It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, gotta say it

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Maybe Putin should have just said Ukraine has WMD's and are going in to stop them. Maybe them the West would of just turned a blind eye to whats happening, and then just give some limp D'ed apology afterwards.

Worked for the US didn't it?

But seriously the Western public pretty well just run with with what conflict their country is engaged in because its "the right thing" Obviously Putin thinks this is a correct decision as well, so what's the problem this time around

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The problem is strategy and prevention + resources and NATO.

This isn't as clear cut as the western media portray it Zelensky good, Putin bab - Zelensky is horrible! Truly horrible.

You have GOT to understand the region and the conflict from a historical lense, if we do not, Russia will be forced to use Nukes as there really is no alternative for them.

If Russia loses the Ukraine it loses trillions in gas, oil and strategic military space. Russia will not back down here and the west are playing a horribly dangerous game of chicken.

Also the Ukrainian government are borderline reprobate, so that doesnt help. They will maximise civillian deaths and casualities to advance their agenda. The president should have remained an entertainer.......

There's a good reason the Ukrainians are saying they're fighting for the New World Order. They're desperate for a new energy supplier! And Ukraine fits the bill, they only needed infrastructure. . . . . And Crimea......
a reply to: Trigger82

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:37 AM
link   

If Putin SMILED MORE, like China's Eleven (Xi), he'd be forgiven for invading Ukraine. Eleven was forgiven for enabling 5.9 million Covid deaths, and covering up the source of that virus, because he smiles and looks like a nice guy.

Vladimir should get a nice-guy makeover of some type. People are fooled very easily. Look what Biden did to 81 million suckers in the USA.

link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Its strange now because most people I know really had no hate toward Putin . Yes, I know we've been slowly brainwashed about how bad Putin is, but actually for the most part he is a Patriot for his people.

Sadly, I just don't see it with many leaders these days.

Putin is not going to back down.

link   
Well first, Ukraine isn't Iraq, obviously. Iraq wasn't anywhere near the US borders, had a different history, a real dictator in charge.

so what's the problem this time around

Ukraine borders Russia and the US has been heavy invested into it, because of that closeness. Talks about NATO.. For Putin, this is a clear provocation and threat to Russia. And I am sure he has communicated that and it is clear on the world stage of politics. The vote about a part of Ukraine is just the drop that gave Putin confidence to regain old territory.

This would be a bit like Russia going into deals with Mexico, trying to form an alliance, supporting them with personal, hardware and money, build some questionable research labs, directly in front of the US border. How did the US react to Cuba? And Cuba wasn't even physically bordering the USA.

How many US politicians have their fingers in affairs in the Ukraine? Biden for one... just saying. Pelosi... there are more. And I do not think for a second they acted in the interest of the US, it's private interest in money and power that made them undermine some places in Ukraine.

On the backs of the US citizens and now they want them to cheer for that war. What Putin does currently is uncalled for but the US is directly responsible for this current outcome. Besides that, most of it has been seen coming, that is why last year the superpowers refreshed their pledge to not go nuclear.

What a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Putin is a murdering dictator who invaded a sovereign Country. And he claims he did it to stop Nazis.

That's all I need to know about him.

Putin isn't a good guy, and if people can't see that, I pity them.

a reply to: musicismagic

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Putin has invaded a sovereign country.

Ukraine has a RIGHT to self determination. If you or anyone can't agree with that then i pity you.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:10 AM
link   
To the two comrades above.

Putin has invaded a sovereign country.

US government did that a couple of times and the political world cheered around the globe. It was just different excuses. WMD's, remember? Terrorists in caves. Arabic Spring and then intervene "for good", I mean sorry because of the planned gold currency and oil.

Now Putin uses the NAZI excuse (official). This is not to excuse Putin, I think I was clear in my post above about that. You can call that whataboutism but I am okay with that, if it helps point out the hypocrisy in your minds.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=26383974]ThatDamnDuckAgain[/post

US government did that a couple of times

I can't disagree with that.

However what Putin is doing, still doesn't make it right.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:18 AM
link   
When did Putin read a eulogy at a kkk funeral?

You don’t need to know much to be ignorant.

a reply to: MiddleInsite

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Was listening to a Brit on the radio the other day. Said his wife any family are in Kharkov, but he's back in Liverpool. He said how bad it has been for Russian speakers over the past 8 years. Literally being attacked / beaten up in the street by Nazi Ukranians, being shelled in the Donbas many attrocities committed by Nazi ukranians. Russians have been demonised and treated like second class citizens.

Not taking sides here just painting a picture that it is not all black and white as our media portrays it. Above not my words, nor the words of a Ukranian in the UK, he was a Scouser who married a Ukranian lady.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I was not saying it is right, that's not the point. I am only pointing out that the accuser here, was historically the aggressor on a much broader level and even in this situation, is responsible for the outcome as well.

As soon as the new US government took over, SHTF in Syria and Ukraine. Before that, Putin wasn't doing strong moves. Now he just adopts US tactics and the US gov does not like that, because it is used to get their way. Like a bully.

Governments, mind you, not the people.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:46 AM
link   

It's not that Putin isn't bad, it's the perspective that none of them are good.

When people realize they have been lied to all their life they also realize nothing is truly black and white. We simply don't live in the reality that is presented.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trigger82

But seriously the Western public pretty well just run with with what conflict their country is engaged in because its "the right thing"...

I disagree. The western media will run with it, but not the general public, at least not the general public that I've ever known. Average Joe usually doesn't even know why the hell we are constantly getting involved in affairs overseas. Personally, I've always felt we should mind our own dam business.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Maybe Putin should have just said Ukraine has WMD's

They do.
Russian nukes .
And the Russian facilities to make more.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Putin is a murdering dictator who invaded a sovereign Country. And he claims he did it to stop Nazis.

Yeah , that's basically what the US Federal Government said about Native Americans once upon a time .
Then gave em blankets with smallpox and marched them across the country .

Before that , the British and their slave trade .
edit on 3/2/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

That's all I need to know about him.

Putin isn't a good guy, and if people can't see that, I pity them.

a reply to: musicismagic

Yea.. They're buying into Russian propaganda thinking that Putin is some great patriot. So great he had to assasinate journalists who were critical of him..

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

I was following you until you said,

"Also the Ukrainian government are borderline reprobate, so that doesnt help. They will maximise civillian deaths and casualities to advance their agenda. The president should have remained an entertainer......."

O so its Ukraine's fault they are choosing to fight back against an invading force?

Sure, there is western propaganda and agendas, but there is also Russian. You sure you're not just buying into Russian propaganda because you don't seem to fault Russia at all.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Sorry, I can't buy into the 'You did something really #ing bad so I'm going to do something really #ing bad as well' mindset.

I never supported to the war in Iraq.....and I sure as hell don't support this war in Ukraine.
But comparing the two is apples and oranges.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: Trigger82

But seriously the Western public pretty well just run with with what conflict their country is engaged in because its "the right thing"...

I disagree. The western media will run with it, but not the general public, at least not the general public that I've ever known. Average Joe usually doesn't even know why the hell we are constantly getting involved in affairs overseas. Personally, I've always felt we should mind our own dam business.

Ummm…I don’t believe you…

If you spoke to that general public that you’ve ever known…how many of them are now parroting the…”Putin is actually hitler”…narrative…and believe the portrayal of what truth is as it’s fed to them…

I’ve been watching a transformation of voices that used to be somewhat objective…into cheerleaders for the current narrative…

I’ve watched it in literally tens of threads here…

Like watching Borg-like assimilations take place…and it is painfully astonishing to witness…but illuminating just the same…

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join