It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maria Baronova fears ‘we’re on the brink of a nuclear war’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Maria Baronova resigned as editor-in-chief of Russia Today, a state-run media operation also known as RT, last week after condemning Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine. She’s well aware that anyone who speaks out against the Kremlin could be in danger – but personal safety is the least of Baronova’s concerns. 

"The problem is, I know these people very well. They never send threats, they just kill, so there is kind of [a] weird silence around me, but I really think we’re on the brink of a nuclear war right now. I’m not exaggerating," Baronova told Fox News Digital from Moscow, via a WhatsApp call. 

Hope her and her family stay safe.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I think Putin trying to use nuclear weapons could be possible, but will his orders be followed by his military commanders?
There have been stories online of Putin’s increasing paranoia and very low moral among the Russian forces because they are getting beat on the battlefield by a smaller Ukrainian force.
Several top generals have been killed in action and reports are saying that Russian troops are giving up.
I think at some point Putin could be removed by the military when his orders get too insane to follow, like ordering nuclear weapons to be committed.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Fake condemnation and resignation to give weight to her words of nuclear fear?

As a tactic that is.... make us affraid and act based on that fear.

Sort of like a fake punch.
edit on 8/3/22 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Fairplay for saying anything which Putin does not agree with I applaud her bravery and share your sentiment for her safety

Or

Putin is using her as a veiled threat as people will assume the worst for her due to speaking out and then back down to Putin if they think he will go nuclear

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Putin is a Russian kgb propaganda artist, who knows what the Russian people are thinking right now, they might be all willing to die to defeat the satanic west for all you know.

Biden is allowing it to happen, he’s loving this. He looks like the good guy. Everything is backwards. There are no good governments left on earth, they all are puppets under the influence of evil forces that fund them and get them to rubber stamp their agendas, it’s like the illuminati card game. But being played out in real life.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Putin is using her as a veiled threat as people will assume the worst for her due to speaking out and then back down to Putin if they think he will go nuclear

This...^^

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randomname2
a reply to: RazorV66

Putin is a Russian kgb propaganda artist, who knows what the Russian people are thinking right now, they might be all willing to die to defeat the satanic west for all you know.

Biden is allowing it to happen, he’s loving this. He looks like the good guy. Everything is backwards. There are no good governments left on earth, they all are puppets under the influence of evil forces that fund them and get them to rubber stamp their agendas, it’s like the illuminati card game. But being played out in real life.

Or is it the real world lead up to having a one world repressive/oppressive/China style government which will keep a tight lid on everyone to keep the peon masses "safe" and to keep the rich and powerful living like kings and the overlords of the world they want to be.

Alternatively, I am seeing signs of the end of the world as we know it and it is terrifying. Seems like the politicians in power around the world, want nuclear war to reach their goal of the end of humanity for the sake of the planet, mother earth, and the environment. They know that a nuclear war will kill what those in power see as the parasites on the planet (people, you, me, your kids, your parents). The world will recover and humanity will go extinct just as the liberal environmentalists want to see happen.

edit on 3/8/22 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Russia could probably do some nuking and get away with it. They could even hit us. I wonder what the Biden admin would do if we were attacked? Possible that we just surrender to Russia/China to save the world from total destruction?

Not possible?

edit on 8-3-2022 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Here is my belief, Russia is struggling so maybe, just maybe they might use a nuke on what they regard as THERE territory AKA the Ukraine if it does not go according to there plan, if they are forced to retreat it is a time honoured tradition of the Russians to enact a burned earth policy as well.

BUT a LOT and I mean a LOT of Russia's best strength is being wasted through poor outdated tactic's and a very seriously underestimation of the Ukrainians.

Now Bare with me a bit longer.

China is WATCHING and is not getting involved, they want to test Russia without testing Russia and have there eye on Vladivostok or as they know it Yongmingcheng.
tfipost.com...

China is also greedily and with plan's for it's own future eyeing up OTHER eastern and northern Russian regions with a plan to it's own future expansion.

China would LOVE to see Russia expend it's strength in a futile fight against the OTHER RUSSIA aka the Ukraine were Russia was actually born by the way.

But they are watching warily, the Chinese are patient and will strike when the Russians have there pants around there ankles while still smiling a friendly smile at the Russians and this could spark a genuine third world war, they may also take the chance to strike should they manage to somehow wangle Russia into becoming more involved in the west.

IF Putin even half trust Xi he is making one hell of a mistake.

War provides opportunity's, gives people you think are your friends but whom want something a chance to get it all and on there term's by stabbing you in the back.

Wake up Putin, put an end to this stupid venture in the Ukraine and WATCH YOUR EASTERN BORDER.

But in your defence the coup that saw the end of the former 2014 president of the Ukraine was probably really backed by western interests, not those of western people mind you but of certain organisation's and men in power that did not like the fact the Ukraine of that time was more and more leaning toward Russia and so orchestrated that coup with the backing of some very violent ultra right wing neo Nazi element's.

But against you the current president of the Ukraine WAS democratically elected and he is a JEW so NOT A NAZI.

There are some Neo Nazi elements in the Ukraine but of course there are in Russia as well with some idiot's over in Russia nation hero worshipping the NAZI's in a kind of counter cultural revolution and apparently NAZI relic's fetch a good price there as well while to the rest of the world including most modern day Germans they send a sense of disgust through our being's (I'm a brit just to clarify not a jerry).

edit on 8-3-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (Sorry OccamsRazor made a typo there I was mentally trying to talk some reason into Putin but typed it as if I was talking to you, sorry about that of you read it and got raised eyebrow's.)

edit on 8-3-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Here's the issue: How far do we let the threat of nukes carry? How much naked aggression flies under the nuclear umbrella? This the first time the world has really asked that about a nuclear armed aggressor. It won't be the last.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This the first time the world has really asked that about a nuclear armed aggressor.

The world probably first asked about the possibility of "a nuclear armed aggressor" immediately after the US droped two nukes on Japan. Then there was Cuban Missile Crisis.

This isn't the world's first time at the nuclear rodeo.

edit on 8-3-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The missile crisis comes closest, but there was no open invasion. This is an open invasion with aggressor openly saying, "Stop me, and I nuke you."

No one has done that before.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

no one has done it before, correct, but then again thankfully, we only have 1 other nation in history to drop a nuke with the intent of killing civilians and they are supposedly the 'good guys', we are Fd if the 'bad guys' go that far.

But I am pretty certain while the plan of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki were more revenge based, any nuclear war is the worst option for us minions, the only winners will be those super rich bond villan types with bunkers and unlimited funds.

How would a modern fully nuclear armed country respond if a nuke is dropped on it by the enemy?
Would the leader of that nation just respond with nuclear retaliation?
Would that leader choose to use different methods of combat?
What would the public want as a response, should they be asked vote before pressing the red button in response?

Feels like the 80s all over again

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The situation is dire-If Putin is allowed to take over Ukraine,will that make him more or less likely to want to move to other ex soviet territories?
I would think it would make him more likely to.

But if he is prevented from taking over Ukraine-who will he blame,and what will he do?

You are right its at least as dangerous as the Cuban missile crisis,maybe more dangerous.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
In America she would not have gotten the chance to speak out. Ask Michael Hastings; oh! Wait.....you can't.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Is not going to happen, no super power in this day and time will use nuclear weapons, I am more worry about stupid regimens like NK and the middle east than Russia or China.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Is not going to happen, no super power in this day and time will use nuclear weapons, I am more worry about stupid regimens like NK and the middle east than Russia or China.

Indeed. It’s not on the agenda of those who really control the world. This is just more fear and more steps along their path to ultimate domination and control. They don’t want a nuclear war, it’s bad for business, so there won’t be a nuclear war. Unless Putin has gone rogue on them and considers it the only way to truly save humanity. Best hope not.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

That's the thing. Invading under the umbrella of "Interfere and I nuke your face" is a new and dangerous thing. If it works for someone once, who else plays the game? All the world is watching. Sooner or later, it won't work one way or the other. For sure the world has gotten a LOT more dangerous.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

Yeah and what does she have to gain?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join