It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Threatens To Abandon American Astronaut In Space As Sanctions Threaten Peace Aboard ISS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Truly hoping those were just idle words from the Russians. Not much to add from my perspective.

Link-A-Dink Dmitry Rogozin, the head of Russia's Space Agency and a close ally to Russian President Vladimir Putin, responded to Biden in a series of hostile tweets. On Feb. 26, he posted a video in Russian that threatened to leave Vande Hei behind in space and detach Russia's segment of the space station altogether.

Kelly said he felt compelled to speak up and engaged with Rogozin on Twitter. "I was just enraged that he, the [cosmonauts], said that they were going to leave an American crew member behind. I never thought I would ever hear anything so outrageous," said Kelly.

NASA has remained silent on Rogozin's threats to abandon Vande Hei in space. Prior to the conflict in Ukraine, Russia had announced plans to pull out of the space station as early as 2025.

+38 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

To be fair, the Biden administration has a history of killing and leaving Americans behind.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Indeed, this probably won't bother anyone in the Biden regime.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Isn't there a live stream from the space station ?

Live feed

just heard the Russians talking now it's back on seems bizz as usual

edit on 11-3-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I doubt they're idle words. I had been wondering what all this war talk was going to mean in re the space station.

Here's a hint, people:
    If one acts hostile towards someone, it is insane to expect that someone to be cooperative.
We are calling for war against Russia and the assassination of their leader, openly, publicly, and brazenly. For anyone to expect Russia to assist us while we are doing that is beyond insanity. If we want our astronaut back (and I fervently hope we do!) it is now up to us to go get him.

Russia is a sovereign nation. Russia is not some store that you can make demands from because you don't like their policies. Russia does not work for us. Russia was probably (and I only say "probably" because I do not know the whole story of what's going on) in the wrong when they invaded Ukraine, and if so the sanctions may be justified... but to expect Russia to simply sit there and go "Oh! That's OK; we'll still cooperate with you on everything else" is, and I know I keep using this word but it is the only one that truly fits, INSANE.

If we want war, we can't expect the nation we want war against to be our friend. War don't work like that. D'oh!

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I wonder if anyone in the current administration even thought to ask if anyone in the space station was depending on Russia? Or maybe did anyone think about what it would take to get them home ourselves if Russia didn't like the sanctions? Or did anyone care?

I just hope this doesn't ground NASA again like the Challenger disaster did. Maybe it's just me, but I think I would be a little hesitant to go into space if I knew there was a good chance my own country would abandon me there. Space is a little more hostile an environment to survive in than getting left even in a war zone on earth.

So much for making it to Mars... let's go Brandon!

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Honestly this administration probably hasn’t even thought that far ahead. They are that cocky with their stolen power grab. That’s why the country is in the crapper. Hardly anyone thinks the election was legit. Even other world leaders, which is why the world is in shambles right now. The US has no leadership and it has created a vacuum on a global scale. By time Biden’s time is up, I wouldn’t doubt us being a 3rd world country and the world at war.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Valhall has a really good thread explaining this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The info in that thread is chilling to say the least.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   

This was put out yesterday. I posted in a recent thread. Kelly speaks.... lots of rockets launched this week, like the SPACE RACE 2.0 .
youtu.be...

Recent thread but different.

Concerning ROSCOSMOS Video about ISS - this could happen

SpaceX has enough rocket engines stored away and plans on retiring the Atlas Rocket in the near future.
edit on 11-3-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789
Valhall has a really good thread explaining this...

The info in that thread is chilling to say the least.

Thanks, I just linked that thread.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Then what's the problem? If Biden does it, expect it.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

The leader of this administration doesn't have the ability to think ahead. That's how dementia works, and why people with dementia/Alzheimer's tend to wander off. Joe Biden is on a kind of "auto-pilot" and not able to think ahead. All he can do is react to whatever is right in front of him. He has no forethought ability.

And we had plenty of warning beforehand ourselves. I, myself, warned that he had dementia long before the election. I was poo-pooed and lambasted because everyone thought I was just being mean. No, I wasn't. I was stating a fact that was crystal clear to me.

Now we're looking at WWIII and we may well have the name of the next casualty of war.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I bet Musk has a group of people moving fast. Just the kind of guy he seems to be. Make a plan and make it fast!

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

To be fair, the Biden administration has a history of killing and leaving Americans behind.

Uttering truth is against the law in America these days. beware, you are on another list somewhere.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Musk will take care of it. Nobody is getting "abandoned" when we have SpaceX to pick up the slack. Idle talk.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So let me know when that Blur Star Kachina prediction thing starts sounding more and more feasible…

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I wonder if anyone in the current administration even thought 

Little late to start now.

At this point im not sure which is worse between their foreign or domestic policies.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
rhetoric like that makes no sense when you are trying to make the world believe you are not the bad guy in the war.

Almost makes me wonder if Putin really has the control we all have gotten used to assuming he has.

Also thought I remember musk saying plans were in work to take over the station in an emergency.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

There is a Spacex crew changeout mission to the ISS scheduled for April 15. They could easily use that launch to return Vande Hei, if they had to.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

"The great web in the sky" Their teaching's are pretty on it got to say - I actually thought it could have been the Chinese one that crashed back to earth last year or so .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join