It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My electric bill for next year is set to be over 4000gbp or around 5500 dollars.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:17 AM
link   
It's estimated on my usage to be £4185 from April 2022-23.

That's just electricity and my heating is not electric. My heating is kerosene and last year it was about 40p per litre, today it's 81p and I use around 1500 litres a year.

To put this in perspective my fuel costs are now set to be more than my rent.

If I was on the UK minimum wage I'd need to work for about 580 hours per year to pay for that and that's not deducting income tax or national insurance.

That's getting on for about 4 months work at 40 hours per week.

Things are going to get tough for a lot of people this year.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Here in Aus my annual bill is around $5600 for the year + gas for cooking. It's crazy because not that many years ago we had some of the cheapest electricity prices.....until the push for renewables and they started knocking down the coal fired plants, then prices started to increase exponentially. And of course nuclear is too dangerous......
edit on 26-2-2022 by Flatcoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

You need a human hamster wheel generator

Well, may as well complete the cage setup.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Dude that sucks

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Okay, so you may not be fit enough to run the hamster wheel. But what about dog powered? Dogs create the power. Dogs eat chicken. Chicken eat corn and table scraps. Just grow corn and veg and keep a rotated supply of chickens. Dog poop into the worm farm. Save your GBPs.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Dan Andrews’s in his big push selling his butt to Elon’s musk, to be screwed for over priced short life batteries which there are two major battery farms in Victoria, the cost to maintain and replace batteries does at not make sense.

We need nuclear and we need it now.

We have so much coal now going to sit idle in Victoria Wonthaggi etc, it’s a shame not to use it.

Instead our electricity prices are being jacked up by tosser Andrews.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Wow that’s a fair chunk of money for the basics, let alone food, petrol and other costs.

That’s like me paying, 9000 dollars Australian for electricity.

I couldn’t do it.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Back in the states my electric bill was 39$ a month while I was overseas. The electric company put a smart meter on my house and the bill went to 79 to 81$ a month instantaneously. Their excuse was, "Well it is more accurate !"

So I sold everything and moved (taxes and insurance was another 12,000 a year on the house which was paid for).

That was 12 years ago when I moved..... my highest electric bill, running air conditioners in the middle of the summer has been 120$ but usually averages 45 to 60 a month when not so hot..

The greenies are going to put everyone into a third world economy and feel good about doing so. If we go into another ice age or super cool down period you gotta wonder how people will survive if where they live gets to freezing for long periods.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:20 AM
link   
You think you all have it bad.
Its 1980 yen for 18 liters of kerosene now which was 980 not to long ago.
edit on 0200000015212022-02-26T03:21:15-06:00211502am3 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:26 AM
link   

a rocket mass heater burns so clean that people are heating their homes illegally, in cities, without detection
www.reddit.com...

With a bit of imagination an outside stove can be built from rubbish and used to heat water that can be fed into a radiator inside the house.
There's endless information about rocket stoves and rocket mass heaters online. When running all the smoke is burnt and almost all the heat is used in the house.

This is also worth studying.

Clean burning technology is within the reach of the average DIYer.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The old guys lollipop sucker coming to town.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Cleanhi gutter woman I pay not for this soup with my hands and a praised word flapping in the wind.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Seems excessive, how many people live in your home?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:37 AM
link   
It's a pretty big house and there's me and my wife plus 4 teenage/adult "children"

Plus we have my big workshop in the garden.

I've just worked out that the tumble dryer costs about £1.20 a go and it's running about 3 times a day on average.

Might be taking it out and weighing it in for scrap later.

originally posted by: Grenade

Seems excessive, how many people live in your home?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Very useful ideas Kester. No problems only solutions. Rocket on!

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The heating I can handle and I've got open fires in the house and my workshop has a kerosene heater that's really efficient and only costs about 85p a day.

The big issue is the "kids" that don't yet understand the cost of things.

I had to venture into my stepdaughters bedroom today and her TV was on with the sound down.

She went back to university on the 18th January and it's a 42 inch TV.

a reply to: Kester

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Doh! You need a seperate master switch for her room by the sounds of it.

My immediate thought was, will the crop be worth it. Then I read on and as the other Aussies have said , that’s outrageous and I doubt I could afford that expense.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The crazy thing is I could do a small crop to keep my head above water but couldn't afford the electric bill to grow it!

a reply to: Dalamax

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Er these newer TVs power off by themselves after a few hours, are you saying it’s been on since the 18th of January?

The rise in energy costs has sent my supplier and others into administration, because of the cap in place they couldn’t pass on the rising costs to their customers. It went up 30% at the end of last year and will go up by 80% in April and nobody is questioning this? This was announced before the Ukraine crisis too, It’s all covids fault apparently.. oh look there’s a flying pig.

I suppose they have to get us to net zero carbon somehow, renewables aren’t enough so just make energy completely unaffordable for your average pleb. That will do it.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   
It’s extortionate dude. My deepest commiserations.

<<   2  3 >>

join