It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Trucker Convoy flops - who's to blame?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
a reply to: Byrd

DC is a ghost town and from my standpoint they should have went to state capitols along the way to get the word out. Also, I think with how the US intelligence offices have been so keen at infiltrating and causing problems that a lot of people don't want to risk it.

Fair points, and thanks for a thoughtful response.

On a side note I also thought that maybe this whole convoy would turn off at the last minute and change plans to keep people on their toes and that is also what could be happening as well. Was DC the real end point or just a decoy?

DC was the endpoint - if you've read the news/comments they timed the protest for Biden's State of the Union address. Breitbart source indicated that they were inspiring fear in Biden (NB: I don't believe Breitbart, but their editorial writer felt very strongly that there'd be a big protest -- and DC certainly planned for it, with mobilizing unarmed National Guard troops.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The Canadians need to be behind their truckers. Many of them as we saw with our own eyes were Native Americans and from all walks of life too. That They would call these people racist is beyond stupid if you want to win the intellectual argument. Well the libs like to just declare they are the winners and the media backs them or this would be over in favor of common sense and sound logic.

The Gov is trying to be control freaks like Canada here but we do have a solid COTUS. So solid is that COTUS that the battle is really for the right to have rights.

edit on 1-3-2022 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I didn't think US truckers were the type to be intimidated, though, if they believed strongly.

They are people, just like most of us. They are mostly law abiding.
Like the rest of us, they need money to buy food and other necessities.
They probably believe strongly that the government wouldn't hesitate to shut down their access to their own money.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
The Capitol has been on alert for a number of weeks to deal with the promised DC-bound trucker convoy protest called the "Freedom Convoy". It was set for today (Biden's State of the Union address date.)

A few days ago, the founder changed the permit from "about 3000 people showing up" to "about 500" (and let me add with respect that the founder DID take all the trouble to acquire the correct permits) but the actual number of people appears to be under 100

Road closures near the Capitol are in effect but that's kinda expected.

The National Monument livestream camera shows a very peaceful day.

The White House webcam shows a few people nearby but nothing like a protest

So... honest question:
Why did the protest (supported by many here) fizzle so spectacularly? I know there were supposed to be a number of protests

Failure to get the word out?

Fake interest (as in "many of the people saying they were going were actually bots)?

Lack of interest because no prominent people were scheduled to speak/support?

Jan 6 results have made people wary?

(no, not trolling. Just curious to see what y'all think. I have no opinion here about why it didn't come together but since I'm not accessing the same information sources as most of you, I want to know what your take on this is. NB: I do respect the founder for going through the labor of setting up the protest properly and legally and getting all the permits. Major props there, folks, even if I disagree with him.)

Seriously, are you delusional?

Go watch a livestream and educate yourself. Not even sure how anyone still believes MSM. SMH

There will be at least MANY thousands there.

They tried the same thing here in Canada, nothing to worry about, just a SMALL FRINGE MINORITY, and then ENERGENCY.

Mandate Freedom.
edit on 3/1/2022 by MykeNukem because: they came for the truckers and I wasn't a trucker...

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I been following the truck march, they are many, but I was not sure if the lasted distraction with the Ukraine invasion would take away from the protest.

I feel that if biden announce the end of the pandemic will the march still goes forward?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
Seriously, are you delusional?

Go watch a livestream and educate yourself. Not even sure how anyone still believes MSM. SMH

There will be at least MANY thousands there.

They tried the same thing here in Canada, nothing to worry about, just a SMALL FRINGE MINORITY, and then ENERGENCY.

Mandate Freedom.

So are you saying that the People's Convoy stole the thunder from the Freedom Convoy?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I been following the truck march, they are many, but I was not sure if the lasted distraction with the Ukraine invasion would take away from the protest.

I feel that if biden announce the end of the pandemic will the march still goes forward?

Yes, from what I have seen, it will still go on.

They want more issues than just the mandates addressed, I think they want the Emergency Measures Act (?) stopped too.

The People's Convoy 2022 Website.

WE DEMAND THE DECLARATION OF NATIONAL EMERGENCY CONCERNING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC BE LIFTED IMMEDIATELY AND OUR CHERISHED CONSTITUTION REIGN SUPREME.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND WE STAND TOGETHER UNDER THE BANNER OF FREEDOM – FREEDOM IS THE ONE THING THAT UNITES US ALL. LIBERTY FLOWS THROUGH ALL OF OUR VEINS.

They explain themselves very well on the website.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

No.

How could it? Our's was over before the US convoy started. We did have many American truckers taking part in ours though.

The Canadian convoy was called The Freedom Convoy 2022.

The USA convoy is called The People's Convoy 2022.

They never overlapped.

edit on 3/1/2022 by MykeNukem because: they came for the truckers and I wasn't a trucker...

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Sadly, biden just renew the emergency act, once again, it will be in effect as long as the big pharma is pushing for jabs, especially the ones on children that now is proving to be less effective than the ones for adults.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Honest answer?

Maybe they are afraid that the government would arrest them for "insurrection" and jail them indefinitelly.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   

So are you saying that the People's Convoy stole the thunder from the Freedom Convoy?

More like the People's Convoy was created and energized as a direct result of the Freedom Convoy. US truckers tried to join the Freedom Convoy but were turned away at the border, which p'ed then off. The People's Convoy is comprised of a LOT of angry truckers.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I do not think soo, neither that the government in the US will be going after banks accounts without court orders, time will tell anyway.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Sadly, biden just renew the emergency act, once again, it will be in effect as long as the big pharma is pushing for jabs, especially the ones on children that now is proving to be less effective than the ones for adults.

Here in Canada the Emergencies Act is the biggest issue we were protesting. I suspect the USA convoy has their sights on that too.

Because if that goes away, so do the BS mandates.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   

No.

How could it? Our's was over before the US convoy started.

The never overlapped.

I think there's more than one group using "Freedom Convoy"... if you look at the news site I linked, they were going under the name of Freedom Convoy.

And People's Convoy is different than both of those. I wonder if the numerous convoys (under different umbrellas) is confusing things.

In any case, the US group did get permits that the other US groups apparently haven't. While their activities are permitted protests and legal, the others may violate local ordinances.

I dunno. Just asking out of personal curiosity.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Honest answer?

Maybe they are afraid that the government would arrest them for "insurrection" and jail them indefinitelly.

The chilling effect here in Canada has worked very good. People are scared to donate or affiliate with legitimate charities now ffs.

I'm sure that's on some peoples minds in the US, especially after Jan. 6th. They still have protestors locked up from that I think.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

More like the People's Convoy was created and energized as a direct result of the Freedom Convoy. US truckers tried to join the Freedom Convoy but were turned away at the border, which p'ed then off. The People's Convoy is comprised of a LOT of angry truckers.

Thanks.

A good point that I'd read (and then forgot.)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Honest answer?

You may be right that they don't know how legal protests are set up. Sadly, the group mentioned in the article DID know how to set up a legal protest.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Because it was a controlled opposition op from the start.

It was obviously set up for the Feds to infiltrate it and give the govt. the excuse it wants to paint dissenters as terrorists.

And there has been consistent messaging to not engage since it first hit the radar.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

No.

How could it? Our's was over before the US convoy started.

The never overlapped.

I think there's more than one group using "Freedom Convoy"... if you look at the news site I linked, they were going under the name of Freedom Convoy.

And People's Convoy is different than both of those. I wonder if the numerous convoys (under different umbrellas) is confusing things.

In any case, the US group did get permits that the other US groups apparently haven't. While their activities are permitted protests and legal, the others may violate local ordinances.

I dunno. Just asking out of personal curiosity.

One of the reasons the US truckers chose "People's" convoy was because of some of the things you listed. You're right, it wasn't organized that well. The most surprising thing is that it turned into a mass protest, where the protestors outnumbered the truckers 100:1. I think that why the US went with "People's".

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: marg6043

The Art of Deflection , the Criminal LEFT Know that Play Book Well .........

As it has been shown over and over again.

Most of us that scream the loudest about being independent, critical thinkers, are the most influenced and controlled by the system.

Some are so brainwashed and trapped by the system that they don't realize, and you will never be able to make them see, that they are just another connection in the hive mind.

You have to give the devil his due. They are masterful experts in deflection manipulation, distortion, deceit, and fear mongering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join