It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complexity Behind Russia-Ukraine War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The Russia-Ukraine War is more complex than Western corporate media wants us to perceive. Ukrainian leaders were taking the country closer to Russia and considered a gas pipeline deal with them before Western governments got their claws in. A revolution rose up in Ukraine to overthrow the leadership in 2014, of great benefit to the West. The EU and IMF pushed Ukraine to accept a loan offered by the West.

The backdrop to the 2014 coup and annexation cannot be understood without looking at the US strategy to open Ukrainian markets to foreign investors and give control of its economy to giant multinational corporations.

A key tool for this has been the International Monetary Fund, which leverages aid loans to push governments to adopt policies friendly to foreign investors. The IMF is funded by and represents Western financial capital and governments and has been at the forefront of efforts to reshape economies around the world for decades, often with disastrous results. The civil war in Yemen and the coup in Bolivia both followed a rejection of IMF terms.

In Ukraine, the IMF had long planned to implement a series of economic reforms to make the country more attractive to investors. These included cutting wage controls (i.e., lowering wages), “reform[ing] and reduc[ing]” health and education sectors (which made up the bulk of employment in Ukraine), and cutting natural gas subsidies to Ukrainian citizens that made energy affordable to the general public. Coup plotters like US Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland repeatedly stressed the need for the Ukrainian government to enact the “necessary” reforms.

fair.org...

Russia was pushing for a tough deal, but at least there were negotiations between the two nations. But elite globalist interests couldn't help themselves.

The NED is a key organization in the network of American soft power that pours $170 million a year into organizations dedicated to defending or installing US-friendly regimes. The Washington Post‘s David Ignatius (9/22/91) once wrote that the organization functions by “doing in public what the CIA used to do in private.” The NED targets governments who oppose US military or economic policy, stirring up anti-government opposition.

Politics and culture commentator Russell Brand explains it all very well.

This is not to say that Putin isn't an awful man and the invasion of Ukraine isn't of his own doing. But the very people pushing for war with Russia, risking a WW3, are of the same interests whose self-interest contributed to the conflict in the first place.
edit on 9-3-2022 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   
There's some information here I haven't seen before- thanks!

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2
Great thread.
Great information from the video and the person in the video is using a very well trusted source.
Important notes from the video.

The IMF is funded by and represents Western financial capital and governments has been at the forefront of efforts to reshape economics around the world for decades.

In Ukraine the IMF had long planned to implement a series of economic reforms to make the country more attractive to investors.

How does this again help the Ukrainian people? Greece is a example of IMF had been doing to Greece with the so called IMF bailouts.

Does Ukraine really want to became the next Greece of Europe?

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   

A brief summary leading up to the war in Ukraine

Most of 2013, Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych had been in negotiations with the European Union on the terms of a trade agreement involving a sizeable loan, lowering of tariffs ...

The Ukranians asked for $160 billion to offset trade restrictions that Russia would likely implement as a result of the deal. The EU could only offer $828 million.

Russia then offered Ukraine a $15 billion loan and to cut Russian natural gas prices by almost a third

Yanukovych canceled negotiations with the EU and accepted Putin’s offer.

The decision to cancel the EU agreement was met with protests in the North-Western Capital Kiev, led by members of the opposition party, which quickly turned violent.

To quote Reuters, “the unwillingness of the EU and International Monetary Fund to be flexible in their demands of Ukraine also had an effect, making them less attractive partners.”

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
great video here
bravo for russel putting this out

he may not of been aware nor did touch upon it though
part of the complexity here includes a lil disussed element in the new "land reform laws"

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   
not sure how to make a new thread anymore
but if someone wants to make a thread on the "land reform law"
here's a great article to run with
viacampesina.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
So this all led to war? Seems the major countries are always jockeying for position and it seems Russia got butt hurt and attacked. To Russia its about money, that is why they took Crimea to keep their Navy's foot print there free. Seems the same with Ukraine, no need to pay for anything if they just take it.
edit on 9-3-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Regardless of what happened prior to 2014

Because that doesn’t matter, that is what empires at war have done and will continue to do so long after we are all gone

What matters is Afghanistan was armed to the teeth and didn’t fight for their country

Ukrainians are not armed to the teeth and have this far smashed the 2nd biggest military superpower on earth

It’s that simple, Ukraine was invaded and the invader intends to steal and break apart much of their country simply because he believes Ukraine should exists, which is 100% imperialism, which is literally what Russel brand pretends to be against along with the rest of those tankies

Notice they never call out China for their imperialism in Tibet and East Turkmenistan?

I’ve also noticed the far right claiming the Russian army has located found and destroyed the Uber secret Nazi bio labs in Ukraine and has saved the world from a bio logical attack, consider the the bio labs were built by the Soviet Union and are only BSL 2 level safety just like the ones all over the world in every country, I should hope they did find them given the Ukrainians changed all the road signs and the Russian military is using US gps

I just think these people have no idea what’s happening, and have gone fully insane, fully susceptible to foreign geopolitical meddling and propaganda

At this point Xi & Putin could have the far right and far left pulling a maidan in Washington DC

Oh yeah that already happened with Russia gate & January 6th

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

You’re eating the propaganda hard.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   
None of that matters to me anymore. I simply want to see Putin's forces devastated. I realize that only comes through insurgency to prevent a nuclear exchange. Maybe Russians will arrest his ass after a lot of body bags.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Glad to hear!

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

It seems to be the case of leaders, including of Ukraine, just going with whatever benefits them personally. At least that is my perspective on it.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lasvegasteddy

You can go onto the forums and select the subject, then select "new topic".

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I agree about China, the CCP is the real threat.

Speaking of BioLabs, a US source has verified such labs existing in Ukraine. Supposedly they are just for food safety and consumer protection and not weapons. But time will tell I guess.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 11:31 PM
link   

When does a firearm become a weapon?

Looks like were two days ahead of the news circuit here on ol ATS.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I had being following geopolitics for a decade.

You keep believing whatever the media is claiming.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

seems Russia got butt hurt and attacked

They haven't send their actual forces in Ukraine.

Seems the major countries are always jockeying for position

Like the video says about the IMF this is why those major countries have a interest on Ukraine do they really care about Ukrainian themselves or are those all just virtue signalling?

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Like the video says about the IMF this is why those major countries have a interest on Ukraine do they really care about Ukrainian themselves or are those all just virtue signalling?

Ahh that explains it. They sent the Boy Scouts.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Ahh that explains it. They sent the Boy Scouts.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

I agree about China, the CCP is the real threat.

Speaking of BioLabs, a US source has verified such labs existing in Ukraine. Supposedly they are just for food safety and consumer protection and not weapons. But time will tell I guess.

They were supposedly all level 2 labs many implemented for the "covid" response, you have to be a level 4 lab by international law to even research "bioweapons"

Kirby was pretty insistent there are no US bioweapons labs as the Russians are claiming, in his Pentagon presser. Not saying he could be lying but he was as emphatic on that point as any in the complete conference

<<   2 >>

join