bought it for Barron but then I was thinking ...

Perhaps Vladimir Putin bought it for one of his children.

Or ... dun dun dun, Soros bought it with the change he had in his wallet.

Be careful who you send money to.

Perhaps that Nigerian Prince bought it?

P

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

donations can in some bread a false state self entitlement, ie I donated a 100$, so you can't ban me,,

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Went on isitdown to double check too what was going on. Then, I see there is a comment section. I do web stuff, so I was going to post to see if it was possible to mirror the site at my own expense or even just get the data and move it from phpbb to something more efficient. Couldn't even make a post there, because facebook has me blocked me for a week. I was a actually a bit scared. I like ats glad and it came back up but I can understand why php based site might have high overhead. I'll donate money but id love to donate help too if possible!

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Perhaps Vladimir Putin bought it for one of his children.

Come on. Gimme a break.

ETA: I know you hide that in jest (but you meant it).

Get tired of some of this crap. Never any proof of it either.
edit on 22-3-2022 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
Where do you Donate on the forum here?

I'll pitch in to help keep the site running.

When the new owners bought this site, they told Bill they would run it ad-free, and they have done so with the exception of one small ad. That doesn't sound like someone who is hurting for money.

Nevertheless, in today's online world, you are the product.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I dont donate to anyone i don't know.

Bill, Mark, Stephen I knew.

Whomever owns it now? I dont know.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

For all we know it could be some russian billionaire that owns ats.

lol 90% of what is posted here has no real proof to it. Everyone's just using their imaginations to form opinions.
It's actually one of the reasons I like this site. We are free to say whatever dumb # we can imagine, for the most part.

But that doesn't mean that ats isn't a data farm for who knows who?

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

For all we know it could be some russian billionaire that owns ats.

Yes it could be true. But what about the just as equally possibly things such as the following for starters...

What if it's a celebrity that does not want their name associated with conspiracy topics? There have been some fairly high profile people on here from all sorts of walks in the past.

What if it's someone that works within the government and they would lose their position if someone found out it was them?

What if it really is area 51 that owns it?

What if it's aliens.

What if it's just a wee guy in his basement?

This site promises it will keep your identity anonymous and provide secure messaging between users unless it is your own fault - if you post who you are publicly etc or words to that effect or something that is an identifiable naughty something (you get my drift). The site makes money from the users in exchange and they make it by various means but promise not to divulge identifiable information.

That is all that really matters to me as I believe in freedom of speech but I don't want to come on here and see horrendous images or worse being posted as one example.
Think about it, look at what happens on facebook/twitter etc with cancel culture etc too. Can lose a job, reputation and source of income just for tweeting now.

Is there some nefarious agenda out there to go beyond legality or agreements or whatever... might well be but you have to draw the line somewhere and make this decision personally but I think the idea that this site is Russian owned is quite a leap

Is it being trolled quite a bit etc. Yes absolutely but on both sides and that is important that we see it all. How can you find out where the echochamber is if you don't bump into the wall every now and then?

Anyways, just my take on this. Sometimes the wee guy in our heads can make mistakes you know...

Could I be wrong? Yep just as much as anyone else. Bit late for everyone to be questioning this now anyways, beds made.

edit on 22-3-2022 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join