It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soviet Era Drone Crashes In Croatian Capital

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Tu-141 "Strizh" Missile-Like Drone From The War In Ukraine Looks To Have Crashed In Croatia

Loud blast and left a large crater in Zagreb. Luckily it seems nobody got hurt. Probably operated by Ukraine, possibly Russia.

must have severely malfunctioned and crossed over the entirety of Hungary or parts of neighboring countries and into Croatia from Ukraine. Flying direct from Ukraine's border to Zagreb is nearly a 350-mile journey.

More of a cruise missile than a traditional drone, the aircraft is rocket-launched from its trailer and flies a predetermined course at transonic speed, collecting various forms of intelligence, before recovering via parachute. It can then be reset and used again. 

it could also act as a decoy during combat, although this particular Tu-141 was heading in completely the wrong direction for such a mission.

That it crashed in the capital of another country seems quite the coincidence and not just any country considering the Yugoslav Wars. With all that talk about bioweapon labs - could it have been adapted to carry a payload?

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Croatia doesn't need to be involved in anything remotely resembling a war for quite some time. I think they are still rebuilding some areas after the civil war waged there in the 90s. Such a beautiful country.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   

There's speculation that Putin wants to try and destabilize the former Yugoslavian states by getting Kosovo in a war with its neighbors. But I know he would never do that because he's a really great guy and there aren't any Nazi maternity wards to blow up.....yet.

edit on 11-3-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I agree.

Then again, the missile may have been hungry for a great plate of cevapcici.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The really great guys of the US ds/mic would of course never consider creating an event to pour some additional fuel on the flames, would they? I don't think there are many good guys in this game beyond a certain level of power... mostly different shades of rotten.

seems it crashed in front of a student campus
edit on 11-3-2022 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
The really great guys of the US ds/mic would of course never consider creating an event to pour some additional fuel on the flames, would they?

Putin and his clown car of generals/advisors don't really need any help at this point, watching them stumble around getting shot to hell is clear proof they have the **** up portion of this well in hand.

Hopefully they can locate all the Nazi hospitals and bomb them out of existence.

edit on 11-3-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   
During the firebombing of Dresden in the latter stages of WW2, The Royal Air force and the US Air force did a joint night bombing run.
The British hit their target. The US Missed by a whole country and Bombed Czechoslovakia.

In War, # happens.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   
In some cases, electronic attack will disable the flight controls and just leave a drone flying until it crashes or peters out. I'm not suggesting this is the likely scenario, but a possibility obfuscating the origin or those controlling it.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It didn't crash somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the countryside - it crashed in the Capital of a country with a bit of a history - after crossing a third country (Hungary). And that on the very day the UN security council is to convene on Russia's request regarding US involvement in bio (weapon?) labs in Ukraine.

Some coincidence!
edit on 11-3-2022 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well I had a frightful thought.. you know tracers ? the one you can pin point a target with.

What if this was a tracer for something much bigger, like a tactical nuke.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What Intel could it be collecting or did someone just shoot it off assuming it was a regular missle?

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: misterE12

Croatia's air defense is weak and cant shut down missiles. This drone is more like a missile than a regular drone. I think the same thing is with Hungary, they were unable to shut it down. Romania was able to shut it down but failed to do so since missile/drone was only in their airspace for 3 minutes.

We need some Patriot air defense to shut down missiles which we don't have. Our airplane, Mig-21 is in so bad shape that they cant fly during the night. We bought Rafales from France, but pilots are still in school.

Like one person mentioned above, the whole thing is extremely weird, Ukraine's say it is not theirs, Russia says is not theirs, it is possible it has come from Belorusia.

BTW Croatia is in NATO and it appears nobody wants to talk about this drone/missile too much like everyone waits so this day is over and missile is forgotten.

However truth is that missile was flying in NATO space for 1h undetected. In fact they say they detected it but did not do anything about it, weird and I hope this was not test for a larger much serious missle.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   
So because it landed in a NATO country, does that violate NATO's "Red Line"?

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 05:39 AM
link   
NATO red line is much more to the west. Italy, France, UK...

I think Germany is also out from it, not sure. But i am sure, Romania Bulgaria, Hungary and Croatia is not inside red line...

That what this missile proved. NATO is ignoring it, lol

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

The NATO “Red Line” is an attack on a NATO country, not an unmanned vehicle, or aircraft crashing in one.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Thank you Zaphod58 and Saadad for your responses.

I'm finding it hard to understand what the "rules" are.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

The rules are basically anything they can ignore, they will. A shocking number of aircraft were shot down during the early part of the Cold War, that were largely ignored. The crews families weren’t even told anything beyond them being missing.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The thing that crashed in Zagreb, NATOs country capital city was supposedly carrying 120kg explosive. At least that is what our prime minister says on TV. Supposedly they know who send it and that is the reason why this news is not published in the USA and other western countries. Also, that is the reason why NATO is trying to push this event under the carpet. I mean I know, you know, everyone knows (Putin knows) that we will not start WW3 because of some small country named Croatia, Romania, Poland, Chez, Slovakia, Lithuania, Estonia, and other not important countries to NATO.

A week before the Zagreb bombing our military representative in Russia was called up to receive some note that we are helping Ukraine and that we will pay for it. Our military representative did not want to receive that note.

www.youtube.com...

Check the video, this guy has big balls. Anyway, Russia does not like us and they have send written note to us, not sure if some other country received this. Also Russians got crazy because some military on their own went to fight in Mariupol.

In Mariupol is chaos, Serbs are fighting alongside Russia, while Croats are fighting alongside Ukraine, and we Croats, we never lose... And Putin knows that and that's why he is angry at us... And that's why he probably send that rocket with explosives az Zagreb.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Croatia doesn't need to be involved in anything remotely resembling a war for quite some time. I think they are still rebuilding some areas after the civil war waged there in the 90s. Such a beautiful country.

yes it looks very nice.

their oysters are considered the best in the world.

the wines aren't too shabby either.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 05:07 AM
link   

edit on 3/15/22 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join