It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIRV reentry compaltion video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   

video shows reentry of MIRV's(multiple independent reentry vehicles)

from various platforms

a lot was taken in the Johnston atoll

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon

some interesting colors in there

clearly from different thermal protection

that is what hypersonic speed looks like in the air, i always try to tell people how fast hypersonics are but seeing it is better, some of those mirvs were going 100's of mils in seconds.

make me wonder when i saw a yellow light looked like it was flying like a sawtooth flight path with extremally abrupt changes in direction, i could see it being a test of a wave rider or something.

it was going that speed and glowed yellow/orange like some of the shots but was way way up, if its a wave rider it would have to be as it skips on the top of the atmosphere

or maybe not, i have a feeling it was something that has been around for a while

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

GBI video, its amazing to think things like the SM-3 and the GBI's could hit something going this fast.

but its easy to see how any ABM system could be over whelmed

i would love to know what kind of decoys they are using these days.

i know back in the early 2000's they were quite impressive and not mylar balloons with heaters in them

here is a video of testing of the KV(kinetic kill vehicle) and if you notice some of the have up to 8 interceptors per warhead this video was from when SDI was still an official office. there is no way they didn't use the brilliant pebble idea on each missiles payload that way they get at least 9 KV's per missile that way.

edit on 12-2-2022 by noscopebacon because: link

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   

So... If I ever see this with my bare eyes, it's time to run for shelter I guess.

From a technical viewpoint, it's an amazing feat.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

indeed it is

but if you saw this you would more than likely die from the fallout, might as well enjoy the show.

i'd rather die in a flash than rot from cancer and infected burns

in a nuclear way where ICBM's are used you can bet you bottom dollar hospital areas are targeted so you would have a slow awful death.

and even if you happened to be in your basement and were far enough away imagine the world you would be living in after all the bomb fall.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Would there be even traditional explosives used in these ICBMs? Sending a firecracker around the world, all the hassle, I guess it will always be nuclear one?

Honestly? If it happens it happens, at this point in time, with what's going on and how we humans are behaving in general towards the environment... We kind of deserve it.

A problem that solves itself, the Universe would say, if it could speak.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If you see that, you are already dead. Just seconds before the blast.

Finally found the original with the music. Minuteman III full test. Enjoy.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

you wouldn't need to add explosives you can see the impacts the make, you could just put a tungsten dart inside the reentry body

there is various ideas and programs that are basically like the so called PGS system( prompt global strike)

that is when you would add a normal bomb or just make the reentry body very heavy and just use the kinetic energy to hit any target anywhere in the world in less than a hour from order to impact

the problem with that the other side wouldnt know what was in the missile as it would fly the same path as a nuclear armed missile rather than a single HE warhead.

i remember seeing them being used with a lower trajectory so that way the other side wouldnt think it was a normal ICBM

but now i think they are going to rely on hypersonic weapons launched in the air or even manned aircraft that could drop munitions and there would be no nervous Russians thinking we are starting a nuclear war

in a nuclear war the first shot would be very high altitude and very high yield to use the EMP to knock out everything electronic on the ground that isn't hardened and than the rest come.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

After the EMP wave, they will target the major lakes. Radioactive steam kills without wiping out the structures not directly affected by the blast.

You could move back into the buildings and begin to rebuild in less than a year.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Not aircraft. There are military projects and weapons forums.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

technically speaking a MIRV is a sort of hypersonic aircraft, and if you get into MARV's they are definitely aircraft.

but i get your point, i feel like this part of ATS can speak a little more knowledgably on military weaponry and have alot of ex military(like myself)

tomato/tomato

eta: video from the broken link

edit on 12-2-2022 by noscopebacon because: link

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   

new MMlll launch and reentry

top topics

join