It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WarnerMedia Sinks $350 Million Investment Into CNN+ Streaming Platform

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Here's a little Disinfo for everyone to look at. Maybe we can even revive this forum ... if not get a couple of the others opened to the posting membership of ATS.

Link-A-Dink According to FT, WarnerMedia has sunk $350 million in investments into the CNN+ ... CNN confirmed this week that the service would be moving forward this spring and that it would cost $2.99 per month upon launch, Reuters reported. Once the introductory rate ends, CNN will charge subscribers $5.99 per month.

$120 million of the investment into the platform is going toward recruiting "top talent for the new service", Reuters wrote.

Think about that last line for a sec. They're gonna give $120mil away in salaries. Can you even imagine?

CNN is dealing with having its image thrashed over the last few years. Rogan savaged CNN and its top anchors for not reporting 'honest' news, and said that the network's abysmal ratings are a reflection of a lack of trust - while more people "believe me or trust me or want to listen to me talk."

Which begs the question: why the heck is WarnerMedia poring $350mil into a losing effort?
Possible answer: WarnerMedia has so much $$$ that $350mil doesn't matter to them.
Probable answer: A bunch of Golden Parachutes are being stitched together.

I un-subbed these turds long ago and stopped hearing their messaging. I've felt soooo much better not having my psyche torn by their avalanches of lies and half-truths.

Bonus clip from the above interview:

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Which begs the question: why the heck is WarnerMedia poring $350mil into a losing effort?

Tax write-off?

Would love to meet the executive who approved a fee-based service that you couldn't pay anyone to watch.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
CNN is the main propaganda outlet for the democratic party. Gotta keep it afloat at any cost.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I wonder who their target audience is.

I don't subscribe to any streaming service that requires payment, and I never will.

That is just me, and to be honest, I am the only one in my local group that even uses the internet, outside of a handful that occasionally use Facebook, and a few of them have even dropped that.

So they must be after the young folk, because from my personal experience, us old folk, with our limited incomes, are not going to waste even a dime of it on CNN.

CNN is going to have to promise something worth the investment. There are too many streaming services offering the same thing, and most of it is crap. A thousand channels of reruns, and garbage content.

No wonder the young folk prefer video games and the virtual world. We sure are not giving them much of future in the real one.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

Tax write-off?

Would love to meet the executive who approved a fee-based service that you couldn't pay anyone to watch.

I should have never allowed my sister to convince me to watch the "Ozarks" with her.

Now every time one of these questionable situations pop up, my mind always goes first to a possible "Ozark" connection.

I never realized before that there are so many ways to clean money, when all eyes are somewhere else. Especially when the whole center of the matrix is full of corrupt, greedy, lying, deceitful, members of a big group that we just aren't in.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
No wonder the young folk prefer video games and the virtual world. We sure are not giving them much of a future in the real one.
Frightening discourse ... all the more so because it's true ... but, not widely acknowledged/discussed.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Oh great, so this is where the stock split money into Warner Bros. Discovery is going, we have like thirteen hundred shares of AT&T stock and I guess all we will have worth anything is the AT&T stock with reduced quarterly dividends left. I am thinking AT&T wanted to get rid of that CNN stock so they don't crash....but I suppose since people believe in deception over truth maybe everyone will love the Discovery stock and it will skyrocket....I don't care to be involved in twisting of the truth so I am glad AT&T split from this...but we will still be stuck with the WBD stock, as soon as it goes up to make up the loss...it is gone.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
They hired Chris Wallace for the CNN+ but with all the upheaval, apparently he isn't happy now that Zucker's gone. He dislikes Jake Tapper and also Sam Feist, the cable giant’s Washington bureau chief and senior vice president. I think Fox would take him back though because he did bring middle and light lefties to their channel. I used to like him ok but as I've said before, both Obama and Trump have exposed different and more extreme sides of people's political views. I don't care for him much anymore.

With CNN's new subscription plan, I doubt CNN+ will be able to pull in the $$ it needs. Fox Nation (Fox's pay news channel) is always ramping up efforts to grow it's streaming app Fox Nation, and has an ESTIMATED 1 million-plus subscribers @ $5.99/mo.

So if CNN is low in it's free channel ratings, I can't imagine them coming anywhere near enough on their pay channel.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Right when things were falling apart at CNN, they recruited CHRIS WALLACE away from FoxNews to the new "CNN STREAMING" platform.

Dec 2021 - So much excitement: www.cnn.com...

It's going to be a joy watching CNN-Streaming crash/burn, taking Trump-hating Wallace with it.

edit on 3/5/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I hope they lose their entire investment.

Who in their right mind would pay $2.99 for CNN crap?

This has got to be some money laundering or tax avoidance scheme. There is no other explanation for this incomprehensible action.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Boy did they get scammed! then want you to pay?

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

a. To legally and openly train disinformation agents. (fishing)

b. Paid subscribers wouldn't challenge CNN news due to inability to admit they are paying for lies. (hooks)

c. To target specific populous with their disinformation. (bait)

d. "Personalised" news for each kind of sheep, cattle, dog and pig. (lines)

e. To promote the "us and them" to a further degree. (sinker)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   
CNN is old technology...Now everyone is going here for the News.

truthsocial.com...

CNN and Warner are targeting the advertising dollars with the expansion.
edit on 5-3-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 10:48 PM
link   
wow, that's insane!

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Maybe the airports will pay the monthly fee??

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
4.19.2022 Update

CNN+ appears to be doomed.

Source: gettr.com...

I wonder how much $$$ will have to be paid to honor contracts CNN signed with "stars" like Chris Wallace? CNN+ lured him over from Fox News.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Maybe we the tax payer are paying for all this at the end of the stick, after all Democrats has been stealing tax payer money for all kind of things that we do not even know for what.

But since they has been in power is trillions of dollars been used by them and is not for the good of the nation or for our benefits.

BTW that is 8 trillions soo far under the senile parrot and growing, soo where did all that money went.

Anybody got any rewards yet?

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Maybe Elon Musk will buy CNN, that will trigger the democrats more than he taking control over twitter,

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: carewemust

Maybe Elon Musk will buy CNN, that will trigger the democrats more than he taking control over twitter,

CNN and CNN+ are hurting. But the people on CNN are in denial.

Chris Wallace launched his debut on CNN+ this week by asking White House Press Secretary JEN PSAKI some really tough questions!

Source: www.mediaite.com...

CNN+ is about to be dismantled, lol.

The talking-heads on CNN were delivering its eulogy on the air, yesterday.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
4.19.2022 Update

CNN+ appears to be doomed.

Source: gettr.com...

I wonder how much $$$ will have to be paid to honor contracts CNN signed with "stars" like Chris Wallace? CNN+ lured him over from Fox News.

hopefully a lot.

But there's probably some clause built into the contracts allowing them to terminate it.
The whole thing looks to me like CNN+ was set up for failure. I'm pretty sure the decision has already been made, and Discovery is just waiting for an appropriate time to yank the plug.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join