It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If Ukraine Is Taking Our Eyes Off The Ball?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The Ukraine situation seems to be escalating quickly for no reason other than no one wanting to back down first. Putin is a very smart man so why would he risk conflict maybe even nuclear war with the US over Ukraine? It doesn't make sense to me until I think of this as a bait and switch type of situation where Putin and Russia are using the buildup of military troops and supplies along the Ukrainian border as an way to get the world focused on their actions. But why, unless it's being used as a distraction for China? I know Russia and China haven't gotten along historically but in recent years their relationship has been getting closer and friendlier. So, what if Russia and China made a pact where Russia would give the US trouble then China could move on Taiwan while the US is focused on Russia....? I'm not an authority on Geopolitics but I'm wondering if this scenario or something similar could be in the works...?

I pose this question to ATS so I don't have any links to provide. Just a question....?

What say you, ATS?

edit on 22-2-2022 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I think it has more to do with Biden needing a distraction from the convoys and the Durham indictments. I've seen reports saying that Zelensky told Biden to shut up about the whole thing, and that it was nothing to worry about until Biden started yammering on and trying to stoke a fire from nothing.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlysyn

I think it has more to do with Biden needing a distraction from the convoys and the Durham indictments. I've seen reports saying that Zelensky told Biden to shut up about the whole thing, and that it was nothing to worry about until Biden started yammering on and trying to stoke a fire from nothing.

Interesting....

However, Russia's actions seem to be pushing toward conflict independent of Biden, not away from conflict as Putin keeps saying. Biden could very well be playing his hand in this whole situation but his action(s) alone don't account entirely for what Russia is doing. Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Canada, our closest ally and direct neighbor will in hours descent into a authoritarian rule.

That statement begs 100s of questions, i know.

Perhaps it will answer yours however.
edit on 22-2-2022 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Canada, our closest ally and direct neighbor will in hours descent into a authoritarian rule.

That statement begs 100s of questions, i know.

Perhaps it will answer yours however.

Canada is a whole other thread! LOL! But i think i see your point.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Indeed.

I just did a tour of all the MSM sites. Notta for Canadian news or the impending vote.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Correct. Nada! Maybe Ukraine is being used as a distraction on multiple fronts?

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Thanks for making the thread I wanted to but didn't have the time.

This idea should've been crystal clear the moment that Zelenskyy told Biden to pipe down.

It's such a coincidence that this border dispute between Ukraine and Russia has been going on, in its current form, for almost a decade, yet it never seems to get cleaned up. A nice smoldering ember, ready to breathe back into flame at a moment's notice, when the need is there.

"...what the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes"

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I've also heard a running theory that Biden is only involving himself in this Ukraine business because he's trying to cover up not only his own, but also his son Hunter's doings over there. An easy way for Putin to put the screws to Biden would be to get his hands on that information and release it to the world.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Awesome thread title !

What if (add any psyop) is taking our eyes off the ball !

What is the ball and where do you live ?

edit on 22-2-2022 by guidedbyblake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Russia recently signed an agreement to help china with its power issues, at least 100 million lbs of coal with an open end to the agreement.

China has severe power issues right now, between the lockdowns and dead workers this will go a long way to making them more stable and able to take advantage of the distraction in Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Putin is doing this because he knows that in the end the world will let it happen. Then years from now the russians will be much better off because of the land they took. Look at where that land is located.

Some small hits for a big future win. I believe that is putin's game plan now.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   

China does not seem to be putting together an invasion force. They also seem to be trying to figure out how to keep good relations with both us and Russia at the same time.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlysyn

Dude russia isn't sending thousands of troops and equipment, spending millions of dollars to invade another country all to keep attention off some truck drivers making a little noise in the usa.

That is just silly.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlysyn

I think it has more to do with Biden needing a distraction from the convoys and the Durham indictments.

Putin is a deep state puppet carrying out the globalists agenda to protect Biden.

When you say it out loud, it just makes flawless sense.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I have these suspicions too, that it's a distraction from covid failures, poll numbers, investigations, and rising dissent.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   
We will have to wait till all the Olympians leave China to see what happens. Xi is bent on taking Taiwan, but no one really is talking about other then the Japanese, whom said they would help defend Taiwan. China's Defense Minister told Japan to go fk off too.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Pretty sure that Japan could say hey we will help and China would tell them to Fk off.

Bad times are coming fast!

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Pretty sure that Japan could say hey we will help and China would tell them to Fk off.

Bad times are coming fast!

I did not make this up. Japan will assist in the defense of Taiwan and , yes , the Chinese Defense Minister told the Japanese to mind their own business.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   

We will have to wait till all the Olympians leave China to see what happens.

Why? Olympians would be awesome hostages and human shields.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join