It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU has accepted Ukraine application for membership

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So special admission procedure has been launched, no data yet what it contains, is the membership accepted as full ASAP or something else.
Usually membership takes time, but i got a gut feeling Ukraine is accepted in short notice.
Meaning if Russia now take more military actions it attacks EU itself.

In a historic development, the European Parliament accepted Ukraine's application to join the European Union on Tuesday. A special admission procedure has begun to admit Ukraine to the EU, and the voting for the same, is said to take place at 9 PM as per Indian Standard Time.

The development comes after Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy addressed the European Union Parliament. In his address, Zelenskyy pointed out how all the countries of the block were unified and expressed his desire for Ukraine to be a part of it. 'We want to be equal,' the Ukrainian President said.

LINK

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Doesn't that mean they absord all the financial burdens of that Country, ala Greece?

I'm just spit ballin, however how is this any different than joining NATO?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Putn has not invaded EU soil before but now his troops are in it. This will bring Lissabon agreement on stage
EU Lissabon agreement

On the common security and defence policy (CSDP) (5.1.2), the Treaty of Lisbon introduces a mutual defence clause which provides that all Member States are obliged to provide help to a Member State under attack. A solidarity clause provides that the Union and each of its Member States have to provide assistance by all possible means to a Member State affected by a human or natural catastrophe or by a terrorist attack. A ‘permanent structured cooperation’ is open to all Member States which commit themselves to taking part in European military equipment programmes and to providing combat units that are available for immediate action. To establish such cooperation, it is necessary to obtain a qualified majority in Council after consultation with the VP/HR.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Well for one, it still keeps the two heaviest hitters out of the game since the US and UK aren't part of the EU.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

True

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Its the door that NATO needs to strike back. I believe they will. USA and UK already have UK tanks and USA attack helicopters over in Latvia.

I am also waiting for the Space Force UFO's o show up. I don't know who owns them. The pulsating flashing orange ones as seen all over the world.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Britain has sent 2,000 anti-tank weapons to Ukraine and last wednesday Prime Minister Boris Johnson's office promised more military support to Ukraine.

USA is sending 350 million dollars worth of guns to Ukraine, anti-tank weapons, small arms, bulletproof vests and munitions to support front-line defenders. The materials also included anti-aircraft systems.
edit on 1-3-2022 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   
No they don't, most countries think that it's not the right time it was merely an emotional response from Ursula von der leyen. Not a wise response if you ask me ...
Memberships take years before they can enter the EU.

edit on 0b03America/ChicagoTue, 01 Mar 2022 08:02:03 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 01 Mar 2022 08:02:03 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Seems like just the right thing they need to do to goad Putin into attacking one of the NATO members in the EU.

Keep prodding, someone will hit the right button soon.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Well for one, it still keeps the two heaviest hitters out of the game since the US and UK aren't part of the EU.

Well... bring EU member forces, which are also Nato related and technically Putin has fire on Nato troops.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   

But the EU defensive pact would allow EU countries to send troops to Ukraine if Ukraine is admitted. The US and UK still don't have an impetus to do so at this point.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

I don't think Article 5 would trigger in that case, as it's still not an attack on a NATO country. If all it took for Article 5 to trigger was a member nation's troops being fired on then the US would have been able to invoke it during all of their misadventures in the Middle East.

As long as the fighting remains confined to Ukraine, Article 5 is off the table. The second one errant artillery shell lands across the Polish border however, then all bets are off.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:11 AM
link   

That's not a bad thing. Let the EU handle it. In my opinion it's time for the US to ease out of NATO.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
So, is all H going to let lose at 10:30 am Washington, D.C. time? Is that when their voting?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Fake news.

EU has not yet approved.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

That's not a bad thing. Let the EU handle it. In my opinion it's time for the US to ease out of NATO.

That's my sentiment.

I've been happy to sew Europe taking point on this, surprisingly Germany is in the head of that pack.

The US getting involved (which I think we've already provided too much material support) just inflames the situation given our more heated recent history with Russia.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm not worried about Russia. Haven't been in years. If Russia really has 1/3 of it's military force in the Ukraine and this is the result, not too concerned at all. Not too worried about China either.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

How were the citizens of the European Union able to come together and vote so quickly? Wow.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I'm still on the fence if Russia was deliberately trying to minimize collateral damage or if they were too cocky.

Not sure if we'll ever know either with this being a disinformation war.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: JIMC5499

I'm still on the fence if Russia was deliberately trying to minimize collateral damage or if they were too cocky.

Not sure if we'll ever know either with this being a disinformation war.

Russia can do the USA warfare as well, they just don't wish to destroy the entire country. If they did it, you would see cities destroyed to the ground.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join