It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus say another advocate of the Spirit of Truth would come?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth

John 14:15-17

This advocate is mentioned again throughout John 14.

Here again.

26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

What's also interesting is this last part.

30 I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me, 31 but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

I'm also reminded of John 4:23

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

So here's to all the truth-seekers:

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have been slacking on my Biblical studies as of late, so i may be off touch here.

I think what your referring to is one piece of the holy trinity. The Lord reincarnate. I am not sure though so i will sit back and get educated.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Jesus is speaking of the Holy Spirit which comes after his ascension to heaven,

a reply to: QwertyMyself

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The Advocate is here with me. I was 6 when I met the advocate. He came to stay. He is always within arm reach. He gives discernment, freedom, and joy. His business is the Fathers business.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
The Advocate is here with me. I was 6 when I met the advocate. He came to stay. He is always within arm reach. He gives discernment, freedom, and joy. His business is the Fathers business.
Christ said this? And if so JC was six and in contact with some ethereal being? Mind blown if so.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: INnEedOfgOD

I think visitedbythem said that.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

Aren’t you listening, he said he will send you an advocate, so ask your advocate any questions you want. It’s the Holy Spirit, the spirit of truth, so ask him what he thinks about Putin, or Obama, or Biden. All war criminals, along with all who voted for them, for they defend him, and them from their own guilt.

They all have innocent blood on their hands, they all allow abortions, they have all killed innocent civilians.

And now we are seeing them cannibalize each other. Ask your advocate will there be nuclear ☢️ war, you bet your ass. He says.

It will separate the men from the boys, he says, they will stand before the Holy God of Creation to be Judged according to their works, and their works are death, lies, deception, arrogance, aversive, greed, gluttony, sloth, lust, wrath, and pride, they will not be saved he says, unless they repent amen turn their hearts to Jesus Christ.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Trinity is never mentioned in the bible.
Trinity would also violate first commandment.
1+1+1= 3 not 1 .

It cannot be about trinity . As that's a totally made up narrative

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 12:14 AM
link   
You are wrong.

1John5:7 -There are 3 witnesses in heaven, the Father, the word, and the Holy Spirit and all three are one.

So the bible does indeed mention the Trinity.

originally posted by: seedofchucky

1+1+1= 3 not 1 .

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: QwertyMyself

You are deliberately misquoting, leaving out key words

The ACTUAL passage is:
John 14:26
New International Version
26 But the Advocate,the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Jesus was referring to the Holy Spirit, not some crooked bedouin mass murderer.

So, NO, Jesus did NOT foresee another "prophet" from GOD coming after himself, particularly not one that would rob, murder, pillage and have sex with a 9 year old....those actions are not those of a "Godly" prophet....
edit on 17-3-2022 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky

1+1+1= 3 not 1 .

The Bible never uses the word trinity however He is a triune God....All throughout the Bible you see the great I AM, the Word, and the Spirit.

The Advocate is the Holy Spirit whom was first gifted to the apostles and believers on the day of Pentecost.

Now He is available to all who believe.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK
Holy means wholeness.

The two that make the whole is 'the seer' + 'the seen'.

The father is the seer (the invisible God).
The son is the visible image
However.... the father and son are one......seeing/appearance (holy spirit).

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK
Weirdly it is not available to all that believe......

Belief in the separate self is what hides the truth that is not hiding in plain sight......no belief is required.

It's here and now......but the separate self requires time to wander around in.

Time is a mental construct...... only concepts can seem to move in time.....

What is there really?

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Where do I mention those vile acts!?

And where does Putin come from!?

It's a simple bible question...

Methinks you went off course on your own there.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   

edit on 3/17/22 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: QwertyMyself

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth

John 14:15-17

This advocate is mentioned again throughout John 14.

Here again.

26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

What's also interesting is this last part.

30 I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me, 31 but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

I'm also reminded of John 4:23

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

So here's to all the truth-seekers:
Thank You! I Am Here!

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It’s the guardian angel that all Christian’s have. Call it by name. Talk to the lord through it.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Whom else but Paul, love or hate him.

This thing called the holy spirit sounds alot like a cup of booze or water to me.
edit on 17-4-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join