It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thailand aims to avert 'population crisis' as birth rate plummets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   
We all know about China, Japan and even Singapore's birth rate crises, but Thailand's birthrate is falling down way too fast. The economy there employs companies from around the world and it won't be long before a shortage of workers to appear.
In Japan we have a waiting list of 450000 people waiting for their visas to enter Japan for school and work. No tourist allow yet.
Here is the article about the crises. I really wanted to retire in Thailand but the wife would have no part of it. I think we have a member here that is enjoying Thailand. Lucky you.

www.postguam.com... 27786dcfd0.html#tncms-source=block-contextual-fallback

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Link is 404d. I think its a good thing (overall) if population declines. Traffic sucks.

Thailand is definitely on my list to travel to!
edit on 7-3-2022 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

Link is 404d. I think its a good thing (overall) if population declines. Traffic sucks.

Sorry I just noticed that too. It was on the NEXT up to view so maybe that was the problem.
I'll see if I can find it again. I just checked my history but it doesn't show up.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

Try this link:

www.postguam.com... 27786dcfd0.html
edit on 0300000054272022-03-07T22:27:54-06:00275403pm10 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

Link doesn't work. I copy some of the print.

BANGKOK – Thailand is scrambling to encourage its people to have more babies to arrest a slumping birth rate, offering parents child care and fertility centers, while also tapping social media influencers to showcase the joys of family life.

The campaign comes as the number of births has dropped by nearly a third since 2013, when they started declining. Last year saw 544,000 births, the lowest in at least six decades and below the 563,000 deaths, which were also swelled by coronavirus-related fatalities.

What's trending in Guam news?
Top stories delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.

Enter email address
While Thailand's demographic path is similar to other Asian economies like Japan or Singapore, as an emerging market relying on cheap labor and a growing middle class the implications for Southeast Asia's second-biggest economy are far more profound.

"The data reflects a population crisis ... where the mindset toward having children has changed," said Teera Sindecharak, an expert on demography at Thammasat University.

Senior health official Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai told Reuters the government recognized a need to intervene.

"We are trying to slow down the decline in births and reverse the trend by getting families that are ready to have children faster," he said, describing plans to introduce policies so that newborns get the full support of the state.

The plans include opening fertility centers, currently limited to Bangkok and other major cities, in 76 provinces and also using social media influencers to back up the message, officials said.
edit on 0300000007292022-03-07T22:29:07-06:00290703pm10 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   

"The data reflects a population crisis ... where the mindset toward having children has changed," said Teera Sindecharak, an expert on demography at Thammasat University. Senior health official Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai told Reuters the government recognized a need to intervene. "We are trying to slow down the decline in births and reverse the trend by getting families that are ready to have children faster," he said, describing plans to introduce policies so that newborns get the full support of the state.

I really dislike this mentality of short-term mindsets. That we have to boost our population to better the economy when overpopulation will lead to many problems in the future.

I'm glad the mindset is being changed! Keep it this way. We need a better humanity that values individuals. Not an overpopulated society that sees others as cogs to grease the country's machine.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

Try this: Link.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Weird how you were able to do but I couldn't.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 02:26 AM
link   

when overpopulation will lead to many problems in the future.

That is most Elitists think. I disagree with you there.
edit on 8-3-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

when overpopulation will lead to many problems in the future.

That is most Elitists think. I disagree with you there.

Why do you disagree? Im curious. We already have a ton of people on this planet. Problems like mass pollution, lack of resources, and overcrowded cities could be greatly reduced with less people.

What benefit does it have to have more people than we currently have?

Do you really want to live in a future where every country is lke china or worse? Rampant pollution, standing neck to neck on a subway, and the individual being unimportant.
And for what? So economies can temporarily do good for 2-3 generations before overpopulation takes hold and creates much more issues than a low birthrate did.
edit on 8-3-2022 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I'm living in Thailand atm. I think we have a problem of skilled workers definitely, but not exactly a shortage of workers per say.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Use the
button when making your post and follow the instructions.

top topics

join