It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia evacuating diplomatic staff from Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   
So Russia started to evacuate diplomatic staff from Ukraine and verified it on the news.
The country justified it by fearing 'provocations' from Ukraine or its allies.
After Russian move Lithuania and Germany both has asked their citizens to move out of Ukraine. Also USA and UK has made same decision.

The National
Feb 12, 2022

Russia has begun withdrawing its diplomatic staff from Ukraine, the Russian state-owned Ria Novosti news agency reported on Saturday amid mounting fears that Moscow will soon launch an invasion after months of military build-up on the borders with its neighbour.

"Russian diplomats and consular officers in Ukraine have begun to leave for Russia," Ria Novosti quoted a source as saying.

LINK

Same time Ukraine urges its citizens to stay calm, hundreds of Ukrainians are protesting in the center of Kiev.
Their Banners say "Ukrainians will resist" and singing their national anthem "Ukraine is not dead yet"

Spiegel news

The situation in Ukraine is coming to a head dramatically: According to SPIEGEL information, the US warned the Allies in Europe that they feared a Russian attack on Wednesday.

LINK
It is in german you might want to google translate it.
edit on 12-2-2022 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Looks like the unthinkable is close at hand , Putin is cornered and NATO keeps on pushing so there was only going to be one outcome , hard times approach for Ukraine and the wider World.

The War Pigs win again , damn them all.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   
To state the obvious, this is not good, not good at all.
Sad Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

In my opinion Putin cornered himself. Requiring over 30 countries to reply independently to Russian requirements and each letter was different to others to create conflicts, so countries made one letter instead each one separately.
Also military build up in the border even Russia was saying they are not but satellite images show different picture.

Remember Putin is a product of KGB and Cold War. He always talk about Greater Russia which includes areas Russia "had" long long long ago even the time prior middle ages 700 AD. It is his dream he wishes to aquire. Besides borders were not solid in those times and not really many real "countries" more like a villages here and there and small kingdoms.. you have to think does he has all OK. He wishes the times of Rurik Dynasty.. that dynasty reached to Black Sea.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The US said no troops in Ukraine UK said no troops in Ukraine who is going to help They opened the door for Putin he just laughs at sanctions .

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Are the so called leaders that are pushing for all out war completely insane?

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I'm no defender of Tsar Putin and have watched over the years as he's flouted International laws time and again but Russia was told at the end of the Cold War that NATO had no intention of pushing Eastwards , since then NATO has pushed Eastwards to a point that they are on Russia's doorstep , if the roles were reversed I don't see NATO accepting the situation.

NATO should give Russia the security assurances it needs to avert this coming crisis , lest we all fall victim to an escalation that goes beyond anyone's control.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

They probably want Russia to invade, they probably have all kinds of booby traps in place and are hoping that Russia fails, Putin gets blamed and they can install a new puppet in his place.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Same time Ukraine urges its citizens to stay calm, hundreds of Ukrainians are protesting in the center of Kiev.
Their Banners say "Ukrainians will resist" and singing their national anthem "Ukraine is not dead yet"

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Here's the thing though, Ukraine is a sovereign country. They're the ones that chose to join NATO's Partnership for Peace program with the intention of becoming a full-fledged member.

Should Ukraine be denied their autonomy to choose who they ally with because of something that occurred 30 years ago?

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
The US said no troops in Ukraine UK said no troops in Ukraine who is going to help They opened the door for Putin he just laughs at sanctions .

And how many times have we heard one thing from the government and then they turn around and do the opposite ?

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   

This was a sign I was hoping I wouldn't see any time soon.

Look for interruptions in communications. When you see that - its starting.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Should Ukraine be denied their autonomy to choose who they ally with because of something that occurred 30 years ago?

If it averts war yes , the fact we are at the brink of war shows Ukraine that NATO membership is a mere formality as it is already protected , to an extent , by the International community regardless of official acceptance into NATO , as it stands their desire to join NATO is risking their autonomy and the lives of their people.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   

But them not joining NATO is also risking their autonomy and lives of their people. All it took as for a non-Russian friendly government to get in to power for Putin to invade the first time.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Here's the thing though, Ukraine is a sovereign country. They're the ones that chose to join NATO's Partnership for Peace program with the intention of becoming a full-fledged member.

I was just reading this. www.nato.int... It's a quick read. You are correct. You volunteer to get into NATO, NATO doesn't force you.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   

You forget the history of those countries which used to be part of Soviet Union what was their life alike being under Soviet Tyranny.
There were shortage on everything you needed to live, electricity, food and bread. Living in your birth country and country of your ancestors and under Soviet rule you were second class citizen without rights or "freedom". If you spoke or wrote something against USSR policies you were prisoned ( pretty much what happens in this day too in Russia)

No wonder when all these countries separated from Soviet Union they wanted some security ( would you after several decades of tyranny ?)

NATO has not asked them to join .. they wanted to join due what they had experienced that is the difference. I can´t blame them.

Aljaksandr Lukašenka President of Belarus in other hand is a communist and puppet of Putin. All the rest wanted to get as far as they could away from Russia and being used.
edit on 12-2-2022 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Whats the chances Ukraine kept some of those nukes ?

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

LINK

They wish they had.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I'm no defender of Tsar Putin and have watched over the years as he's flouted International laws time and again but Russia was told at the end of the Cold War that NATO had no intention of pushing Eastwards , since then NATO has pushed Eastwards to a point that they are on Russia's doorstep , if the roles were reversed I don't see NATO accepting the situation.

NATO should give Russia the security assurances it needs to avert this coming crisis , lest we all fall victim to an escalation that goes beyond anyone's control.

Very well put, I agree

I'll just add that pushing eastward didn't make us any more secure, it just enriched certain politicians and corporations on both sides of the pond.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You forget the history of those countries which used to be part of Soviet Union what was their life alike being under Soviet Tyranny.

No I don't forget that neither do I forget that they are no longer part of Soviet Union , but the fact they are a former Soviet country changes the dynamic of whether they should aspire to join NATO given the geopolitical realities of such a move.

In an ideal world they should have the right to choose but we don't live in an ideal world an risking Armageddon just so they can be a part of the NATO alliance doesn't seem to me to be a sensible thing to do.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join