It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the Stupidest Country?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

I've been thinking about doing a thread concerning the mis-education of Americans when it comes to World events/Geo-politics because we as Americans are left in the dark when it comes to these things. I've heard the phrase "stupid American" from people of the international set when they are talking about Americans but I never thought about it much because I always assumed that they were jealous of America because of its World status. Now, I come across some articles which discuss the stupidity of Americans and how America is now the stupidest place on Earth.

Americans proudly claim their government is “of the people, by the people, for the people.” So what better way to evaluate the mental competence of the American people than by evaluating the reasonableness of their government’s policies?

The study found every government supports at least a few stupid policies. Several really stupid policies were the norm in nearly half of the 160 countries, and further, every really stupid policy and every really, really stupid policy was shared by at least 10 other countries. So America isn’t alone in supporting patently asinine policies.

But the US government was off the charts in the total number, the vast extent, and the negative worldwide impact of its really, really, stupid policies (head-stuck-way-up-your-ass type policies). In fact, many of the world’s head-stuck-way-up-your-ass policies were created by the US government and exported to other countries (often using military and/or monetary threats).

Based on certain qualifiers such as the belief in the 2-party system and corporate influence/control of our government, the acceptance/support of the military industrial complex, and the fake drug war. I have to say that upon reading the article, I don't know if it's a joke or not but he makes some points about the two-party system and the War machine that I agree with. Anyway, check it out, ATS! What say you?

ozzienews.com...
edit on 16-3-2022 by lostbook because: word change

edit on 16-3-2022 by lostbook because: word change

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

it's been a campaign to weaponize thought.

www.facebook.com...

When the Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff makes a public statement about wanting to understand his "white rage", it's clearly attached itself to the highest levels. I don't think all Americans' are stupid, but I'm pretty sure some are.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Stupid enough to NOT allow our government to disarm us.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Another example? Sure, here goes. Falling for Trump's line of BS.
Now shall we hear from those who want to say ''those falling for Biden's line of BS?
That line is easily deciphered among our members here.
Actually, it's likely me who even dares to suggest bad about Trump in these parts..

edit on 31America/ChicagoWed, 16 Mar 2022 16:29:34 -0500Wed, 16 Mar 2022 16:29:34 -050022032022-03-16T16:29:34-05:00400000029 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

None of them are any good. D or R. Either way, you'll get to kiss the Left cheek or the Right cheek...

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Agreed. However, there seems to be a campaign to make and keep Americans in the dark & stupid. Why is that?

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Actually, it's likely me who even dares to suggest bad about Trump in these parts..

You could be cured of your TDS if you would want to. It doesn't even hurt. Just stop bringing him up to distract from the shortfalls of this current US government.

I lend you a helping hand and can remind you every time I see you doing it, just say the word and help is coming.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Stupid enough to NOT allow our government to disarm us.

That didnt save you from all the stupid policies did it?

Unfortunately it is not only americans but the whole world that has gone totally retard, but since you guys are having a reputation for wanting to be number one in everything, i dont mind letting you take the gold medal in this one

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Stupid can be found in every country where there are human beings.
Stupid can also be found in those that define stupid.
Stupid have given us many new inventions by accident, and stupid have destroyed whole civilizations.

Without stupid, we would just be like all the other animals on planet earth.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   

"If stupid is crazy, then fool me twice to shame on you. Because."
-DBCowboy

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Another example? Sure, here goes. Falling for Trump's line of BS.
Now shall we hear from those who want to say ''those falling for Biden's line of BS?

Have you heard about the concept "Divide and Counqer"?
If someone wanted to rule you, would you be smart enough to look trough it or would you be fooled and pick a side?

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   

America is a rather big continent. Divided into South and North. Each has a couple of countries in it.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I agree. Look at how Gender now has no meaning. I honestly think there is something seriously wrong when gender is so easily tossed and can be changed by just how someone 'identifies' at that moment. Or goes through a gender transition surgery. It is almost at the point where we have to 100% accept someone's 'identity or pronouns' or be labelled a tphobe, or fascist if you do not. (is something bigger happening here?)

Candace Owens is a breath of fresh air, she is not having it. Here is a link to USA Today's recent nominations for "Woman of the Year"

www.ibtimes.sg...

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Gee for such a stupid country everyone else always wants our help and money.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Agreed. However, there seems to be a campaign to make and keep Americans in the dark & stupid. Why is that?

It is currently still the most prosperous country and that is probably why. Also, spiritual wickedness in high places. The bible sums it up perfectly in Ephesians chapter 6. Our country is being quickly destroyed from within by those aiding the evil rise of the 1 world beast system. It is not complicated to those rooted in unfailing truth.

You made a good post, hopefully it snaps a person or two out of their slumber!

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Only if you guys will let Hillary and Obama go. Deal?

a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Dear Duck. Our OP asked about American Stupidity by asking '' what say you ATS''. I gave two examples. You chose to chalk up one of those examples to a mythical disease. Our OP did not speculate this as a ''current administration'' issue yet it seems that this is what you would make it to be. Not so. An inability to perceive our current level of stupidity as anything other than the results of the ''current adminsitration'' is, if not stupidity itself, at least a rather serious case of being myopic.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

At the risk of sounding like an unhinged Birch Society person, it's been a marxist and Soviet plan for decades to dumb down Americans on purpose, and infiltrate all the educational system with idiots like SJW crap.

Apparently it has worked.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ToLiveIsToDie

Sorry ToDie. I mispoke. My intention was to point to both sets of unquestioning voters. Having read my post again while trying to understand your reply, I see that I did not make that clear. I will now try to go back and change that. Thanks.

Oh good, not to late. I added. ''That line is easily deciphered among our members here. ''

edit on 31America/ChicagoWed, 16 Mar 2022 16:31:11 -0500Wed, 16 Mar 2022 16:31:11 -050022032022-03-16T16:31:11-05:00400000031 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join