It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark city

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It was a movie that blew my teenage mind
It's about a Man named John, who wakes up with amnesia and sees the bloody body of a female in the room with him, he high tails it confused in a city where day never comes, John is searching for Palm beach while the world and his illusions were beginning to shatter, John was beginning to awaken to something terrifying yet liberating, the movie had the best twist ever, it was like Wtf.... Now what, and then we'll it goes.... Nah no spoilers, just incase this makes someone watch a cult classic, Dark City 1999 or something

The movie is a symbolic master piece to me, especially when you know the importance of that name JOHN

There have been many a John in the bible, 3, I think, but the gospel of John is where we find revelation, theres a baptiste named John, and, is it an apostle?
I have a few memory's of John's, so the name has been concurrent and with memories, one was a friend who committed suicide, was a bad boy, then a troubled soul. Who still had that bad boy in him to do the only thing I couldnt, or woukd even try, but a lesson learned for me, and many others who knew him, contemplating his circumstances still no, but I didn't know that person as an adult, he was a bad boy though, who pood in paper and threw it at girls he liked, wow slipped on a tangent there, got mucky

aye John, been one of those names for me recently seems to hold great religious gnostic occult meanings

Help me out, is it the Masons that worship John as the christ? Can't remember where I read that now

So if anyone has seen Dark City, or know anything Occult (secret) about the name John, especially the bible John's, but hey any john

AEIOU.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GUGLiL
I have no answers to this one but I very much like your writing.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

"Shut it down......shut it down NOW!"

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Haha thanks, you have no idea, Its impulsive, and when I go back, and re read I find hidden meaning 'l' didn't put in, like subconscious easter eggs, some I don't find for ages, but they are there,

Crazy path just now, loving it

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Yes, honestly though movies at that time, like the crow also with Brandon Lee, man loved them, it's was great when you could let your malleable mind be ignorant, but now you can imagine a persona you want, you can it's called NLP, or something, actors called it method

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   

And they use needles to make humans subservient slaves,

edit on 28-2-2022 by GUGLiL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Don't know about any occult stuff about John, but I loved this film, is one of my favourite sci-fi films. Especially liked the Jennifer Connoly version of Sway, but sadly the film sound track had a different version, and in the movie it is only part of the song that you get to hear

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It's funny I was thinking about that movie the other day. Total mind-bender for sure. Yeah it's hard to discuss it without wrecking it for those who haven't seen it. I bought the DVD back then and I've been meaning to dig it out of the pile and watch it again. Thanks for the reminder!

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   
When I first discovered the movie it was on TV on a Spanish channel, unfortunately no English subtitles with it being dubbed in Spanish. I understand about 60% so I got the 'jest' of the movie, but I was blown away by the mysterious and Dark-Gothic-Men-in-Black look.

Anyway I was so blown away by the visuals and a really decent 'non-cookie-cutter-original' story-line that I hunted down the English version. Highly complex and very forward thinking and doing "Inception-like" effect that to me was hyper-realistic.

A very original and provocative science fiction story unlike anything I had seen, or have seen since. I was left with so many questions at the end that I was just positive there would be a Part Two.... and I'm still waiting. But I still put this in my top Twenty Cool Movies I'd watch again list.

And for those that still have no clue, enjoy the official trailer below
Johnny

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

It needs to be watched in the dark with no phone or distractions to be appreciated, atmospheric, I should actually watch it again

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I really liked Dark City. Full disclosure, though, I'd watch a movie about paint drying if Jennifer Connelly was in it.

But I don't think the name of the beach was Palm Beach. For the life of me I can't remember what it was.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

They don't make movies lie that anymore, it's so sad, but man a dark city 2 would be amazing, and he never found palm beach, was it palm beach. I wrote that op from memory, wasn't sure if I got palm beach bit right

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom
Ha I just wrote that I wasn't sure then read this, Sunny Beach, ha, it will probably be something obscure with a hidden meaning, like much of the film

It's Shell Beach

Or a S and Hell

Ha

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   
And of course....it had Jennifer Connely in it.

Smoooooooooch!

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I am a man, I am a feminist, I love women, was brought up by women... But when the Gospel of John talks about the risen Jesus, and the bright morning star, and I have my head out the box, thinking man it sounds like, christ awaits the guy that can master that morning sexual energy

Is it morning glory, universally?

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Smoooooooooch!

Hands off, buddy, she's mine! We're going to get married just as soon as the restraining order is lifted.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: nerbot

Smoooooooooch!

Hands off, buddy, she's mine! We're going to get married just as soon as the restraining order is lifted.

You'll never get her and stay alive!

Prepare for an endless world of shape changing and illusion as you walk through houses of sand and fog and my endless labyrinth of hulking dark watery blood diamonds until the day the earth stands still.

Bwah ha ha ha!

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

[Deep bow of respect]

Well played, sir, well played.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Must be time to dig my copy out of the box and watch it again.

Thanks for the suggestion.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I bought it from Walmart's discount bin, it's in my computer library now. I good mind bender I wish I could do some cyd to watch it with. I've watched it three times since I bought it, I'd watch it again anytime.

Another good mind bender is "Bone Tomahawk" . . .

Bone Tomahawk is a 2015 horror Western cannibal film written and directed by S. Craig Zahler. It stars Kurt Russell, Patrick Wilson, Matthew Fox, Richard Jenkins, Lili Simmons, Evan Jonigkeit, David Arquette, and Sid Haig and was produced by Jack Heller and Dallas Sonnier

And this one, another weirdo western, though not as extreme.

Dead Man is a 1995 American Western film written and directed by Jim Jarmusch. It stars Johnny Depp, Gary Farmer, Billy Bob Thornton, Iggy Pop, Crispin Glover, John Hurt, Michael Wincott, Lance Henriksen, Gabriel Byrne, Mili Avital, and Robert Mitchum. The movie, set in the late-1800s, follows William Blake, a meek accountant on the run after murdering a man.

edit on 28-2-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

top topics

<<   2 >>

join