It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April Fools Alien Attack ..........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I reckon that the US and maybe other governments around the world should officially announce the existance of Aliens and UFO's etc. tomorrow on April 1st.

We all know that this is true and no joke but they would be able to get a really good impression of how the general public reacts etc.

If a few people kicked up / went mad / loopy then they could always say that is was just an April Fools joke!

I think the last time anything like this was the War Of The Worlds thing in the 1930's but things were very different then weren't they!

Nowadays, most people accept there is life elsewhere.

I just wondered what you guys out there thought about this idea?

I think it would work quite well, let me know what you think!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I don't think the government is into playing practical jokes. Even if they were and the alien theory was true, they would never hint that there was that possibility.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The government take his citizens as childs... they are just fear of the reaction that could have the population, the reaction people had in 1930's war normal with all movies about war of the world and their mind in this period but not these days...

Government are just feared and they are ``moumoune et loppette`` (french expression)

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
So maybe all these alien movies are just a way to prepare us or test us and see what our reaction is to the alien presence. I suppose they could expose individuals to aliens periodically to see how they react which is were we get the alien abduction stories. When people quit reacting wildly the will decide they can reveal it to everyone.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
What about the U.S nuking Iran on April 1st and blaming it on aliens?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I think it would take a little more than a nuclear bomb to trick everyone else. Don't you think that aliens would have better weapons than that? No, that wouldn't be convincing enough.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
would be fun if something important or extraordinary really happens on april 1st and nobody believes it. aliens reveal themself and fly home again wondering about the grazy earthlings.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by feyd rautha]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You know that Hilo Hawaii had a tsunami wave, and it was April 1, 1946.
Many people did not take the warning seriously, walking out to see the curious low tide, which was not a low tide at all but the precursor to the incoming wave.

One should not think events that happen on Apil fools day, are always foolish jokes. While spirited fun is great, you are still living another regular day for many practical purposes. Such an event as April fools day might provide some temporary cover for acknowledgments as you suggest. In today's world as things are done right in your face, but where governments continue as if nothing happened, every day is April fools day.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hey, let's announce our intention to comply fully with international law before attacking anybody else.
[ Dubya impersonation ] Gotcha! [ / Dubya impersonation ]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Spielberg should have released War of the Worlds on friday...
That'd been great!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have speculated this was happening, but I highly doubt it will...

But we will see tomorrow, it's already April 1st here...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by feyd rautha
would be fun if something important or extraordinary really happens on april 1st and nobody believes it. aliens reveal themself and fly home again wondering about the grazy earthlings.

Right, the aliens would land in downtown New York and everyone would just walk past them and laugh. "Good one man, nice costume". Then the aliens return back to their home planet and report that the earthlings are a fearless species.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by savannah
I don't think the government is into playing practical jokes. Even if they were and the alien theory was true, they would never hint that there was that possibility.

really?

I find politicians and the government to be a perpetual joke.

c'mon, clinton and lewinski? bush and everything? Reagan?
Gerald Ford? He was the longest running gag in presidential history.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well, Ford may have been a joke, but I don't see that the Lewenski scandal was a joke. I seriously doubt that Clinton wanted anyone else to know his private business. I suppose they could joke but it doesn't seem likey.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by savannah
Right, the aliens would land in downtown New York and everyone would just walk past them and laugh. "Good one man, nice costume". Then the aliens return back to their home planet and report that the earthlings are a fearless species.

haha this is great!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Speaking of which I recently saw a preview for the new War of the Worlds movie and it looks sweet (from what I could tell). Oh FYI don't see the Ring 2

www.moviesonline.ca...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
My Uncle Jimmy was the biggest practical joker of the family. He loved to laugh and was was always pulling off something or another. He was kind, funny, a really good man.

He died on April 1st, which really seemed appropriete, except for the fact that when my Aunt started calling the family to let them know he'd had a sudden stroke and was gone, everyone laughed at her or hung up the phone. NO ONE would believe that poor woman. It was April 1st and EVERYONE was expecting a joke of some sort from Uncle Jimmy.

Looking back now, I guess its finally safe to laugh about it. My poor Aunt needed therapy over it though.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That's a pretty sad yet funny story.

Well nothing happened, the gov is too uptight to even post a gag on their site...gah...they could atleast say that the FBI found a Alien Corpse and make it look all cheesy just to mock us UFO buffs lol.

Nobody pulled many gags this year...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Looks like the MOds are having fun today.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the Pope to pop out onto his balcony and yell, "April fools!!!"

Now THAT would be a trip

Love and light,

Wupy

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join