It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like to draw your attention to this speech by Putin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: turretless

He said what a lot of us are thinking.

Some of us here on ATS actually have the balls to say what we're thinking.

Putin would make a better leader of the United States than Joe Biden is. No doubt about that.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: rickymouse

Doesn't mean I approve of them killing people in Ukraine though

Were you ok with Ukrainian committing acts towards Donbass?

No, I am not ok with that either, that is all on their leaders, not the working people of Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

What he say's about the western elites is truth, instead of maintaining quality of life and national living standards there sole goal is to maintain and increase the power and wealth of a tiny elite minority.

But that does still not justify what he is doing in the Ukraine and I for one believe what some of the Russians POW's have said they can not turn around even though most of them do not want to be there because they will be SHOT.

You know there was another time that tactic was used on conscripts the old Soviet Commissars used to machine gun anyone that ran from battle BUT back then Russia was fighting for it's life and now it is invading a nation of there fellow Slavs many of whom were born or have relatives in Russia and many of those being sent in as soldiers have family in the Ukraine as well.

Remember no matter how much water you use you can never get the blood of your brothers off them.

Face it the Russian people fought for freedom and brought about the end of the Soviet Union, there nation was then raped by the very same Oligarch's that are now Putin's best friends and Putin is more or less restoring soviet style control over the Russian people so there democracy which has been a sham since he came to power anyway has been destroyed and taken from them.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Putin is a calculated individual, who understands the power structure of the shadow institutions that have subverted western government, more so than the vast majority of western citizens.

This is precisely why he is a threat to the ruling elite, of which he is not. This is why the NWO is spending unprecedented amounts of resources trying to cancel Putin.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The United States killed over 80,000 innocent women and children in Japan over a 5-day period.

Remember that the next time you hear our media and politicians and experts, talk about war crimes in ukraine.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Doesn't mean I approve of them killing people in Ukraine though

Were you ok with Ukrainian committing acts towards Donbass?

Yes.

Russians were trying to steal it for themselves.

Perfectly ok to attack invaders.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Putin is taking the piss here.

And the truth is that the current problems faced by millions of people in the West are the result of many years of actions by the ruling elites of their states, their mistakes, myopia and ambitions. These elites are not thinking about how to improve the lives of their citizens in Western countries. They are obsessed with their own vested interests and super profits

Yes Mr Putin, have you forgotten you are a " Ruling Elite " yourself ?

He forgot to mention that I guess...what the hell, it is a propaganda speech...but that does not mean most of it isn't true and relevant in the west.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The United States killed over 80,000 innocent women and children in Japan over a 5-day period.

Remember that the next time you hear our media and politicians and experts, talk about war crimes in ukraine.

Of course the japanese had been killing more than 250,000 per month for 10 years by that point.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: alldaylong

Putin is taking the piss here.

And the truth is that the current problems faced by millions of people in the West are the result of many years of actions by the ruling elites of their states, their mistakes, myopia and ambitions. These elites are not thinking about how to improve the lives of their citizens in Western countries. They are obsessed with their own vested interests and super profits

Yes Mr Putin, have you forgotten you are a " Ruling Elite " yourself ?

He forgot to mention that I guess...what the hell, it is a propaganda speech...but that does not mean most of it isn't true and relevant in the west.

It's akin to The Devil telling someone they are being evil.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

A random dog catcher or burger flipper would be more qualified than biden.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
This is precisely why he is a threat to the ruling elite, of which he is not.

Putin is the very definition of a ruling elite. He's a 20 year autocrat surrounded by sychophantic yes men and plutocratic oligarchs whom all solely rely on him to stay in power.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Saved here because it's .RU domain and who knows how long it will be accessible from the west.

President of Russia Vladimir Putin: Good afternoon, colleagues.

Taking part in our meeting are senior Government officials, plenipotentiary presidential envoys in the federal districts and heads of Russian regions.

We are meeting in a complicate period as our Armed Forces are conducting a special military operation in Ukraine and Donbass. I would like to remind you that at the beginning, on the morning of February 24, I publicly announced the reasons for and the main goal of Russia’s actions. It is to help our people in Donbass, who have been subjected to real genocide for nearly eight years in the most barbarous ways, that is, through blockade, large-scale punitive operations, terrorist attacks and constant artillery raids. Their only guilt was that they demanded basic human rights: to live according to their forefathers’ laws and traditions, to speak their native language, and to bring up their children as they want.

During these years, the Kiev authorities have ignored and sabotaged the implementation of the Minsk Package of Measures for a peaceful settlement of the crisis and ultimately late last year openly refused to implement it.

They also started to implement plans to join NATO. Moreover, the Kiev authorities also announced their intention to have nuclear weapons and delivery vehicles. This was a real threat. With foreign technical support, the pro-Nazi Kiev regime would have obtained weapons of mass destruction in the foreseeable future and, of course, would have targeted them against Russia.

There was a network of dozens of laboratories in Ukraine, where military biological programmes were conducted under the guidance and with the financial support of the Pentagon, including experiments with coronavirus strains, anthrax, cholera, African swine fever and other deadly diseases. Frantic attempts are being made to conceal traces of these secret programmes. However, we have grounds to assume that components of biological weapons were being created in direct proximity to Russia on the territory of Ukraine.

Our numerous warnings that such developments posed a direct threat to the security of Russia were rejected with open and cynical arrogance by Ukraine and its US and NATO patrons.

In other words, all our diplomatic efforts were fully in vain. We have been left with no peaceful alternative to settle the problems that developed through no fault of ours. In this situation, we were forced to begin this special military operation.

The movement of Russian forces against Kiev and other Ukrainian cities is not connected with a desire to occupy that country. This is not our goal, as I pointed out openly in my statement on February 24.

As for the combat tactics drafted by the Defence Ministry of Russia and the General Staff, this has fully justified itself. Our fellows – soldiers and officers – are displaying courage and heroism and are doing all they can to avoid civilian losses in Ukrainian cities.

This is what I would like to say for the first time: at the very start of the operation in Donbass, the Kiev authorities were offered opportunities to avoid hostilities, via different channels, to simply withdraw their troops from Donbass as an alternative to bloodshed. They did not want to do this. Well, this was their decision; now they will understand what is happening in reality, on the ground.

The operation is being carried out successfully, in strict conformity with the approved plan.

I must note that, encouraged by the United States and other Western countries, Ukraine was purposefully preparing for a scenario of force, a massacre and an ethnic cleansing in Donbass. A massive onslaught on Donbass and later Crimea was just a matter of time. However, our Armed Forces have shattered these plans.

Kiev was not just preparing for war, for aggression against Russia – it was conducting it. There were endless attempts to stage acts of subversion and organise a terrorist underground in Crimea. Hostilities in Donbass and the shelling of peaceful residential areas have continued all these years. Almost 14,000 civilians, including children have been killed over this time.

As you know, there was a missile strike at the centre of Donetsk on March 14. This was an overt bloody act of terror that took over 20 lives. Shelling has been ongoing during the past few days. They are striking randomly at squares with the fervor of fanatics and the exasperation of the doomed. They are acting like the Nazis did when they tried to drag as many innocent victims as they could to their graves.

But what is shocking in its extreme cynicism is not just Kiev’s blatant lies and statements that Russia allegedly launched this missile at Donetsk (they have gone as far as this), but the attitude of the so-called civilised world. The European and American press did not even notice this tragedy in Donetsk, as if nothing happened.

This is how they have been hypocritically looking the other way over the past eight years as mothers buried their children in Donbass, as elderly people were killed. This is simply moral degradation, complete de-humanisation.

It was no longer possible to tolerate this outrageous attitude towards the people of Donbass. To put an end to this genocide, Russia recognized the people’s republics of Donbass and signed treaties of friendship and mutual aid with them. Based on these treaties, the republics appealed to Russia for military aid in rebuffing the aggression. We rendered this aid because we simply could not do otherwise. We had no right to act otherwise.

I would like to emphasise this point and draw your attention to it: if our troops had acted only within the people's republics and helped them liberate their territory, it would not have been a final solution, it would not have led to peace and would not have ultimately removed the threat – to our country, this time to Russia. On the contrary, a new frontline would have been extended around Donbass and its borders, and shelling and provocations would have continued. In other words, this armed conflict would have continued indefinitely. It would have been fuelled by the revanchist hysteria of the Kiev regime, as NATO deployed its military infrastructure faster and more aggressively. In this case, we would have been faced with the fact that the attack, the offensive weapons of the alliance were already at our borders.

I will repeat – we had no alternative for self-defence, for ensuring Russia's security, to this special military operation. We will reach the goals we set. We will certainly ensure the security of Russia and our people and will never allow Ukraine to be a bridgehead for aggressive actions against our country.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't know.
Depends on how you define "better".

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So, would that make them communists?

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What he says agrees with my own observations.

He's a horrible, brutal autocrat, though, and quite the black kettle.

So... both "sides" are composed of elitist pigs and horribly corrupt and most of their subjects are under the spell of rank propaganda. Fun times.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
German media already twisting it by quoting not even whole sentences but only parts of it.

Their conclusion for the reader: WAR

They also quote sentences I can not find in the English version. Can someone verify the Russian - English translation?

Add: NOT the one in the OP, I mean the one on Russia's website.
edit on 16.3.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
it seems like he's using the lefts play book.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Putin is a "supporter of freedom and liberty" too, is he?

So was Hitler and Stalin, too, you think?

Not much "freedom and liberty" in Russia, in case you hadn't noticed.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Putin would make a better leader of the United States than Joe Biden is. No doubt about that.

That explains a lot. No wonder you're a Trump worshiper.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Because of international laws protecting the leaders from being targeted during wars....the USA could not nuke the leaders who started the war in Japan.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join