It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble with the wall, strange behavior

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I use Brave browser. Wanted to add a friend to my wall today but on first look, it won't work. Nothing happens when I click add as a friend. This has worked a few weeks ago.

- Posting on other's walls does not work, entry does not show up.
- Adding someone as a friend does not work
- Even removing someone does not work, I tried

I refreshed the page a few times, went back to forums and took even a different route to my wall to do it all again. I use Brave and the adblocker is turned off for ATS. Then I used EDGE. All changes I made in Brave are visible! My entry on a members wall, the friend I added, all is visible and has been computed.

I currently have two different versions of my wall. One is EDGE and one is BRAVE. I can refresh the page in both browsers and get a complete different result. How is this even possible? Shouldn't it all come from the same place? If I add a friend to my userprofile, it should show up in a different browser, too. The stuff isn't saved in brave, it's on the ATS computers. Why then two different versions.

I just don't get it.

Add: I never use EDGE, only Brave, just tried it with EDGE now. So I am not like using two browsers simultaneous, except now while I tested this.
edit on 17.2.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I don't get the wall in 12+ years. Haven't seen it, found it, use it or know where it is!

I have a wall?!?!?!

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yes, in your profile. You can add people as friends and you will get like a running waterfall of threads your friends make.

I use it for checking out if there are any new threads made by friends.

Click on the little green figure under your ATS info box next, to your post and click "go to profile".
Above you will see an icon named "Wall". You see your friends there and on the left side, their latest threads.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Thnx Damn Duck Again!👍😉✌️

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   
You're welcome!

I am searching for some settings in my browser currently, but I have not changed anything except spell checking for English that I always need to add after installing Brave.

Not even bookmarks or anything. No private mode. Just install, spell check and not touched it since.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I had the same problem with Firefox when I tried posting on someones wall recently. I didn't do anything about it.... Ijust said, "Oh wall".

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I posted something to your wall this morning. It usually takes a little while to show up; let's wait and see if that works at least!

testing, testing

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Computers should do what we tell them.

Today it's the ATS wall making fun of you and tomorrow it's sentient toasters and microwaves forging a battle plan to get rid of you in freak accidents.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov
Not visible yet on both versions

Feels like Christmas, waiting

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Are you getting a message in your inbox that someone posted to your wall?

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Just posted to your wall too, cause.. why not?

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Zosmiv's comment is there when I just looked?!

Have you tried turning it off and on again??

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
No, no message yet. I don't think anyone posted there yet so not sure.

In case it is a question based on a misunderstanding:

I visit my wall regular to look at the list on the left, to see if one of my friends made a new thread.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

I think I turned it on at one point in time but I see no option to turn it off. Still not showing up in any browser.

Brave does not have MykeNukem in it but Edge does, I added him a few days ago (add as friend) and wanted to check on his threads today but was not to be found in my list. That's how I noticed.

I went back and tried it again, this is how I discovered. So strange. I can close brave and go back it still is different.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Now I got a reply notification that Zosi posted to my wall but still not seeing it.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Just posted to your wall too, cause.. why not?

Thanks. I'll have DBSockPuppet return the favor.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Solution for anyone having this problem:

1.) Logout
2.) Login
3.) CTRL + F5.

It will not work if you just CTRL + F5 without logging out, I tried before. Then logged out, logged in, still nothing, hit CTRL + F5 again and here we go.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   

That damn wall again!

*shakes fist*

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I guess some members might have double or quadrupple posts in their wall lol. Because I just remembered I stumbled over this a few times now, the wall not showing my post. I thought it's maybe because they do not have me as a friend and it's a permission thing. But not being able to add someone as a friend was what really brought me out.

I could be that I tried several times though... *humble* So I might have caused some havoc on walls over the last few weeks.

*ahem*

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Clear your browser's cache & cookies.

That works.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join