It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saving Your ATS Posts / Data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   
A technical question due to a recent scare.

Is there a way to download all of your threads to a file or thumb drive?

2nd Question, is there some kind of searchable text only back-up of all ATS posts that can be downloaded? Not sure of the size of that but I would assume if graphics are removed, it might be possible.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
A technical question due to a recent scare.

Is there a way to download all of your threads to a file or thumb drive?

2nd Question, is there some kind of searchable text only back-up of all ATS posts that can be downloaded? Not sure of the size of that but I would assume if graphics are removed, it might be possible.

Thanks

MSB's thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The best way is to hit the printer icon and print your thread as a PDF which will save it as such.

The only other alternative would be to write or use a "crawler", and I'm not sure that's cool with ATS because of bandwidth (I could be wrong though).

edit on 3/21/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

You might be able to use something like HTTrack, Cyotek or mobirise, etc., to clone the entire site. I don't think there is a download facility for your own files, threads and posts.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I made a lot of posts....who cares if they disappeared, I still have the knowledge I shared.

Where the hell am I, I think I forgot to set the timer on the oven, tomorrow the house will be full of smoke. I realize that someday I will forget everything I know or die and all my studying will have been wasted, but oh well, I won't have to worry about it anymore anyway if I have dementia or am dead.

I am not going to back anything up, I did my part to try to inform people what I had learned, I will leave this world with a clear conscience....plus, if I back it all up, I will forget the password anyway if I get alzheimer disease or not remember I even backed it up. So why even bother.

Maybe I should write a book, now I finally do have enough knowledge to do it....but medical science will try to discredit that food choices based on a person's genetics can prevent people from getting diseases. I have seen a lot of authors get slammed by the people profiting by medicine if they go against the consensus of the medical profession, I have no interest in having to protect myself from the people who want everyone to believe or worship modern Western Medicine. It is not as bad in Much of Europe, but it is here in America where excessive profits are made in the medical industry and pharmaceudical companies.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Just to let everybody know,
www.archive.org has been taking snapshots of ATS
since 1998 . To quote them: "Saved 17,059 times between
December 5, 1998 and March 21, 2022."

Looks like they have ramped up their taking
of snapshots of ATS over the years. Appears
that 2020 was the year that they started taking
multiple snapshots on a daily basis.

Anyway, if you haven't saved your old posts and
want to try, Here's the archive.org Wayback Machine
link for ATS: ATS on Wayback Machine

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 12:23 AM
link   
How can I find my post. Here’s my proof I was abducted before my story went Hollywood and others made money off it.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorCal
How can I find my post. Here’s my proof I was abducted before my story went Hollywood and others made money off it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 01:02 AM
link   
we need a database dump of all the public facing data to be flushed to a backup location semi-periodically. I think that's a fair ask. Or if the site is sunsetted entirely.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 01:29 AM
link   
You ca print any thread to pdf via the printer symbol (right on top of your OP among the share this buttons). This thread explains it in detail with screenshots:

How To Archive Your Posts

However this works only for the page of the thread you are currently on. If your thread has 20 pages you will have to print to pdf 20 times just to save that thread. A workaround is to preselect only your own posts. You can do that by clicking on the little green guy under the stats in you avatar and choosing posts in thread.
edit on 22-3-2022 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Screenshots.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Go to FILE in your browser then "save as" or "save offline".

The browser will make a source file that has all the information on the page and a page link. Open the page link and you have the page just like you saw it online, except you don't need to be connected to see the page. The links to other pages or links outside the saved page won't work unless you're connected online.

Save it to a file you use for this purpose. Use that file to make back ups on a cloud server or on drives you have at home.

That's how I do it. I also share the files on my private network so all my computers and devices can share it.

As for text only webpages. It might be possible to set the page for viewing without pictures, then save as an off line page. I'm not sure as I never tried that yet.
edit on 22-3-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Anyone ever tried anything like this? Would it work with something as massive as ATS?

Website download tools such as HTTrack

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

Probably. I have used HTTrack several times with very good results.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
You ca print any thread to pdf via the printer symbol (right on top of your OP among the share this buttons). This thread explains it in detail with screenshots:

How To Archive Your Posts

However this works only for the page of the thread you are currently on. If your thread has 20 pages you will have to print to pdf 20 times just to save that thread. A workaround is to preselect only your own posts. You can do that by clicking on the little green guy under the stats in you avatar and choosing posts in thread.

Was looking into how to do this earlier, you can merge multiple pdfs into one on this site.

abcdpdf.com...

Also if you want the links to be clickable there is print friendly, but it messes up the formatting somewhat.

www.printfriendly.com...

I think the best option is an Adobe Acrobat free trial, saves the links and the formatting.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 06:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 04:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join